The Yamaha Raptor 90 is one of the Japanese bike maker’s offerings in the entry-level ATV market. But even if it doesn’t have the power of its higher-profile brethren, the Raptor 90 still doesn’t hold anything back when it comes to pure, unbridled performance.
The Raptor 90 comes in a number of appealing color options, including an exclusive White version that also gets a number of graphics choices that young riders will be pretty fond of. The color options play an important role in giving the Raptor 90 a sporty and aggressive profile that only adds to the aesthetic fascination a lot of riders with the ATV.
Backstopping these aesthetic credentials is a palatable 88cc SOHC 2-valve engine that produces low-to-mid rpm range performance. The engine is then mated to a fully automatic CVT transmission while a dual A-arm front suspension, a rear disc brake, low-profile tires, and other great features, complete the make-up of the Raptor 90 and espouses all the characteristics that has turned this ATV into one unforgettable vehicle.
Speaking of the dual A-arm front suspension, the set-up carries 4.4" of travel, providing more sporty riding comfort for the ATV. Then there’s the hydraulic disc brake with a drilled rotor in the back and dual sealed drums in the front. These tools are all the more important especially for an ATV that carries the performance credentials of the Raptor 90.
Find out more about the Yamaha Raptor 90 after the jump.
- The Raptor 90 has the features to deliver more fun than ever before, with a 88cc SOHC 2-valve engine tuned to develop excellent low-to-mid rpm range performance. It also has features surprising in this class and price range, like a fully automatic CVT transmission, dual A-arm front suspension, rear disc brake, low-profile tires, and styling unmistakably inspired by the mighty Raptor 700R.
- Dual A-arm front suspension has 4.4-inches of travel for sporty-riding comfort, while adding to the Raptor 90’s big-ATV look. Shocks have 5-way preload adjustment to accommodate a variety of riders and terrain. The rear swingarm, also 5-way preload adjustable, offers 3.3-inches of travel.
- For sporty looks and handling, Raptor 90 uses low-profile Maxxis® tires. For riding comfort, there are aggressive-looking full floorboards.
- For strong, reliable stopping power, there’s a hydraulic disc brake with a drilled rotor in the back, and dual sealed drums in the front.
- Restricting power output for learning riders is exceptionally convenient; there’s a simple plug-in for the CDI unit.
- Available in an exclusive White version with two graphics choices young riders will love.
- The go-getter 88cc, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve engine is tuned to develop excellent low-to-mid-range performance, just where it’s needed. Engine is force-air cooled for performance and long engine life, and it uses simple, reliable wet-sump lubrication.
- Easy-to-operate electric starting comes standard, of course, and an emergency kick starter is also provided in a storage spot under the seat for more peace of mind.
- Constantly variable transmission (CVT) means no shifting. Handy for all riders, it’s a feature entry-level riders particularly appreciate.
- Engine power is transferred to the rear wheels via a tried-and-true chain drive.
- Dual A-arm front suspension has 4.4-inches of travel for sporty-riding comfort, while helping to give the front end the look of a big Raptor. Shocks have 5-way preload adjustment to accommodate a variety of riders and terrain. The rear swingarm, also 5-way preload adjustable, offers 3.3-inches of travel to enhance riding comfort and traction.
- Raptor 90 is designed to be comfortable for a wide variety of riders. With its roomy ergonomics, growing riders 12 and older won’t outgrow the machine before they’re ready for more displacement when they’re older.
- Maxxis® low-profile tires, AT18 x 7-8 front and AT18 x 9-8 rear, give Raptor 90 sporty looks and sporty handling. For riding convenience, there are aggressive-looking full floorboards.
- For strong, reliable stopping power, there’s a hydraulic disc brake in the back with a drilled rotor that’s protected against rocks and other obstacles by a beefy guard. Up front, there are dual sealed drums. There’s a handlebar-mounted parking brake, too.
- The DC-CDI digital ignition timing control system means reliable performance, with a strong, efficient spark.
- Battery and other electrical components are conveniently and centrally located for service. Waterproof connectors add to the overall reliability.
|Engine Type||88cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled single; SOHC, 2-valve|
|Bore x Stroke||47.0mm x 51.0mm|
|Starting System||Electric, kick start backup|
|Suspension / Front||Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 4.4-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Swingarm; 5-way preload adjustment, 3.3-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual sealed drum|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc|
|Tires / Front||Maxxis® AT18 x 7-8; steel wheels|
|Tires / Rear||Maxxis® AT18 x 9-8; steel wheels|
|L x W x H||58.7 x 34.8 x 35.8 in|
|Seat Height||25.7 in|
|Turning Radius||114 in|
|Ground Clearance||3.9 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.3 gal|
|Wet Weight||264 lb|
|Warranty||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)|