The Yamaha V-Star 1300 is a mid-sized cruiser that offers a tasty mix between comfort, power and style. It is powered by a 1,304cc liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-twin engine, which offers a generous amount of power and torque. As long as fuel efficiency is concerned the Yamaha V-Star 1300 rewards you with an estimated fuel consumption of 42 mpg which means that you can ride over 200 miles until your tank remains empty.
It is also worthy of being mentioned that the steel chassis gets 48 percent of the bike’s weight on the front tire, thus significantly improving the handling and maneuverability.
As far as suspensions are concerned, the braced steel swingarm and rear wheel are combined with a single linkage-mounted shock absorber, adjustable for spring preload, while up front you’ll find 41mm fork tubes with stainless steel covers.
The motorcycle is available at a starting price of $11,190.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Yamaha V-Star 1300.
Powered by a sporty 1304cc fuel injected, liquid cooled V-Twin engine; the V-Star 1300 boasts class leading performance, handling and comfort. Easy to ride and easy to touch the ground, we finished off this midsize cruiser with a little steamlined style and plenty of Star quality and durability.
Yamaha has taken the traditional cruiser into a bold new territory with the eye catching V-Star 1300. Traditional yet modern, classic yet avant-garde. From the throaty exhaust note to the pulse feel of the fuel injected V-twin engine, the V-Star 1300 offers something we call "sensual performance". The perfect blend of soul stirring power, handling and comfort highlights the Man-Machine relationship which is so important to owner satisfaction.
Not too big and not too small but with a personality all its own. That’s the 2013 Yamaha V-Star 1300 with its belt drive, powerful 80 cubic inch V-Twin, steel fenders and flangeless fuel tank. Star quality from stem to stern and the looks to turn heads all in a package that is designed to navigate the urban maze in style.
- 1304cc (80 cubic inch), liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 8-valves, 60° V-twin powerplant pumps out incredible amounts of class leading power and torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance.
- Electric starting system features a mechanical centrifugal decompression device in the exhaust camshafts for easy, no-hassle starting.
- Liquid-cooling not only allows for higher state of tune because it maintains more stable operating temperatures, but also reduces mechanical noise for a quieter engine.
- In an effort to maintain the classic air-cooled appearance of the engine, cooling fins have been added as a styling touch and the rad is "hidden" between the frame down tubes.
- The short stroke engine design reduces the "height" of the engine, while the 60 degree "V" makes the engine more compact thereby centralizing mass and lowering the center of gravity for lighter more responsive handling.
- Classic V-twin "pulse feeling" and engine character highlight this powerplant while annoying vibration has been eliminated.
- One-piece cylinder heads feature 4-valves per cylinder to provide optimum breathing efficiency for maximum power output. Each head is fitted with a single long reach spark plug.
- Stylish chromed cylinder head covers.
- The SOHC valve train features 36mm intake and 32mm exhaust valves with single springs for great power and torque. Valves angles are set at 20 degrees from centre. Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves. The rocker system allows a greater amount of valve lift without producing excessive camshaft wear and friction. The slipper portion of the rocker arm features a needle bearing to further reduce wear and slide resistance. The camshafts have been specially designed for use with roller rockers.
- Optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion and hence improved power and cleaner emissions.
- The radiator is mounted between the front frame down tubes to minimize its appearance especially when viewing the machine from the side. Even the rad hoses have been discreetely placed for a cleaner appearance. An electric fan aids in cooling in stop and go traffic. Special cooling louvers direct air to the rad.
- Automatic hydraulic cam chain tensioners reduces mechanical noise and maintenance time.
- Ceramic composite-plated cylinders reduce weight reduce friction, increase cylinder life and provide uniform heat dissipation. The cylinders have a tapered "V" appearance to highlight the V-twin design. Cylinder bore is 100mm.
- Forged pistons offer great durability and reduced weight for faster engine response.
- Crankshaft features a single crank pin design. This specially designed crank helps to enhance the pulse feeling and engine character.
- Forged connecting rods ride on a single crank pin for that true V-twin sound and feel.
- Single axis, left and right dual engine counter balancers reduce vibration to a minimum while maximizing rider comfort.
- Crankcase design features internal oil and coolant lines for a clean, air-cooled engine appearance. There are special piston coolers that spray oil at the under side of the pistons.
- Easy access, spin on type oil filter is located under the engine. There is no need to remove any parts to access the oil filter.
- Classic side mounted 3.7 liter air box houses a high-flow viscous paper-type filter and adds that special styling touch too.
- Mikuni dual bore, 40mm throttle body fuel injection system with TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and ISC (Idle Speed Control). This is a "closed loop" system that utilizes an oxygen sensor. The oxygen sensor feeds back info to the ECU which in turn adjusts the fuel/air mixture for maximum power with minimum emissions. The oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of slip-ons will not affect this system. Each injector features 12 holes and a dual spray pattern for better fuel atomization and more complete combustion chamber filling. There is one injector per cylinder. Fuel injection benefits include improved fuel economy, chokeless operation, reduced emissions, and smoother running.
- High pressure electric fuel pump is located in a separate sub fuel tank below the seat.
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
- 2 into 1 exhaust system features a 3-way honeycomb catalyzier at the entry point to the muffler. The catalyzier reduces harmful exhaust emissions, while the muffler produces a throaty V-Twin growl. The rear portion of the muffler features a "slash cut" end
- Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds. The engine is spinning at 3,400 rpm at 110 km/hr.
- Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low maintenance and simplifies customization. The belt is unique to the XVS1300 and features carbon cords for strength.
- The 7-spoke rear pulley has been styled to match the cast wheels.
- Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful exhaust emissions (CO & HC).
- One piece classic heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience.
Chassis and Suspension
- Double cradle steel frame offers roomy ergonomics, a low seat height and great handling. This frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system to optimize the overall rigidity balance for superior handling. The rake is 32 degrees, while the lean angle is a sporty 36 degrees.
- Steel swingarm matches the frame and provides superior performance in a wide variety of conditions, while also making a bold styling statement.
- Long 1,690mm (66.5") wheelbase creates a long, low retro profile and stable handling. This chassis offers a 48% / 52 % front to rear weight distribution.
- The long low design means spacious ergonomics with lots of leg room, which maximizes both rider and passenger comfort.
- 41mm KYB front fork features stylish large-diameter brushed-finished fork covers. Wheel travel is 130mm (5.1") for a smooth, comfortable ride.
- Monocross style, spring preload-adjustable, single-shock, link rear suspension centralizes mass for agile handling. The linkage system provides a rising rate effect that provides excellent compliance on both small and large bumps. There are 9 positions of spring preload adjustability to suit rider preference.
- Rear shock is vertically mounted behind the engine and is tucked out of sight for that classic, hardtail look. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3").
- Dual 298 mm, floating front discs are squeezed by compact twin piston front calipers.
- 298 mm rear disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper mounted to the underside of the swingarm. This design not only helps to hide the caliper but also lowers the center of gravity for excellent handling.
- Lightweight 7-spoke cast aluminum wheels are fitted wide tubeless tires. The "mag" style wheels are both easy to clean and never require maintaince. The rear drive pulley matches the rear wheel design.
- Full-size, "tapered" floating-type rider floorboards are roomy and comfortably positioned while also helping to reduce vibration. There is a replaceable "scraper" area on the lower edge of the footboard.
- 1 inch, rubber mounted handlebars are easy to reach and help to reduce vibration as well.
- Front and rear fenders are steel for easy customization and painting if desired.
- 18.5 liter teardrop shaped fuel tank with flush mounted filler cap. Fuel tank seam is hidden for that clean, custom look. Reserve portion is 4.5 litres.
- Generous rider and passenger seats offer plenty of room and support for all day riding comfort. Seat height is only 690mm or 27.2 inches off the ground.
- Handlebar-mounted chromed instrument features a stylish design. Readouts include: analog speedometer, digital odometer, dual tripmeters, low fuel tripmeter, clock and low fuel warning light. Stylish red background illumination.
- Handlebar switch gear allows the operator to change instrument functions via buttons on the back of the RHS handlebar switch, thereby eliminating the need to remove hands from the bars to adjust the main instrument functions.
- 60/55 watt high intensity halogen headlight emphasizes the "wild streamline", mass forward styling design. The chromed headlight body is adjustable up and down plus left and right via remote adjusters. There are also two 35 watt accessory light connectors inside the headlight shell for accessory passing lamps.
- Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- 3D fuel tank emblems enhance quality and attention to detail.
- Extra wide front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
- Steering lock is integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Handy, under seat helmet holder
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
- Self-cancelling turn signals feature stylish clear lenses.
- High output 460 watt generator
- Chromed belt cover
|US MSRP Price||$11,190|
|Engine Type||80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 mm x 83.0 mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel injection|
|Ignition TCI||Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||41mm Telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 4.3-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Tires / Front||130/90-16M/C 67H|
|Tires / Rear||170/70B-16M/C 75H|
|Seat Height||27.2 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.9 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||42 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||668 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
**Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo, and operator/passenger weight.
***Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel.