Yamaha ’s Raptor line of ATVs has a full line-up of choices for consumers, with the versatile 250 being among one of the most favorites. Unlike the 90 and the 125, the 250 offers an aggressive combination of styling, handling, and performance.
Designed to look more aggressive than its lower-tier variants, the Raptor 250 features a low stance that underlies the ATV’s imposing looks. The bodywork of the Raptor 250 comes off without the need to disassemble electrical parts, the airbox, or the wiring harness, making for easy maintenance. The ATV also has a low, 28.7" seat height that enhances rider comfort and allows optimal rider movement while dual 30-watt multireflector Krypton headlights add to the perfect menacing appearance. The taillight also comes with an incorporated brakelight for added convenience.
The Raptor 250 is powered by an air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke single engine that feels bigger than 249cc. Not only does it produce a broad, deep powerband, it also comes with a five-speed gearbox with manual clutch to provide the flexibility to tackle any track or trail.
In terms of handling, the Raptor 250 offers a light, strong, short-wheelbase chassis that creates a quick and responsive package. An independent double-wishbone front suspension with five-way preload-adjustable shocks provides 7.5" of wheel travel while a rigid and light swingarm rear end is controlled by a shock with adjustable preload and 7.9" of wheel travel.
All told, the Yamaha Raptor 250 is the perfect jack-of-all-trades ATV that offers all the things you’ll need in a dirt-busting all-terrain vehicle.
Hit the jump for more details on the Yamaha Raptor 250.
- Light and powerful 249cc, air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke single produces a broad, deep powerband.
- Five-speed gearbox with manual clutch provides the flexibility to tackle pretty much any track or trail.
- Mikuni 29mm carburetor provides light throttle pull and excellent throttle response across the entire rpm range.
- Electric starting is standard equipment and works in any gear.
- DC-CDI ignition system delivers consistent spark at all rpm levels—for quick throttle response and a smooth, broad powerband.
- Ceramic-composite cylinder liner allows for greatly reduced wear and excellent heat dissipation.
- Oil cooler keeps engine temps down and lubrication up in hot conditions.
- Airbox features no-tools air filter access.
- Three-chamber muffler is light, quiet, and boosts low- and midrange performance.
Chassis and Suspension
- Light, strong, short-wheelbase chassis creates a quick, super-responsive high-performance package.
- Low, 28.7-inch seat height enhances rider comfort and allows optimal rider movement.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension with five-way preload-adjustable shocks gives 7.5 inches of wheel travel.
- Rigid and light swingarm rear end is controlled by a shock with adjustable preload and 7.9 inches of wheel travel, for rider comfort.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for excellent suspension performance, acceleration, deceleration, and handling.
- Triple hydraulic disc brakes deliver excellent stopping power even in wet conditions.
- Extra-wide, 45mm foot pegs provide excellent grip and rider comfort.
- Easy-to-use, flip-type handlebar-mounted parking brake can be set with one hand.
- Low profile Dunlop tires deliver outstanding traction for razorsharp handling in a variety of terrain.
- Easy-adjust eccentric chain adjustment feature means hassle-free chain maintenance.
- Flat, composite skidplates provide maximum underbelly protection.
- Rugged steel grab bars front and rear help fend off debris and damage.
- Yamaha introduces an Industry First! Starting with the 2012 model year, every Sport ATV model will feature a white color version that can be customized with 1 of 11 graphic choices. After purchasing their ATV, customers order their customizable graphics from ONE Industries.
- Dual 30-watt multireflector Krypton headlights add the perfect menacing appearance. Taillight has an incorporated brakelight for added convenience.
- Waterproof electrical connectors provide outstanding durability and reliability.
- Easy-access grease fittings on all chassis lubrication points simplify maintenance and help extend the life of the Raptor 250.
- Bodywork comes off without the need to disassemble electrical parts, airbox or wiring harness—for easy maintenance.
- A 2.4-gallon fuel tank means less filling up and longer, more enjoyable rides.
|Engine Type||249cc air-/oil-cooled 4-stroke;|
SOHC, 2 valves
|Bore x Stroke||74.0 x 58.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni 29mm BSR|
|Transmission||5-speed; wet multiplate clutch|
|Drive Train||2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric|
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone; 5-way|
preload-adjustable shocks, 7.5-in travel
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tire/Front||Dunlop AT20 x 7-10|
|Tire/Rear||Dunlop AT19 x 10-9|
|L x W x H||64.0 x 42.1 x 40.9 in|
|Seat Height||28.7 in|
|Ground Clearance||3.9 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.4 gal|
|Wet Weight||330 lb|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector|
headlights & 21/5W brakelight
|Color||Team Yamaha Blue/White;|
White w/choice of graphics