Garmin International announced that Buell Motorcycle will begin offering a new Garmin-built GPS navigation system as an accessory specifically designed for its 2006 Ulysses XB12X model.
Named the Buell Quest Portable Navigation System, the system provides premium road navigation capabilities – including automatic routing and turn-by-turn voice-prompted directions to addresses or points of interest like lodging, restaurants, and Buell dealers and service centers. Riders will enjoy the unit’s easy-to-use interface and easy-to-read high-resolution color display.
"We’re happy to be paired with America’s premier designer of performance sport bikes," said Gary Kelley, Garmin’s vice president of marketing. "We share a passion for design that allows riders to enjoy the ride instead of worrying about how to get there."
The unit contains 115 MB of internal memory for loading detailed map information in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. The unit is sold with Garmin’s MapSource City Select CD-ROM and a computer interface cable, so riders can customize their map data for wherever they’re traveling.
Rugged and waterproof, the Buell Quest can be removed from the motorcycle’s specially-designed mount and stowed in a pocket for safekeeping. Turn-by-turn audible voice prompts are delivered through an included ear bud speaker. The unit also has an internal lithium-ion battery for on-foot adventures.
Additional features of the Buell Quest include:
- High-resolution 256-color TFT color display that’s easy to see in day or night
- Turn-by-turn voice prompted directions
- Calculates shortest or fastest routes to addresses or points of interest
- Automatically recalculates a route if the rider misses a turn
- Built-in 13MB routable Americas basemap that contains airports, cities, towns, state and interstate highways, local thoroughfares and secondary roads
- USB connection for fast detail map downloads from included MapSource® City Select® CD-ROM.
- Also available with European map data – sold separately