The name “Grizzly” is enough to make you imagine how capable is Yamaha’s famous ATV, but if you still have any doubts take a closer look at what stays hidden under its skin.
For the starters the 2014 Yamaha Grizzly 450 is fitted with a strong 421cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single, SOHC engine with a displacement of 421cc. The unit needs to deal with a wet weight of 620 lb and can tow up to 1322 Lb. The engine’s power is kept in leash by Yamaha’s Ultramatic® V-Belt transmission with all-wheel engine braking.
The Yamaha Grizzly 450 is also equipped with a fully independent four-wheel suspension system that features a double-wishbone suspension front and rear delivering 6.3 inches and 7.1 inches of travel.
As far as prices are concerned, the 2014 Yamaha Grizzly 450 can be yours for no less than $7,199.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Yamaha Grizzly 450.
Mid-Class Performance Chart Topper
This mid-class bear doesn’t back down from tough chores or rugged terrain thanks to Ultramatic automatic transmission, On Command 2WD/4WD, EPS and more.
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 450 Auto. 4x4 EPS Key Features:
• Grizzly 450 Automatic 4x4 EPS has many of the same great features as big brothers Grizzly 700 and 550, including electric power steering, four-wheel independent suspension, and powered by a fuel-efficient, liquid-cooled engine.
• Yamaha Electric Power Steering provides progressive assist at slow speeds and over rough terrain while maintaining optimized rider feedback, superior comfort and terrainability.
• Ultramatic® transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and uses a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode and reverse.
• Three-position On-Command® 4WD sytem lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and a fully locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push of a button. Override button allows engine to make maximum rpm in full Diff. Lock mode.
• Fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension with WideArc™ A-arms up front and five-way preload-adjustable shocks provides maximum ground clearance for unparalleled comfort over rough terrain.
• Ground clearance of 10.8 and a composite plastic skidplate provide terrainability and undercarriage protection.
• Advanced digital instrument panel boasts a multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
• A sealed rear wet brake provides powerful, consistent stopping power with reduced maintenance.
• 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single is rugged and powerful.
• Electric Power Steering system lightens steering for superior comfort and less rider fatigue.
• Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni® carburetor and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver fantastic throttle response and engine performance at all rpm.
• Pushbutton electric start with seven-disc torque-limiting damper assembly to protect the starter motor.
• Stainless steel muffler and header design provides superior power characteristics, exhaust sound and durability.
• Left-side–mounted (Hi/Lo/N/R/P) shift lever is easily accessible.
• Large-capacity radiator provides maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in frame for optimal protection.
• Compact engine design features a 45-degree cylinder angle for maximum ground clearance and lower seat height for quick, responsive steering and agility.
• Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
• Specially designed drive system air intake helps prevent overheating and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the drive case.
• Tool-free air filter box for easy access and quick maintenance.
• Lightweight chassis features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for class-leading agility and handling.
• Light steering and a class-leading turning radius combine for increased comfort and incredible maneuverability—even in 4WD.
• Fully independent four-wheel suspension features a double-wishbone suspension front and rear delivering 6.3 inches and 7.1 inches of travel.
• Using a newly-designed multi-disc system running in gear oil, the sealed rear wet brake combines strong, consistent stopping power and greatly reduced maintenance requirements.
• Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power in a variety of conditions.
• Direct front shaft drive eliminates U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer when engaged in 4WD.
• Heavy-duty composite front carry bar and CV joint guards help prevent damage to boot covers and won’t dent or rust.
• Grizzly 700-inspired front-end styling boasts convenient water-resistant storage compartment on the front fender.
• The water-resistant DC outlet is located to the side of the multifunction instrument panel for convenient access; automotive style receptacle handles a wide range of accessories.
• Steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish feature a combined cargo capacity of 264 pounds (88 front, 176 rear).
• Available in Realtree® AP™ camouflage with a water-dipped process for durability.
• Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a built-in gauge and easy-to-reach petcock valve.
• Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat storage box provides added convenience.
• Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep rider’s feet dry and feature serrated floorboards for extra grip in wet conditions.
• Large front and rear fenders with inner guards offer excellent mud/splash protection.
• Easy-access, underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure maximum protection from the elements.
• Dual, bright multireflector 30-watt Krypton bulb headlights with high and low beams; rear brake light.
• Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
|Engine type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled single; SOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||84.5 x 75.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® 33mm BSR|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R, P|
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive|
|Suspension / Front||Independent double wishbone; 6.3-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Independent double wishbone; 7.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Brakes / Rear||Sealed oil bathed, multi disc|
|Tires / Front||AT25 x 8-12|
|Tires / Rear||AT25 x 10-12|
|L x W x H||78.5 x 43.0 x 44.1 in|
|Seat Height||33.1 in|
|Turning Radius||118 in|
|Ground Clearance||10.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.0 gal|
|Wet Weight||620 lb|
|Rack Capacity||88 lb Fr./176 lb Rr.|
|Towing Capacity||1322 lb|
|Instrumentation||Digital LCD multifunction display: speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, clock, gear position and fuel gauge|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 21W/5W brakelight|
|Warranty||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Price||$7,199 (Steel Blue, Hunter Green, Red)|
|$7,549 Realtree® AP™ HD|