The Yamaha Raptor 700R SE received a redesigned style and a set of technical upgrades for 2013.
One of the most important features offered for 2013 are the new piggyback shock which play a major role in keeping the ride comfortable.
The bike also features a modern steel and aluminum chassis with a detachable subframe which gives a better torsional rigidity.
The Yamaha Raptor 700R SE is propelled by a lightweight 686cc four stroke SOHC engine which is combined with a five speed transmission. The bike also features Yamaha ‘s Fuel Injection system which keeps the engine performance high in a wide range of conditions, elevations and temperatures.
The stopping power is assured by new twin piston rear brake calipers and the twin aluminum-piston front disc brakes.
As far styling goes, the 2013 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE comes with black and red graphics package, along with dealer-installed GYTR front grab bar and heel guards.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE.
New for 2013
- New aggressive styling enhances the Raptor 700R SE’s menacing looks.
- Front and rear piggyback shocks offer full adjustability and optimal bump absorbing performance.
- An adjustable front brake lever enables precise tuning for the rider’s personal preference.
- New Maxxis® tires deliver class leading traction.
- The Raptor 700R SE comes complete with a custom graphic scheme, GYTR grab and heel guards – all for less than last year’s model.
- Twin piston rear brake caliper is added for excellent stopping power.
- The Raptor 700R SE is proudly assembled in the U.S.A., alongside Yamaha’s 4x4 and Side x Side utility vehicles.
- Powered by our most potent big-bore Raptor engine ever – 686cc of liquid cooled, fuel-injected power. The engine produces big torque right off idle, transitioning into a fat mid-range and monstrous top-end while the body sports an awesome Black Gold color graphic that makes this machine look as good as it performs.
- New aggressive styling makes the Raptor 700R SE look as menacing as it really is and with added features like a GYTR® front grab bar and heel guards. The mighty Raptor 700R SE is ready to go whether the destination is the dunes, the trails or the track.
- Big power and lightweight, a combination that makes any ATV rider take notice, is standard on the Raptor 700R SE, with a hybrid steel aluminum frame and Controlled-Fill aluminum sub-frame and cast aluminum swingarm combining to produce a superstrong structure and the lightest ATV in its class.
- A thick comfortable seat, adjustable suspension with sport-tuned piggyback shocks provide excellent comfort while the dual counterbalancers, electric starting, and reverse keep things nice and civilized when needed, but when it comes time to pull the trigger the big-bore Raptor 700R SE stands tall.
- The YFZ inspired handling of the Raptor 700R SE is incredible to experience blasting through the woods. Thanks to the 9.1 inches of front travel and 10.1 inches out back, the trail bumps smooth out while the rider keeps things under control. With the combination of power, solid handling, and a great suspension this machine has to be experienced to be fully appreciated.
- Forged lightweight piston, connecting rod and crankshaft in the 686cc engine are light and strong, for a hard-hitting, quick-revving powerplant that revs all the way to 9000 rpm. Dual counterbalancers keep it smooth.
- Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) means consistently excellent engine performance in a wide range of conditions, elevations and temperatures.
- Competition-spec dry-sump lubrication system boosts usable horsepower and keeps overall engine size more compact.
- Digital TCI w/16-bit electronic control unit controls fuel injection and ignition systems for consistent performance and fantastic throttle response.
- Reliable pushbutton electric start in any gear adds extra convenience.
- Race-bred five-speed transmission with reverse, along with Raptor 700R’s monstrous powerband, means there’s a choice of gears in just about all situations.
- YZ-spec ratchet shifter ensures smooth, resistance-free shifting under power. Heavy-duty clutch features extra-sturdy basket and plates designed to harness the Raptor 700R’s power.
- Easy-to-reach oil filter and tool-free air filter provide added convenience.
- State-of-the-art chassis combines a steel front section with an aluminum rear section and detachable subframe to create a super-strong structure.
- Piggyback shocks provide excellent sport-riding comfort, with high- and low-speed compression adjustability, rebound and preload adjustability, and 9.1-inch travel.
- YZ-style piggyback rear shock gives 10.1-inch wheel travel with high- and low-speed compression adjustability for maximum sport versatility, along with preload and rebound adjustment.
- Front brake master cylinder features an adjustable lever for increased comfort and feel.
- New twin piston rear brake caliper is added for excellent stopping power on the trail or in the dunes.
- Twin aluminum-piston front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power. Discs are drilled, which helps reduce unsprung weight for excellent suspension compliance.
- Cast aluminum swingarm carries an eccentric quick-adjust drive chain mechanism that takes most of the work out of that task.
- Handlebar-mounted flip-type parking brake lever.
- High-performance 21x7-10 front and 20x10-9 rear Maxxis® tires with a specially designed tread pattern deliver superb, class-leading traction for razor-sharp handling in a variety of terrain and conditions.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels help enhance suspension performance by reducing unsprung weight.
- Race-inspired 45mm serrated foot pegs provide excellent boot traction.
- Special Edition gets a black with red graphics package, along with dealer-installed GYTR front grab bar and heel guards.
- Inner rolled wheels reduce weight while maintaining strength.
- Long seat allows maximum rider comfort and movement with superb sport-riding ergonomics.
- Multireflector 30-watt Krypton headlights set back in the front cowl add the perfect no-compromises sporting accent, and an LED taillight provides great visibility.
- Large-capacity, 2.9-gallon fuel tank and Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) mean more time on the trail between fill-ups.
- Thumb throttle lever has a smooth shape for a feel riders will appreciate, with less fatigue at the end of the day.
|Engine Type||686cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||102.0mm x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 44mm|
|Transmission||5-speed w/reverse; wet multiplate clutch|
|Drive Train||2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric adjustment|
|Suspension / Front||Independent double wishbone w/piggy back High-/Lo-speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment, 9.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Cast aluminum swing arm w/rebound, High-/Lo-speed compression and threaded preload adjustment, 10.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Brakes / Rear||Ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Tires / Front||AT21x7-10|
|Tires / Rear||AT20x10-9|
|L x W x H||72.6 x 45.5 x 43.9 in|
|Seat Height||32.7 in|
|Ground Clearance||4.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.9 gal|
|Wet Weight||422 lb|
|Lighting Dual||30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 3.9/0.5W LED brakelight|
|Warranty||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)|