If you love, wild adventures on two wheels then you’ll certainly find the 2014 Yamaha TW200 appealing. But apart from being a capable off road machinery, the Yamaha TW200 is also a pretty comfortable motorcycle for traveling though the city which makes it even more charming.
As far as power is concerned, the Yamaha TW200 is equipped with a 196cc, air-cooled, SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves engine. The unit is fed by a 1.8 gallons fuel tank and sends its power to the rear wheel through a constant-mesh 5-speed transmission with multiplate wet clutch. As far as fuel consumption is concerned, the Yamaha TW200 rewards you with an efficiency of 78 mpg.
When you are dealing with tough terrains you are also assisted by a set of long travel suspensions which consist of a front telescopic fork (6.3-in travel) and a rear single shock (5.9-in travel).
The 2014 Yamaha TW200 comes with a base price of $4,590.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha TW200.
- Those big fat tires deliver great traction and rider comfort over a wide range of terrain, and they make the TW200 the most distinctive-looking dual purpose machine around.
- A low seat and compact chassis help inspire confidence in anybody who rides the TW200, making it one of the most user friendly on/off-road bikes on the market.
- Electric start and full street equipment mean it’s super convenient to ride the TW200 just about wherever you need to go.
- Strong-pulling 196cc air-cooled, four-stroke single delivers torquey low- and mid-range power perfectly suited to off-road exploring.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission with manual clutch puts potent powerband to the ground for maximum on- and off-road performance.
- Internal engine counterbalancer keeps vibrations down for greater all-day comfort.
- Maintenance-free CDI ignition system ensures precise, reliable spark for peak engine performance at all rpm.
- Easy, reliable pushbutton electric starting.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
- 33mm telescopic front fork with 6.3 inches of travel soaks up the bumps for a plush ride.
- Lightweight box section swingarm and single rear shock with 5.9 inches of travel help enhance handling and overall comfort both on- and off-road.
- Hydraulic front disc brake ensures greater stopping power with less effort.
- Long, two-tone, motocross-style seat creates a balanced riding position for optimal rider movement and comfort.
- Durable and wide front fender is designed to keep mud and dirt off the rider off-road.
- Frame-mounted passenger footpegs provide two-up riding capability.
- Enduro-style, 60/55-watt halogen headlight features high/low beams.
- Flex-mounted turn indicators offer greater durability against breakage.
- Durable fork shrouds help prevent rocks and debris from damaging fork sliders.
- Standard instrumentation includes a speedometer with odometer and resettable tripmeter as well as indicator lights for neutral, high beam and turn signals.
- Standard dual rearview mirrors.
- Dependable, low-maintenance battery.
|MSRP||$4,590 (Team Yamaha Blue) Available from August 2013|
|Engine Type||196cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||67.0mm x 55.7mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® 28mm|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork; 6.3-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 5.9-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||220mm single disc|
|Brakes / Rear||110mm Drum|
|Tires / Front||130/80-18|
|Tires / Rear||180/80-14|
|Seat Height||31.1 in|
|Ground Clearance||10.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.8 gal|
|Fuel Economy||78 mpg|
|Wet Weight||278 lb|