There are beginner ATVs, and then there are the big boys. In the case of Yamaha, the 2011 Raptor 700 is the latter, and so much more.
As far as performance capabilities are concerned, the Yamaha Raptor 700R S comes with a powerful 686cc Yamaha fuel-injected engine, making this machine the most powerful Yamaha sport ATV ever. This bike is complete with big torque right off the bat and then transitions into a fat mid-range and monstrous top end. The imposing powerplant looks like it’s about to pop out of the machine, perfectly complementing the bike’s natural aggressive styling and YFZ -inspired handling. The Raptor 700R S also has a long YZ -style seat that allows maximum rider comfort while also offering superb sport-riding ergonomics. At the front, the ATV comes with multireflector 30-watt Krypton headlights that add the perfect no-compromise sporting accent, while LED lights on the back provide great visibility. Other prominent features of the Raptor 700R S include a digital meter that offers riders plenty of information that they can use at their disposal, including a speedometer, dual trip meters, an odometer, a clock and engine warning indicators, and neutral and reverse indicators.
In terms of handling, the Raptor 700R S comes with a hybrid steel and aluminum frame with a Controlled-Fill aluminum subframe and cast aluminum swingarm, producing a super-strong structure and the lightest ATV in its class. The bike also has sport-tuned piggyback shocks that provide long stroke for excellent sport-riding comfort while also being fully
adjustable with convenient adjustment knobs to fine-tune the ride.
Find out more about the full specs of the Yamaha 700R S after the jump.
- Forged lightweight piston, connecting rod and crankshaft in the 686cc engine are light and strong, for a hard-hitting, quick-revving powerplant that revs all the way to 9000 rpm. Dual counterbalancers keep it smooth.
- Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) means consistently excellent engine performance in a wide range of conditions, elevations and temperatures.
- Competition-spec dry-sump lubrication system boosts usable horsepower and keeps overall engine size more compact.
- Digital TCI w/16-bit electronic control unit controls fuel injection and ignition systems for consistent performance and fantastic throttle response.
- Reliable pushbutton electric start in any gear adds extra convenience.
- Race-bred five-speed transmission with reverse, along with Raptor 700R’s monstrous powerband, means there’s a choice of gears in just about all situations.
- YZ-spec ratchet shifter ensures smooth, resistance-free shifting under power. Heavy-duty clutch features extra-sturdy basket and plates designed to harness the Raptor 700R’s power.
- Easy-to-reach oil filter and tool-free air filter provide added convenience.
- State-of-the-art chassis combines a steel front section with an aluminum rear section and detachable subframe to create a super-strong structure.
- Compact, CAD-designed chassis creates the ideal wheelbase for light, quick, super-accurate steering.
- Piggyback shocks provide excellent sport-riding comfort, with high- and low-speed compression adjustability, rebound and preload adjustability, and 9.1-inch travel.
- YZ-style piggyback rear shock gives 10.1-inch wheel travel with high- and low-speed compression adjustability for maximum sport versatility, along with preload and rebound adjustment.
- Front brake master cylinder features an adjustable lever for increased comfort and feel.
- Twin aluminum-piston front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power. Discs are drilled, which helps reduce unsprung weight for excellent suspension compliance.
- Cast aluminum swingarm carries an eccentric quick-adjust drive chain mechanism that takes most of the work out of that task.
- Handlebar-mounted flip-type parking brake lever and rear brake caliper adjust automatically.
- High-performance 21x7-10 front and 20x10-9 rear Dunlop® radials with a specially designed tread pattern deliver superb, class-leading traction for razor-sharp handling in a variety of terrain and conditions.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels help enhance suspension performance by reducing unsprung weight.
- Race-inspired 45mm serrated foot pegs provide excellent boot traction.
- Controlled-fill aluminum subframe is light and strong. So is the composite front grab bar.
- Yamaha introduces an Industry First! Starting with the 2012 model year, every Sport ATV model will feature a white color
- Raptor 700R features a digital meter with speedometer, dual trip meters, odometer, clock, warning indicators for coolant and low fuel, plus neutral and reverse indicators.
- Inner rolled wheels reduce weight while maintaining strength.
- Long, YZ-style seat allows maximum rider comfort and movement with superb sport-riding ergonomics.
- Multireflector 30-watt Krypton headlights set back in the front cowl add the perfect no-compromises sporting accent, and an LED taillight provides great visibility.
- Large-capacity, 2.9-gallon fuel tank and Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) mean more time on the trail between fill-ups.
- Thumb throttle lever has a smooth shape for a feel riders will appreciate, with less fatigue at the end of the day.
- Styling is sharp and aggressive.
|Engine Type||686cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke;|
SOHC, 4 valves
|Bore x Stroke||102.0 x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 44mm|
|Ignition||16 Bit ECU|
|Transmission||5-speed w/reverse; wet multiplate clutch|
|Drive Train||2WD; sealed O-ring chain,|
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone w/piggyback|
High-/Lo-speed compression, rebound and
threaded preload adjustment, 9.1-in travel
|Suspension/Rear||Cast aluminum swing arm w/rebound,|
High-/Lo-speed compression and threaded
preload adjustment, 10.1-in travel
|Brakes/Front||Dual ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Brake/Rear||Ventilated hydraulic disc,|
self-adjusting park brake function
|Tires/Front||AT21 x 7-10 Radial|
|Tires/Rear||AT20 x 10-9 Radial|
|L x W x H||72.6 x 46.1 x 44.5 in|
|Seat Heig||32.0 in|
|Ground Clearance||4.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.9 gal|
|Wet Weight||422 lb|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector|
headlights & 3.9/0.5W LED brakelight
|Color||Team Yamaha Blue/White;|
White w/choice of graphics