- air/oil-cooled 4-stroke; SOHC, 2 valves
- 5-speed; wet multiplate clutch
- Mikuni® 29mm BSR
- 249 cc
The Yamaha Raptor 250 was designed to fill the gap between the Raptor 350 and 125 models. The ATV is powered by a light and powerful 249cc, air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke single cylinder engine mated on a five-speed gearbox.
To keep you safe from bumps and potholes, the Yamaha Raptor 250 features a rigid and light swingarm rear end organized by a shock with adaptable preload and 7.9 inches of wheel travel. Furthermore, the front axle is kept in check by an independent double-wishbone suspension with five-way preload-adjustable shocks. The Yamaha Raptor 250’s braking system is handled by triple hydraulic disc brakes which deliver a proper stopping power even in wet conditions.
Like its other two siblings, the 2013 Yamaha Raptor 250 is fitted with dual 30-watt multireflector Krypton headlights, a 2.4-gallon fuel tank, 45mm footpegs and standard electric starting.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Yamaha Raptor 250.
- Aggressive Raptor style and stance gives maximum performance and excellent, all-day sport-riding ergonomics.
- Class-exclusive five-speed manual transmission has a gear for almost any terrain.
- Torquey, durable air-cooled engine puts out plenty of power and starts with the push of a button.
- Low-profile 19-inch rear tires boast outstanding traction and performance.
- Longest suspension travel and lowest seat in its class for true sport handling.
- Lightest weight in its class provides amazingly nimble handling and a great power-to-weight ratio.
- Light and powerful 249cc, air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke single produces a broad, deep powerband.
- Five-speed gearbox with manual clutch provides the flexibility to tackle pretty much any track or trail.
- Mikuni® 29mm carburetor provides light throttle pull and excellent throttle response across the entire rpm range.
- Electric starting is standard equipment and works in any gear.
- DC-CDI ignition system delivers consistent spark at all rpm levels—for quick throttle response and a smooth, broad powerband.
- Ceramic-composite cylinder liner allows for greatly reduced wear and excellent heat dissipation.
- Oil cooler keeps engine temps down and lubrication up in hot conditions.
- Airbox features no-tools air filter access.
- Three-chamber muffler is light, quiet and boosts low- and midrange performance.
- Light, strong, short-wheelbase chassis creates a quick, super-responsive high-performance package.
- Low, 28.7-inch seat height enhances rider comfort and allows optimal rider movement.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension with five-way preload-adjustable shocks gives 7.5 inches of wheel travel.
- Rigid and light swingarm rear end is controlled by a shock with adjustable preload and 7.9 inches of wheel travel, for rider comfort.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for excellent suspension performance, acceleration, deceleration and handling.
- Triple hydraulic disc brakes deliver excellent stopping power even in wet conditions.
- Extra-wide, 45mm footpegs provide excellent grip and rider comfort.
- Easy-to-use, flip-type handlebar-mounted parking brake can be set with one hand.
- Low profile Dunlop® tires deliver outstanding traction for razor sharp handling in a variety of terrain.
- Easy-adjust eccentric chain adjustment feature means hassle-free chain maintenance.
- Flat, composite skidplates provide maximum underbelly protection.
- Rugged steel grab bars front and rear help fend off debris and damage.
- Dual 30-watt multireflector Krypton headlights add the perfect menacing appearance. Taillight has an incorporated brake light for added convenience.
- Waterproof electrical connectors provide outstanding durability and reliability.
- Easy-access grease fittings on all chassis lubrication points simplify maintenance and help extend the life of the Raptor 250.
- Bodywork comes off without the need to disassemble electrical parts, airbox or wiring harness—for easy maintenance.
- A 2.4-gallon fuel tank means less filling up and longer, more enjoyable rides.
|Engine Type||249cc air/oil-cooled 4-stroke; SOHC, 2 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||74.0 x 58.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® 29mm BSR|
|Transmission||5-speed; wet multiplate clutch|
|Drive Train||2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric adjustment|
|Suspension / Front||Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload-adjustable shocks, 7.5-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Swingarm, preload-adjustable, 7.9-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc|
|Tires / Front||Dunlop® AT20 x 7-10|
|Tires / Rear||Dunlop® AT19 x 10-9|
|L x W x H||64.0 x 42.1 x 40.9 in|
|Seat Height||28.7 in|
|Ground Clearance||3.9 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.4 gal|
|Wet Weight||330 lb|
|Lighting Dual||30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 21/5W brakelight|
|Warranty||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)|