The Yamaha Vino Classic is a compact scooter that offers a great mix of dynamism, classic design and comfort. The 2014 model year remained unchanged compared to the previous generation.
Like its predecessor, the Yamaha Vino Classic is propelled by a fuel injected, 49cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke single, SOHC, 3 valve engine which is kep under control by a V-belt automatic transmission with dry centrifugal automatic clutch. The engine needs to deal with wet weight of 179 lb and delivers a fuel economy of 110 mpg.
A front telescopic fork (2.3-in travel) and a rear single shock (2.1-in travel) are keeping you safe from bumps while a set of 110mm front and rear drum brakes keep you safe and far from trouble.
The 2014 Yamaha Vino Classic is available from August 2013 and is offered with a base price of $2,290.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha Vino Classic.
- Classic retro style—straight out of the movies—meets modern Yamaha engineering.
- Vino Classic comes with fuel injection for smooth throttle response and easy starting in nearly all conditions.
- Super-economical to operate, effortless to park, highly convenient transportation.
- Quality paint and chrome will look like new for a long time.
- Spacious locking storage compartment is perfect for backpacks and groceries.
- 49cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine with easy, dependable electric starting and kickstart system.
- Fuel injection for smooth throttle response and easy starting in nearly all conditions.
- Fully automatic V-belt transmission provides easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation.
- High-energy ignition system provides precise, high-voltage spark for seamless engine performance and excellent reliability.
- 90/90-10 front and rear tires offer excellent traction.
- Open, step-through steel-tube frame design allows convenient mounting and dismounting.
- Telescopic front fork with 2.3 inches of travel delivers superb bump-absorbing performance and comfort.
- Rear single-shock suspension system with 2.1 inches of travel provides plush, all-day comfort and unbeatable ride quality.
- Front and rear drum brakes supply strong stopping power.
- Wide, thickly padded single seat is comfortable and sleek.
- Rear wheel lock device helps prevent theft by locking the rear wheel, making it harder to move the scooter, and also covers the ignition switch to prevent tampering.
- Underseat storage compartment can hold a helmet, and the rugged rear rack is perfect for hauling schoolbooks or groceries.
- Ultra-cool styled headlight, turn-signal housings, speedometer, mirrors and handlebar, and chrome cargo rack out back.
- Large, single 12V 35/35-watt headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and enhances retro styling.
- Full-size floorboard and wide, sculpted front apron provide splash and wind protection and a classic styling accent.
- Speedometer with integrated fuel gauge lets rider easily keep track of gas level.
- Easy-to-read instrument panel features turn signal, high-beam and low-oil indicator lights.
|MSRP||$2,290 (Deep Sea Blue/Vanilla White) Available from August 2013|
|Engine Type||49cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke single, SOHC, 3 valve|
|Bore x Stroke||38.0mm x 43.6mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Clutch Type||Dry centrifugal automatic clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork, 2.3-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock, 2.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||110mm drum|
|Brakes / Rear||110mm drum|
|Tires / Front||90/90-10|
|Tires / Rear||90/90-10|
|Seat Height||28.2 in|
|Ground Clearance||3.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.2 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||110 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||179 lb|
|Other||Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|