The dual sport character of the Yamaha XT250 has conquered a lot of fans. To keep its fans loyal, Yamaha came up with a series of small upgrades for the 2013 model year. The biggest change is represented by the new fuel injection system which replaces the earlier model’s 33mm Teikei carburetor. Yamaha claims that thanks to the new fuel injection system the bike offers an improved fuel economy of 76 mpg - a 3 mph improvement when compared to the old 73 mpg rating.
The bike is propelled by a 249cc air-cooled SOHC engine married to a five speed transmission. The engine remained unchanged, but it received a larger gas tank to improve the bike’s range (2.6 gallons versus 2.4 gallons on last year’s model). Another important modification was the replacement of the old CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition) ignition system with a new TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition) technology.
The suspensions remained unchanged and the bike continues to sit on a 35mm telescopic fork with 8.9-inches of travel and a swingarm with rebound-adjustable monoshock with 7.1-inches of travel.
As far as breaking power goes, the 2013 Yamaha XT250 is equipped with 245mm front and 203mm rear disc brakes.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha XT250
- The XT250 now has fuel injection for smooth throttle response and easy starting in nearly all conditions.
- Long-travel suspension and more than 11.2 inches of ground clearance live under a seat only 31.9 inches from the ground.
- For 2013, the XT250 has fuel injection for smooth throttle response and easy starting in nearly all conditions.
- Electric start makes firing up the 249cc four-stroke effortless. 245mm front disc and 203mm rear disc brakes combine to deliver superb stopping power on both paved and unpaved surfaces.
- 249cc air-cooled four-stroke with 9.5:1 compression makes maximum power at 7500 rpm and maximum torque at 6500 rpm for great on- and off-road performance.
- A light-and-strong forged piston inside a plated cylinder helps dissipate heat more efficiently, increasing both performance and durability.
- A light crankshaft helps provide quick responsive power. Wide-ratio five-speed transmission for maximum power and performance in a wide range of terrain and conditions.
- Straighter intake tract for improved performance.
- Hassle-free pushbutton electric starting adds extra convenience and reliability. Engine is mounted high in the frame to provide an incredible 11.2 inches of ground clearance.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
Chassis and Suspension
- A semi-double-cradle steel frame achieves a lighter, nimbler feel through greater mass centralization. Greater lateral and torsional rigidity and reduced weight of the lower frame parts help produce light, stable handling.
- The front fork has 8.9 inches of travel to soak up the rough stuff, both on-road and off. An aluminum lower triple clamp keeps the weight down.
- Maximum turning angle of the handlebar is 51 degrees—almost like a trials machine. Combined with a short wheelbase of only 53.5 inches, the XT250 has a super-tight turning radius for excellent maneuverability.
- A rear shock provides 7.1 inches of wheel travel through a progressive, Monocross®-style linkage system for a smooth ride.
- 21-inch front and 18-inch rear aluminum wheels are extremely durable and reduce unsprung weight for enhanced suspension performance and handling.
- 245mm front disc and 203mm rear disc brakes combine to deliver superb stopping power on both paved and unpaved surfaces.
- 11.2 inches of ground clearance means you’ve got serious off-road capability.
- Multifunction digital LCD instrument panel with cool green background lighting is easily visible day or night. It also removes a lot of weight from the handlebar for light, precise handling.
- The stylish gas tank holds a full 2.6 gallons for long-range riding. Long, thick seat creates a balanced riding position for optimal rider movement and comfort.
- Durable and wide front fender is designed to keep mud and dirt off the rider when exploring off-road.
- Frame-mounted passenger footpegs provide two-up riding capability.
- Enduro-style, 60/55-watt halogen headlight features a cool 133mm lens for excellent visibility at night.
- Flex-mounted turn indicators offer great durability against breakage.
- Retractable brake and shift pedals deal with tough trail obstacles.
- Durable fork boots help prevent rocks and debris from damaging fork sliders.
- Standard dual rearview mirrors.
- A spark arrestor makes the XT trail ready.
- Dependable, low-maintenance battery.
|Engine Type||249cc air-cooled, SOHC 4-stroke single|
|Bore x Stroke||74.0 x 58.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiple-disc wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||35mm telescopic fork; 8.9-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Swingarm w/rebound-adjustable single shock; 7.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||245mm disc|
|Brakes / Rear||203mm disc|
|Tires / Front||2.75-21|
|Tires / Rear||120/80-18|
|Seat Height||31.9 in|
|Ground Clearance||11.2 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.6 gal|
|Wet Weight***||291 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|