The 2015 Yamaha YZ450F is ready to attack the toughest tracks without baking down and there is no wonder why, as in the latest year it has been constantly upgraded and refined.
Like you probably know, the motorcycle was completely redesigned last year when it received a new frame, a sleeker body and a fresh engine. The improvements continue in 2015 too, and Yamaha’s iconic dirt bike receives stiffer fork springs, new valving and a new fork outer tube, quick-release quarter-turn Dzus air box fasteners, a new steel bottom engine bracket and fresh Dunlop MX52 tires.
Power comes from a 449.7cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC 4-stroke engine with 4 Titanium Valves which is mated on a constant-mesh 5-speed transmission with multiplate wet clutch.
The motorcycle is available with two paint schemes namely Team Yamaha Blue/White and White/Red and it can be yours for no less than $8,590.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha YZ450F.
A Winner Right Out of the Crate.
Completely re-engineered just last year with new EFI engine, an entrirely new frame, minimized body work and new suspension components provinding for excellent mass centralization and class leading 450 power with 250-style handlng.
The critics agree: the YZ450F is the one to beat.
2015 Yamaha YZ450F Key Features:
• YZ450F’s revolutionary rearward-slanted-cylinder design is an innovative approach to achieve unmatched mass centralization. Concentrating the motorcycle’s heaviest components (engine mass, fuel tank, exhaust system, and airbox) toward the center of the machine, as well as the rotational mass of the valve train, helps achieve superior, nimble handling.
• The 4-titanium-valve cylinder head is matched to a fuel injection system that provides superb power feeling across the rpm range. The adjustable fuel injection system uses a 44mm throttle body fed by a high pressure battery-less electric pump to ensure optimum fuel atomization and air/fuel calibration for a wide range of riding conditions. The YZ450F instantly adapts to changing air/fuel mixtures depending on altitude and temperature, for an engine that delivers no matter what conditions.
• The aluminum Bilateral Beam frame features new motor mounts to improve the machines handling character and offers a superb rigidity balance and, with class-leading front and rear suspension, provides unmatched lightweight handling and cornering.
• Industry-leading suspension with refinements to internal and external components and settings result in superior handling.
• Accessory GYTR® Power Tuner lets owners adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to match engine performance characteristics to the rider and track conditions in a matter of seconds with the push of a few buttons.
2015 Yamaha YZ450F Features and Benefits:
New for 2015:
• Stiffer fork springs, new valving and a new fork outer tube improve performance in the mid-to-end stroke and aid fork bottoming resistance.
• Quick-release quarter-turn Dzus® air box fasteners for tool-less access to the air filter.
• A new steel bottom engine bracket has been designed for increased rigidity balance and damping feel.
• New Dunlop® MX52 tires offer excellent traction front and rear, especially on hard surfaces.
• The high-performance ECU provides great bottom end torque plus delivers a strong feeling of power from 3rd gear up while the gear ratios lengthen the powerband and heighten the feeling of power in 2nd and 3rd gear.
• The valve mechanisms and cylinder head feature specs that take performance to the next level, resulting in added power and outstanding performance.
• The exhaust pipe has an innovative layout, circling the cylinder, giving the exhaust pipe proper length for an excellent exhaust-pulse effect. At the same time, the exhaust pipe has three different diameters throughout the exhaust tract, bringing out excellent power characteristics. This layout allows the silencer to be behind the side panel closer to the middle of the bike which centralizes the mass for superior handling.
• The compact wet sump lubrication system with piston cooler spray jet eliminates the need for an oil tank, reducing engine weight. The water pump employs a plastic resin impeller for further weight reduction. The reduced size of the crankcase enabled by this lubrication system design is a major factor in making it possible to mount the 450cc engine on the compact frame to deliver precise and instinctive handling.
• The accessory GYTR Power Tuner can simplify the work of adjusting fuel injection volume and ignition timing settings to fit personal preferences or track conditions.
• A Bilateral Beam frame is adopted and the overall dimensions are roughly the same as the frame of the 2013 YZ250F. This gives the YZ450F a compact chassis that provides the most instinctive handling in the 450 motocross class.
• The aluminum muffler is positioned closer to the machine’s center of gravity as it is almost completely hidden by the side number plate. The layout allows a shorter, lighter sub frame and also contributes to mass centralization for lightweight handling feel.
• The front suspension has proven KYB® air-oil separated forks with stiffer fork springs, new valving and a new fork outer tube to improve performance in the mid-to-end stroke and aid fork bottoming resistance. The rear suspension also features settings optimized for ideal damping characteristics to match the chassis dimensions.
• The large diameter 22mm front axle and top triple clamp provide rigidity for unmatched handling and front end feel. The handlebar mounts are rubber mounted to improve comfort and reduce handlebar vibration.
• The fuel tank and air cleaner box give the machine a slimmer feeling between the legs as well as positions the fuel tank mass closer to the center of the bike which improves handling feel. Furthermore, the air box can be accessed without removing the fuel tank for easy serviceability of the large air cleaner element.
• A narrow radiator design contributes to slimming down the radiator panel area.
• Riders have a choice of two color options: Team Yamaha Blue/ White or White/Red.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves|
|Bore x Stroke||97.0 x 60.8mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), Keihin® 44mm|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||KYB® Speed-Sensitive System, inverted fork: fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Monoshock, adjustable preload and rebound damping, 7.5-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm|
|Tires / Front||80/100-21 Dunlop® MX52-FA|
|Tires / Rear||120/80-19 Dunlop® MX52|
|L x W x H||85.6 x 32.5 x 50.8 in|
|Seat Height||38.4 in|
|Ground Clearance||13.2 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.0 gal|
|Wet Weight||245 lb|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Color Options||Team Yamaha Blue/White, White/Red|