- liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Keihin® PWK38S
- 249 cc
All dirt bikes have a special aura which makes them slightly different than the rest of their siblings. One of their secrets is their perfect balance between comfort, practicality and performance, three ingredients that will always guarantee a fun riding experience.
One of the best bikes in this class is the Yamaha YZ250, designed to make you adrenaline levels explode every time you jump on the saddle.
The YZ250 is powered by a 249cc liquid-cooled reed-valve-inducted two-stroke engine which features special-design carbon fiber reed-valve petals for a sharper throttle response. The engine is mated on a five-speed, close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch. You can bring the bike to halt with the help of the front-brake caliper and wave-style front and rear discs.
The YZ250’s backbone is an advanced, lightweight aluminum frame which offers superior handling abilities. To reduce weight even more the removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha YZ250
- A light aluminum frame housing a patented YPVS® Power valve-equipped ripper of an engine results in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- The YZ250 is ready to race out of the crate, complete with an aluminum handlebar, titanium foot pegs, gripper seat, and Excel® rims.
- Ultra lightweight means nimble handling with less fatigue.
- 249cc liquid-cooled reed-valve-inducted two-stroke engine is lightweight, compact and features an incredibly wide, hard-hitting powerband.
- Patented YPVS® power-valve system combines crisp, hard-hitting, bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
- Special-design carbon fiber reed-valve petals improve throttle response and engine performance across the entire rpm range.
- Smooth-shifting, five-speed, close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch. Primary kickstarter ensures smooth, easy starting action and reduced weight.
- Large-capacity radiator features a ten-row core with four louvers for maximum cooling efficiency.
- 38mm Keihin® PWK carburetor with power jet and throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures precise fuel/air mixing and extra-crisp throttle response throughout the powerband.
- Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
- YZ250F-style front-brake caliper and wave-style front and rear discs minimize unsprung weight and provide excellent stopping power.
- The KYB® 48mm forks feature the Speed-Sensitive System that uses piston speed to control damping force for super-precise handling and a smooth ride.
- A carefully engineered, advanced aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ250 the best handling in the 250 class.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
- Rear, fully adjustable KYB® shock features reduced-friction Kashima coating of internals, 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high-speed and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort all add up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
- Lightweight 21-inch front and 19-inch rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension, performance and handling.
- Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place for quicker tire changes.
- Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
- Wide, cleated, folding titanium footpegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance.
- Special-design “gripper” type seat and fuel tank, forward-canted steering crown and low handlebar provide excellent movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
- Wide-diameter fuel tank cap ensures easier usage, while larger tank opening means faster, hassle-free refueling.
- A light and strong aluminum handlebar in adjustable mounts means comfort and control.
- Premium drive chain has gold-colored plates for outstanding looks.
- Use of light box-head bolts throughout the chassis eases maintenance while reducing weight and increasing performance.
- Repackable exhaust silencer.
- Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
|Engine Type||249cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted|
|Bore x Stroke||66.4 x 72.0mm|
|Compression Ratio||8.9 10.6:1|
|Fuel Delivery||Keihin® PWK38S|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Final Drive||Chain Drive|
|Suspension / Front||Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Fully adjustable single shock, 12.4-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm|
|Tires / Front||80/100-21-51M|
|Tires / Rear||110/90-19-62M|
|Seat Height||39.1 in|
|Ground Clearance||15.0 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.1 gal|
|Wet Weight***||227 lb|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|