- air-cooled, pushrod V-twin
- 1854 L
The Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe is one of the most powerful and stylish bikes on the market and the 2012 model comes packed with plenty of new features.
Comfort, convenience and style. Three words that best describe the 2012 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe casual full dress tourer. The bike’s sleek neo-classic styling lines are only the beginning; it also has a hard fairing with an aggressive mini windshield and color-matched hard saddlebags, plus a handlebar-mounted, audio-controller that allows you to ante up on the volume of your plugged-in iPod. There’s also a a pair of large, color-matched, locking hard sidebags, making the bike an ideal companion for those short and long trips. For the 2012 model, the new features include a Garmin Zumo 665 GPS that comes with plenty of features, including navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius/XM satellite radio capability, real-time weather and traffic, road condition, and warning, among other things.
In terms of performance, the 2012 Stratoliner Deluxe is powered by a 1,854cc air-cooled, pushrod V-twin engine producing great thrust at any speed. The engine also has a twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection that provides optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions. As far as the chassis and suspension are concerned, the bike features a long and low aluminum frame that features light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser. The suspension set-up utilizes 46mm fork tubes to serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance, as well as a tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring preload that provides a smooth ride.
Find out more about the full specs of the Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe after the jump.
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin has massive looks and performance.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provides optimum combustion efficiency.
- Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding reliability and longer engine life.
- 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
- Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque.
- Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
- 3300 rpm at 75 mph gives some idea of the Stratoliner Deluxe’s power and cruisability. Maximum torque is reached at only 2500 rpm.
Chassis and Suspension
- Aluminum frame is light, rigid, and requires few welds for a smooth, clean look. A light, Controlled-Fill die-cast swingarm complements the bike’s streamline style and reduces unsprung weight for great handling.
- 46mm fork tubes serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring preload out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar in chrome clamps carries the Stratoliner Deluxe’s switchgear wiring on the inside.
- Flangeless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
- 12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat, 190/60-17 rear for excellent grip.
- Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power, feel, and great style.
- Strong-and-light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- Standard fairing with speakers. Stereo system is ready for iPod /iPhone players and includes convenient, handlebarmounted audio controls.
- Neo-streamline design gives the Stratoliner Deluxe a completely distinctive look and the fairing offers excellent weather protection.
- A sculpted seat makes the Stratoliner Deluxe an excellent place to sit on long rides. Improves long range comfort.
- Position beams within the main headlight housing provide great visibility.
- Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
- Classic clock-style instrumentation complement Stratoliner Deluxe’s neo-retro look and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters and odometer.
- Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Color matched, locking hard sidebags make the Stratoliner Deluxe perfect for short trips or long hauls.
- A quick-detachable backrest is available as an accessory option.
The 2012 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe will be available in February 2012 with prices starting at $17,990 (Liquid Silver).
|Engine Type||113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled 48°|
V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 x 118.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection|
with throttle position sensor
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
multiplate wet clutch
|Suspension/Front||46mm telescopic fork;|
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brake/Rear||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|L x W x H||101.6 x N/A x 59.6 in|
|Seat Height||27.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.5 gal|
|Est. Fuel Economy||N/A|
|Wet Weight||794 lb|