- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 21 @ 8000
- Torque @ RPM:
- 15 @ 6000
- 249 L
With its sleek stance and the lively engine, the Yamaha V-Star 250 is a versatile motorcycle built for those who are searching for practicality, comfort and fun.
Yamaha’s engineers have spent a lot of time to develop a perfect riding position for the V-Star 250, thereby the motorcycle is equipped with a spacious saddle placed 27" off the ground, an ergonomically designed handlebar and a non-intrusive fuel tank.
You also get a set of dual exhausts, plenty of quality chrome and a massive, shiny headlight.
The 2013 Yamaha V-Star 250 is propelled by a 249cc, air-cooled, 60°, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, V-twin engine designed for strong low- and mid-range pulling power.
The engine is brought to life by an electric starter and is paired with a single 26mm Mikuni downdraft carburetor. Its power is sent to the ground through a smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Yamaha V-Star 250.
There are a whole bunch of reasons to checkout the 2013 Yamaha V-Star 250, but the most intriguing is it’s authenic V-Twin engine, which means that you are getting full sized rumble and styling in an easy to ride, lightweight bike.
Plenty of torque, smooth roll on power, lightweight and a seat just 27 inches from the pavement make the 2013 Yamaha V-Star 250 super nimble and maneuverable and the perfect STAR to get STARted on.
For years, the V-Star 250 has been touted as one of the finest entry bikes around.
And for good reason. With an authentic V-twin engine, the V-Star 250 will give you the grunt and growl that you don’t often find in the lightweight class. It’s also got a low 685mm (27") seat height for added confidence, perfect for novice riders. One ride and you’ll see why so many entry riders have chosen this nimble, confidence-inspiring cruiser. Heavyweight styling. Lightweight packaging.
- 249cc, air-cooled, 60°, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, V-twin engine is the real McCoy!
- Long-stroke (49 x 66mm) powerplant is designed for strong low- and mid-range pulling power.
- Narrow, 60° V-twin provides that ’classic’ cruiser engine styling.
- Convenient electric starting is standard.
- Single 26mm Mikuni downdraft carburetor with accelerator pump provides crisp throttle response.
- Transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) ensures fast starts and maximum engine performance. This system is maintenance-free.
- Automatic cam chain tensioners keep maintenance to a minimum and reduce mechanical engine noise.
- Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission provides versatile performance. Clutch lever pull is very light and novice friendly.
- Washable, foam air filter reduces tune-up costs.
- Dual "shorty" mufflers highlight that classic "American" motorcycle look.
Chassis and Suspension
- Rugged, high-tensile steel, double-cradle frame creates a stylish profile and low seat height.
- Box-section swingarm with 5-way spring preload adjustable dual rear shocks provide a comfortable ride and reinforce that cruiser image. Rear wheel travel is 100mm (3.9").
- 33mm front fork provides 140mm (5.5") of smooth, comfortable wheel travel.
- 282mm drilled front disc brake uses a twin-piston caliper for excellent stopping power.
- Easy to adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator provides good stopping power.
- Premium two-piece rider and passenger seats reinforce that cruiser appearance. Rear passenger section can be removed leaving only rider accommodation, if desired.
- Wide 130/90-15 rear tire accentuates the low, lean appearance and classic cruiser styling.
- Spoked, chrome wheels fitted with a narrow front and wide 130 series rear tire emphasize the traditional custom look.
- The V-Star’s full size emphasizes that this is not a toy. This is one sharp-looking, value-packed 250!
- Full-size, 1,488mm (58.6") wheelbase ensures maximum stability and a comfortable, roomy ride.
- Low seat height of only 685mm (27") and a wet weight of 147kg (323.4 lbs) combine to make the XV250 very easy to ride, even for the most inexperienced riders.
- New handlebar design features a flat bar with beautifully chromed risers. This new handlebar not only improves the riding position and rider comfort but also makes a serious styling statement too.
- Instrumentation includes a centrally located speedo with tripmeter and a full range of indicator lights.
- Chromed, 60/55-watt, Xenon headlight
- Lots of chrome detailing
- Locking gas cap
- Forward-mounted footpegs mean a relaxed, laid-back riding position.
- Handlebar-mounted choke lever for easy access
-*Flexible turn signals
- Steering lock
- Helmet lock
- Push-to-cancel turn signals
- Convenient oil level sight glass
|US MSRP Price||4,290 (Deep Blue)|
|Engine Type||15-cubic-inch (249cc) air-cooled, SOHC 60-degree V-twin, 2 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||49 x 66mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni 26mm|
|Ignition TCI||Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||33mm fork; 5.5-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Dual shocks; adjustable preload, 3.9-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic disc, 282mm|
|Brakes / Rear||130mm drum|
|Tires / Front||3.00-18|
|Tires / Rear||130/90-15|
|Seat Height||27.0 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.4 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||78 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||326 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
**Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo, and operator/passenger weight.
***Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel.