- liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 5 titanium valves
- Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Keihin® FCR 37
- 250 cc
With its agile character and the powerful engine, the 2013 Yamaha WR250F is ready to tackle even the harshest terrains with poise.
The bikes’ 250cc liquid-cooled, DOHC four-stroke engine features five titanium valves and is complemented with the special WR camshafts, carburetion, exhaust and ignition systems. All these facts are translated into first class power delivery and performance.
But power without control is useless, thereby the motorcycle is packed with a set of sporty suspensions which are perfectly suited for off road use. The motorcycle’s backbone is the YZ-inspired aluminum frame which retains Yamaha’s legendary handling and response. In addition, the KYB shock brings 12.2 inches of travel while the wave-style disc brake rotors front and rear reduce unsprung weight and bring excellent performance.
As far as style goes, the WR250F is offered with a YZ-derived bodywork and a thick seat with a tapered aluminum handlebar.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Yamaha WR250F.
- YZ-bred advanced aluminum frame—carefully engineered from castings, forgings and extrusions—enhances handling while retaining legendary Yamaha feel and characteristics.
- Highly evolved high-revving five-titanium-valved engine starts with the push of a button.
- Cool digital enduro computer offers speedometer, clock, tripmeter, etc., in basic mode—or pace management functions such as timer, distance-compensating tripmeter, average speed, etc., when switched to race mode.
- The WR250F is green sticker approved for California.
- 250cc liquid-cooled, DOHC four-stroke with five titanium valves delivers excellent low- and midrange power, with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
- Special WR camshafts, carburetion, and exhaust and ignition systems work together to produce a quick-revving engine with great low- and midrange power.
- 37mm Keihin® FCR flat-slide carburetor provides ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and lightning-quick throttle response.
- Close-ratio five-speed gearbox tackles almost any terrain.
- No-tools airbox uses hinge-type quick-open lid. Battery rides low for excellent handling.
- Digital CDI delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for fast, strong response during hard acceleration.
- Large-capacity radiators with reinforcements ensure maximum cooling efficiency with great strength.
- Lightweight exhaust system maximizes engine power and allows hassle-free replacement of oil filter.
- Aluminum muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor looks trick and keeps things light.
- Works-style clutch lever features oversize barrel adjuster for easy, on-the-fly adjustability of lever/cable play.
- Electric start makes for easy restarts.
- YZ-inspired aluminum frame reduces weight while optimizing mass centralization. An extensively tested assembly of aluminum forgings, castings and extrusions, the WR frame retains legendary Yamaha handling and response.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe constructed of square-section tube for reduced weight.
- Fully adjustable air/oil-separate 48mm fork tubes deliver precise, fade-free handling; fork protectors provide excellent tube protection.
- Tapered swingarm uses YZ-style linkage for controlled, compliant rear suspension action. Axle and holders reduce weight in a critical area.
- The KYB® shock provides 12.2 inches of travel with adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, rebound and spring preload—and features a larger piggyback reservoir for excellent damping and fade resistance.
- Wave-style disc brake rotors front and rear reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
- Lightweight 21-inch front and 18-inch rear rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer unbeatable, competition-spec traction and excellent wear.
- Cool YZ-derived bodywork and a thick seat look great and feel excellent on long rides. Tapered aluminum handlebar in forged triple clamp shaves weight and increases comfort.
- Wide foot pegs for great comfort.
- Slim-design, lightweight fuel tank holds 2.1 gallons.
- One-piece, high-strength, plastic skidplate shaves weight and offers great protection.
- Lightweight, 35-watt headlight and sweet LED taillight maximize visibility and draw less current.
- Adjustable front brake lever.
- Repackable aluminum muffler shaves weight.
- Front wheel collar makes front wheel removal quick and easy.
|Engine Type||250cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 5 titanium valves|
|Bore x Stroke||77.0mm x 53.6mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Keihin® FCR 37|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Final Drive||Chain Drive|
|Suspension / Front||Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm|
|Tires / Front||80/100-21-51M|
|Tires / Rear||100/100-18-59M|
|Seat Height||38.6 in|
|Ground Clearance||14.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.1 gal|
|Wet Weight***||254 lbs|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|