- Tri-Weave Shell Construction - Bell uses a single cloth tri-weave of carbon fiber, Kevlar® and fiberglass to create the durable but light weight shell of the Moto-8.
- Air Intake Ports - Air enters the Bell Moto-8’s Velocity Flow Ventilation™ system through 11 intake ports. The location of these ports was determined using a combination of computer simulation, wind-tunnel testing, and rider trials. Their final locations represent optimal positioning for maximum air entry and throughput.
- Removable Vented Roost Guard - Long a signature feature of Bell Moto-series helmets, the vented roost guard helps protect the rider’s mouth and nose from kicked up dirt and debris.
- Mouth Piece Venting - Struts of the mouth piece are angled for maximum airflow in the riding position.
- Chin Bar/Cheek Pad Ventilation - The two forward chin bar vents capture airflow off the front of the face guard and channel it through ducts in the chin bar EPS to the cheek pads. Perforations in the back of the cheek pads allows for the airflow to help with drying. Air is then evacuated through the exit ports at the lower rear of the helmet.
- Flow Separator™ - This ridge on the top rear of the shell causes a separation of high velocity flow away from the helmet. Below the ridge, low pressure spiral vorticies that pull air through the internal venting system are created. This low-pressure flow naturally circulates and is pulled upward and away by the prevailing high velocity flow creating a suction of air through the helmet, keeping the rider’s head cool and dry.
- Flying Bridge Visor™ - Unlike traditional visors that have an attachment point in the center, the Bell Flying Bridge Visor™ relies on a unique offset pivot configuration. These side-only attachment points provide both adjustability and full stability. The absence of the center attachment point allows uninterrupted airflow over the top of the helmet, improving the function of its ventilation system. Shatter-resistant thermoplastic construction means the visor can take a hit and keep riding.
- QuickFlip™ Visor Screws - The Moto-8’s visor screws feature a large flip-up lever that makes it easy to adjust visor settings without tools, even with gloved hands.
- Drytime™/Dri-Lex™ Comfort Liner - Channeling in the comfort liner in conjunction with channels in the EPS layer help direct air throughout the helmet to keep the rider dry. By using a strategic combination of soft memory foam covered with Dri-Lex lammy suede and Drytime fabric, the liner provides the ultimate in fit, comfort, and dryness. The comfort liner is fully removable and washable.
Prices: 350.95$ - 399.95$