- Liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 5 titanium valves
- Fuel injection
- 449 cc
The Yamaha WR450F is a reliable off roader that was creates for those who love adventures on two wheels.
The motorcycle is built on an advanced alumunium frame that houses a 449cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC four-stroke engine with five titanium valves. The engine breaths through a lightweight exhaust system and is mated to a wide-ratio five-speed transmission with a YZ450F-spec multiplate clutch.
The ride quality is assured by a fully adjustable YZ-based KYB air/oil-separate, 48mm cartridge-type fork and a rear KYB shock that can be adjusted for high- and low-speed compression damping, rebound and spring preload.
The stopping power is handled by wave-style brake discs that feature front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons.
You also get a pair of lightweight 21-inch front and 18-inch rear Excel rims shod in premium Dunlop tires.
The 2014 Yamaha WR450F is offered with a base price of $8,290.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha WR450F.
YZ250F style chassis + 450 FI engine = perfection.
The WR450F features a powerful and reliable, high-revving, five-titanium-valve engine with fuel injection, YZ250F-bred advanced alumunium frame, latest generation YZ forks and shock, and slim bodywork provides awesome lightweight handling and open-class power. Plus it’s green sicker approved for California.
2014 Yamaha WR450F Key Features:
• A YZ-bred advanced aluminum frame—carefully engineered from castings, forgings and extrusions—enhances handling while retaining legendary Yamaha feel and characteristics.
• Highly evolved five-titanium-valved engine starts with the push of a button.
• Highly functional digital enduro computer offers speedometer, clock, tripmeter, etc., in basic mode—or pace management functions such as timer, distance-compensating tripmeter, average speed, etc., when switched to race mode.
• The WR450F is green sticker approved for California.
• 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC four-stroke with five titanium valves delivers more broad power than ever, with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
• Fuel injection system delivers quick throttle response and smooth power delivery at nearly all altitudes and temperatures.
• Special crank balance factor and AC generator provide super-smooth running. A piston oil-jet provides increased cooling for long life.
• Dry-sump lubrication system carries the oil reservoir inside the engine cases, for excellent mass centralization and simplified plumbing.
• Digital TCI ignition system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to provide optimal timing for fast, strong response during hard acceleration.
• Large-capacity radiators with reinforcements provide maximum cooling efficiency with great strength.
• Wide-ratio five-speed transmission uses strengthened gears and YZ450F-spec multiplate clutch—good for quick-hitting power in the woods, as well as eye-opening top-end power.
• Lightweight exhaust system maximizes engine power.
• Aluminum muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor looks trick and keeps things light.
• Works-style clutch lever features oversize barrel adjuster for easy, on-the-fly adjustability of lever/cable play.
• Electric start provides easy restarts.
• YZ250F-inspired frame makes for a compact size while optimizing mass centralization. With its extensively tested assembly of aluminum forgings and extrusions, the WR frame retains legendary Yamaha handling and response.
• Compact YZ250F-based chassis provides a lightweight feeling with plush suspension performance for the most demanding rider.
• Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tube.
• Fully adjustable YZ-based KYB® air/oil-separate 48mm cartridge-type fork delivers precise, fade-free handling; fork protectors provide excellent tube protection.
• Tapered swingarm adopts YZ-style linkage for controlled, compliant rear suspension action. Lightweight axle and holders reduce weight in a critical area.
• The KYB® shock provides 11.6 inches of travel with adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, rebound and spring preload—and features a large piggyback reservoir for excellent damping and fade resistance.
• Wave-style brake discs reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
• Lightweight 21-inch front and 18-inch rear Excel® rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
• Repackable aluminum muffler shaves weight.
• Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer unbeatable, competition-spec traction and excellent wear.
• Cool YZ-derived bodywork and a thick seat look great and feel excellent on long rides. Tapered aluminum handlebar in forged triple clamp for light weight and great comfort.
• All this, including: tool-less access air box, Excel® rims, 18” rear wheel, tapered aluminum handlebars, wave-type brake rotors, electric start, on-the-fly clutch adjuster, O-ring chain and aluminum side stand. This machine is ready for tight trails, woods, or desert fun.
• Slim-design lightweight fuel tank holds 2.1 gallons.
• One-piece, high-strength, plastic skidplate shaves weight and offers great protection.
• Lightweight, 35-watt headlight and sweet LED taillight maximize visibility and draw less current.
• Adjustable front brake lever.
• Ultra-wide footpegs for more comfort.
• Repackable aluminum muffler shaves weight.
• Wheel collars make wheel removal quick and easy.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 5 titanium valves|
|Bore x Stroke||95.0mm x 63.4mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Final Drive||Chain Drive|
|Suspension / Front||Inverted fork; fully adjustable; 11.8-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.6-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic single disc brake|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake|
|Tires / Front||80/100-21M|
|Tires / Rear||120/90-18M|
|Seat Height||37.8 in|
|Ground Clearance||13.2 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.1 gal|
|Wet Weight***||273 lb|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.
The Yamaha WR450F is a pretty friendly enduro motorcycle with a strong yet forgiving engine and great ergonomics. Like most of the Japanese motorcycle is also reliable to the core and you won’t have any complains about the suspensions or handling either.