50cc. That’s all it takes for the Yamaha Zuma 50F to be the kind of sporty scooter that makes commuting such a fun endeavor. Don’t be fooled by the bike’s relative timidity; it’s not built for that purpose.
What it’s built for is to provide exceptional riding pleasure at the drop of a hat, complimented by a sharp new styling that features an updated twin-headlight set-up that takes the Zuma 50F’s tough, off-road image to the next level. The scooter also has an open and spacious ride for two along with lots of locking storage underneath. Enjoying the simple thrills of life doesn’t have to mean seeking the biggest and most powerful machine out there.
In terms of powertrain, the Zuma 50F is powered by a low-maintenance, 49cc liquid-cooled 3-valve, 4-stroke engine that’s both quiet and powerful. The engine has an electronic fuel injection that provides smooth, seamless power and is mated to a fully automatic V-belt transmission that gives easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation. It also comes with pushbutton electric starting that gives the ultimate ease of operation scooters like this are known for. As a scooter, the Zuma 50F’s fuel economy rings up to an estimated 132 mpg with a fuel tank that holds 1.2 gallons of gas. It may not have the power, but it sure manages its fuel well.
As for the top speed? Don’t expect it to hit more than 45 mph, which may sound a little dull, but given the circumstances, the Zuma 50F was never built to be used on the highway. It’s a pure leisure ride for the city streets.
Find our more about the full specs of the Yamaha Zuma 50F after the jump.
- Liquid-cooled 3-valve, 4-stroke engine is powerful, quiet, and
- Electronic fuel injection with 19mm throttle body provides
optimal mixture in all conditions as well as easy cold starts.
- The Zuma 50F achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 132
mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 1.2 gallons of gas.
- Fully automatic V-belt transmission provides easy, twist-thethrottle-
- Pushbutton electric starting gives ultimate ease of operation.
- The air-induction system and exhaust catalyst technology reduce
Chassis and Suspension
- Large-gauge steel pipe frame offers strength and rigidity.
- Fuel tank positioned low in the center tunnel provides centralized
mass and extra convenience – the tank can be refueled without
opening the seat, unlike many scooters.
- Wave-shaped 180mm front disc brake and rear drum brakes
combine for serious stopping power. The front brake caliper is
accented with red paint for a high-tech look.
- Large-diameter, 42mm outer tubes on the front forks enhance to
the beefy image.
- 120mm diameter fat tires front and rear are designed for
impressive look with strong-grip pattern.
- Wide, bar-type handlebars emphasize the tough, off-road
styling and also make it possible to use accessory bars for a
- The sturdy rear cargo rack includes an integrated grab bar.
- The under-seat trunk is large enough to hold an XL full-face
helmet, etc. (23-liter capacity).
- Two-level seat provides a relaxed sitting position for both rider
- Turn signals are equipped with clear lenses for a sleek look.
- Twin headlight design maintains the unmistakable Zuma 50F
- Distinctive red accents add style.
The all-new 2012 Zuma 50F comes in Raven, Team Yamaha Blue/White, and Alpine White with an MSRP of $2,490. It will be available in dealerships nationwide beginning in September.
|Model||YW50FBB; YW50FBL; YW50FBW|
|Engine Type||49cc, liquid-cooled 4-stroke SOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||38.0 x 43.6mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel injection|
|L x W x H||73.0 x 28.8 x 43.1 in|
|Seat Height||30.7 in|
|Ground Clearance||4.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.2 gal|
|*Est. Fuel Economy||132 mpg|
|**Wet Weight||205 lb|
|Color||Team Yamaha Blue; Raven;
* Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission
certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will
vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain
your vehicle, accessories, cargo, and operator/passenger weight.
** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and
all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank
of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories.
Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with