- Liquid-cooled, 2-stroke, reed-valve inducted
- Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- 124 cc
With its agile stance, lightweight construction and long travel suspensions, the 2014 Yamaha YZ125 is ready to deal effortless with anything you ask of it.
The bike is built on a light aluminum frame which houses a liquid cooled, 2 stroke, reed valve inducted, 125 cc engine. The unit needs to deal with a gross vehicle weight of 207 lb and all its power is kept in leash by a constant-mesh 6 speed; multiplate wet clutch transmission.
To offer a sharp stopping power, the motorcycle is fitted with front and rear hydraulic single disc brakes (250 mm front and 245 mm rear).
Among the features offered by the Yamaha YZ125 you’ll find an aluminum handlebar, titanium foot pegs and a gripper seat.
The 2014 Yamaha YZ125 is offered with a base price of $6,290 and comes with a 30 day warranty.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Yamaha YZ125.
Return to your roots! The YZ125 is the perfect transition from a YZ250F! One ride and you will be amazed at the light handling and the simple fun the YZ125 provides. Plus, YZ 2-strokes are easier and cost less to maintain.. a win-win for all the true moto fans out there.
2014 Yamaha YZ125 Key Features:
- A light aluminum frame housing an amazingly light and compact engine results in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- The YZ125 is ready to race out of the crate, complete with an aluminum handlebar, titanium foot pegs, and gripper seat.
- A pure motocross machine, the light and nimble YZ125 is the perfect choice for riders stepping up from the 85cc class.
- Ultra lightweight means nimble handling with less fatigue.
- Amazingly compact 124cc reed-valve-inducted two-stroke helps produce an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- Reed-valve spacer improves acceleration across the entire powerband.
- Patented YPVS® power-valve system combines crisp, hard-hitting bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
- Six-speed, close-ratio transmission optimizes gear ratios for maximum performance.
- Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for faster, stronger response during hard acceleration.
- Large-capacity radiator features a 10-row core with four louvers to deliver maximum cooling efficiency at all performance levels.
- Primary kickstarting ensures easy restarts in any gear.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
- YZ250F-style front-brake caliper and wave-style front and rear discs minimize unsprung weight and provide excellent stopping power.
- A carefully engineered, advanced aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ125 the best handling in its class.
- Speed-Sensitive System 48mm KYB® fork; damping force is controlled by piston speed which provides a smoother, more precise ride with 11.8 inches of travel.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
- Rear, fully adjustable KYB® shock features a super-light titanium shock spring and reduced-friction Kashima coating of internals. 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort all add up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
- Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place for quicker tire changes.
- Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
- Special-design “gripper” type seat and fuel tank, forward-canted steering crown and low aluminum handlebar all help create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
- Wide, cleated, folding titanium foot pegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance.
- Use of light box-head bolts throughout the chassis eases maintenance while reducing weight for increased performance.
- Premium drive chain has gold-colored plates for outstanding looks.
- Wide-diameter fuel tank cap for easier refueling.
- Repackable exhaust silencer.
- Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
|Engine type||Liquid-cooled, 2-stroke, reed-valve inducted|
|Bore x Stroke||54.0 x 54.5mm|
|Compression Ratio||8.6 10.7:1|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® TMX 38|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Final Drive||Chain Drive|
|Suspension / Front||Speed-sensitive system inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Fully adjustable single shock; 12.4-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm|
|Tires / Front||80/100-21|
|Tires / Rear||100/90-19|
|Seat Height||39.3 in|
|Ground Clearance||15.2 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.1 gal|
|Wet Weight***||207 lb|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.
Even if the 2014 Yamaha YZ125 comes with the same two stroke engine as the previous version, it doesn’t mean that it isn’t a modern bike. In fact, Yamaha’s two stroke units are among the best you’ll find in a 125 cc bike, so we understand Yamaha’s decision to leave them unchanged.
One of the main advantages offered by Yamaha’s 125 two strokes is that they seem to have a little more torque down low than the others in its class so this gives it an edge when it comes to agility.
The handling is pretty good too, but many riders consider that the new models lost the comfortable ride and easy maneuverability of the generations that were launched ten years ago.
In the end, the YZ125 remains a capable all-around off road machine for beginners. It is light, nimble, quick and cheap to maintain.