The 2012 Yamaha Rhino sets the standard for versatility, value, and reliable performance for an ATV, all while looking the part of its name. It’s fairly easy to judge an ATV based on how much it can handle at any given point in time, but as far as exceeding expectations, the Rhino is as capable as any of its contemporaries - and then some.
Built on the same principles as that of the Rhino 700FI, the 700 FI Sport Edition adds a bit of style and sizzle into what is already an uncompromisingly imposing package. It is ready to go and packed with plenty of amenities, including fully adjustable piggyback shocks, one-piece cast aluminum wheels, injection-molded sun top, over fenders, and a Baja-inspired front carry bar. The ATV also has thick bucket seats and a long-travel suspension system that work together to provide the smoothest ride in the industry, as well as dealer-installed LED tail lights, a brushed aluminum shift knob, cargo bed rails, a stylish steering wheel, a three-point seat belt with anti-cinch shoulder belt, a center-mounted
console shifter, and a parking brake lever.
But more than its aesthetics, the Rhino 700FI Sport Edition sets itself apart with a 686cc liquid/oil-cooled, four-stroke engine that provides undeniable performance anytime and anywhere. The engine is mated to an industry-exclusive fully automatic Ultramatic transmission with dual-range drive and
and an industry-exclusive three-position On-Command In/Out 4WD feature that allows you to switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD at the ease of just pushing a button.
As far as handling duties are concerned, the Rhino comes with a fully independent four-wheel suspension featuring double wishbones on the front and rear deliver 7.3" of wheel travel and 12.1" of ground clearance, making it the perfect companion for all your go-anywhere, do-anything adventures.
Find out more about the Yamaha Rhino 700FI Sport Edition after the jump.
- 686cc engine puts out a broad powerband. Four-valve head with 9.2:1 compression bumps power and efficiency.
- Electronic fuel injection ensures peak performance in nearly all conditions and elevations, along with instantaneous cold starts.
- Four-wheel disc brakes provide unsurpassed stopping power, and the parking brake is super-convenient.
- Dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive with reverse taps into more pulling power in low and more performance in high.
- Console-mounted dual-range (H/L/N/R) shift lever provides positive Ultramatic transmission operation.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris, and a hand-operated side cover drain is available in extreme circumstances.
- Specially designed full stainless-steel exhaust system features aluminum heat shields and a screen-type spark arrestor for superb power characteristics with minimum noise output.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator and oil cooler with fan-assist delivers maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- Specially designed drive system air intake vent helps prevent overheating and assists in keeping water and mud from entering the drive case.
Chassis and Suspension
- Steel frame is lightweight and features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for superb handling.
- Light, responsive rack-and-pinion steering features a fully sealed steering column and double U-jointed steering linkage for smooth operation and class-leading turning radius—even in 4WD.
- 12.1-inch ground clearance delivers maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
- Low-maintenance front shaft drive features gear case and electronic servo-activated 2WD/4WD/Diff Lock via the On-Command system. Direct rear shaft drive eliminates the U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer at all rpm.
- Heavy-duty CV joint guards protect against rock and debris damage.
- Standard center-mounted, heavy-duty 2-inch receiver-style hitch can tow more than 1200 pounds.
- Tough, rotomolded doors keep mud, water and dirt on the trail where they belong.
- Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 400 pounds of gear, with a latch that opens from either side.
- Aggressive Maxxis tires offer great traction, longer life and a comfortable ride.
- Equipped with two cup holders for even greater creature comfort.
- Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- Integrated, easy-to-read fuel gauge makes it easy to keep track of your fuel supply.
- Large, specially designed seats are extra plush and supportive for all-day driver and passenger comfort.
- Dual 30-watt multireflector Krypton bulb headlights with high/ low beams feature stylishly sleek cat-eye design; dual 5-watt/ 21-watt tail/brake lights.
- Large, 7.9-gallon fuel tank allows for long rides.
- Maintenance-free battery provides power, even in cold weather. Under-hood, tool-free air filter is a snap to service.
- Cool, comfortable steering wheel and passenger grab handles.
- Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
|Model||YXR7FSPB; YXR7FBH; YXR7FBL; YXR7FBGR|
|Engine Type||686cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||102.0 x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 41mm|
|Ignition||32 Bit ECU|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R|
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command pushbutton; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive|
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone;5-way preload adjustment, 7.3-in travel|
|Suspension/Rear||Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 7.3-in travel|
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Brakes/Rear||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tire/Front||AT25 x 8-12 NHS|
|Tire/Rear||AT25 x 10-12 NHS|
|L x W x H||113.6 x 56.6 x 73 in|
|Turning Radius||153.5 in|
|Ground Clearance||12.1 in|
|Fuel Capacity||7.9 gal|
|Dry Weight||1199 lb|
|Bed Capacity||400 lb|
|Towing Capacity||1212 lb|
|Instrumentation||Digital LCD multifunction display; speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, clock, fuel gauge and gear position|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & dual 21/5W brakelight|
|Color||Sport Edition: Metallic Sandstone; Realtree AP Camo; Steel Blue; Hunter Green|