Weighting only 227 lb. (wet) and propelled by a 250 cc, 2 stroke engine, the 2015 Yamaha YZ250 offers an incredible power to weight ratio which helps it deliver first class performances even on the toughest terrains.
The motorcycle’s engine is fueled by a 2.1 gallons fuel tank and its power is transferred to the ground by means of a constant mesh five speed transmission with multiplate wet clutch.
Among the improvements made for the 2015 model year you’ll find a new style, the latest generation KYB Speed Sensitive fork, a clutch lever position adjuster and new Dunlop MX52 tires.
The Yamaha YZ250 is also fitted with lightweight 21 inch front and 19 inch rear Excel rims which help reduce unsprung weight.
The Yamaha YZ250 is offered with a starting price of $7,290.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha YZ250.
The Industry Benchmark.
The YZ250 is the standard by which every other 250cc 2-stroke motocross bike wishes they could live up to.
With giggle including power, unbelievable lightweight handling and legendary Yamaha durability. Plus, that 2-stroke simplicity means low cost maintenance!
2015 Yamaha YZ250 Key Features:
• Modern, aggressive styling, including new front fender, front number plate, radiator shrouds, side number plates, air box, rear fender, fork guards, as well as some technical changes to the rear sprocket, rear brake disc protector, and rear brake caliper protector and wider foot pegs just like the 4 strokes.
• A light aluminum frame housing a patented YPVS™ Power valve-equipped ripper of an engine results in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
• The YZ250 is ready to race out of the crate, complete with an aluminum handlebar, titanium foot pegs, gripper seat, and Excel® rims.
• Ultra lightweight means nimble handling with less fatigue.
2015 Yamaha YZ250 Features and Benefits:
New for 2015:
• all-new modern, aggressive styling for 2015.
• The latest-generation KYB® Speed-Sensitive fork, just like the 4-stroke machines, has been added and provides industry-leading performance.
• A clutch lever position adjuster is adopted to allow adjustments based on rider preferences and accommodates differing hand sizes.
• The latest Dunlop MX52® tires are used for the best off-road traction, performance reliability.
• 249cc liquid-cooled reed-valve-inducted two-stroke engine is lightweight, compact, and features an incredibly wide, hard-hitting powerband.
• Patented YPVS power-valve system combines crisp, hard-hitting, bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
• 38mm Keihin® PWK carburetor with power jet and throttle position sensor (TPS) provides precise fuel/air mixing and extra-crisp throttle response throughout the powerband.
• Special-design carbon fiber reed-valve petals improve throttle response and engine performance across the entire rpm range.
• Smooth-shifting, five-speed, close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch.
• Primary kickstarter ensures smooth, easy starting action and reduced weight.
• Large-capacity radiator features a ten-row core with four louvers for maximum cooling efficiency.
• Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband.
• Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on the fly adjustability.
• YZ250F-style front-brake caliper and wave-style front and rear discs minimize unsprung weight and provide excellent stopping power.
• The KYB® 48mm forks feature the Speed-Sensitive System that uses piston speed to control damping force for super-precise handling and a smooth ride.
• A carefully engineered, advanced aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ250 the best handling in the 250 class.
• Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
• Rear, fully adjustable KYB® shock features a steel shock spring and reduced-friction Kashima coating of internals. 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort all add up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
• Lightweight 21-inch front and 19-inch rear Excel® rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension, performance, and handling.
• Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place for quicker tire changes.
• Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
• Wide-diameter fuel tank cap ensures easier usage, while larger tank opening means faster, hassle-free refueling.
• Special-design "gripper" type seat and fuel tank aluminum handlebars in an adjustable top clamp create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
• Wide, cleated, folding foot pegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted|
|Bore x Stroke||66.4 x 72.0mm|
|Compression Ratio||8.9 10.6:1|
|Fuel Delivery||Keihin® PWK38S|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Fully adjustable single shock, 12.4-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm|
|Tires / Front||80/100-21 MX52 Dunlop®|
|Tires / Rear||110/90-19 MX52 Dunlop®|
|L x W x H||85.7 x 32.6 x 51.4 in|
|Seat Height||39.1 in|
|Ground Clearance||15.0 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.1 gal|
|Wet Weight||227 lb|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Color||Team Yamaha Blue/White|