Kyle Busch’s run of bad luck officially ended Saturday at Phoenix International Raceway.
Busch followed his Friday night Truck Series win with a victory Saturday in the Busch Series, giving him a chance Sunday in the Nextel Cup event to become the first driver to sweep all three of NASCAR’s national series at the same track on the same weekend.
"I am not saying we will. I am not saying we won’t," Busch said. "I am just saying we hope to. It would be a great honor to (...) > Full story
There’s just one race of the Nextel Cup Series, the Miami Speedway race, and Jimmie Johnson, after his fourth win in row, is feeling the title in his hands; and Jeff Gordon is trying his best to ruin Johnson’s plans.
Johnson took command of the Nextel Cup championship Sunday, winning at Phoenix International Raceway to open a daunting lead over his teammate in the race to the title. It was his 10th win of the season – most since Gordon won 13 in 1998 – and barring a collapse in (...) > Full story
After the accusation that Renault obtain and used technical data propriety of McLaren, Renault officials admitted that they had in their possession McLaren data, but they declared that didn’t use it.
Here is the official Renault press release.
Following the notification of the FIA for the ING Renault F1 Team representatives to appear in front of the World Council, the team wishes to clarify the situation.
On the 6th September 2007 it came to our attention that an engineer (Mr (...) > Full story
Sam Hornish Jr. is leaving the IndyCar Series for a full-time ride in NASCAR, joining the mass exodus of open-wheel stars fleeing to America’s most popular racing series.
The three-time IndyCar champion told The Associated Press he will drive the No. 77 Dodge next season for Penske Racing with Mobil 1 as the sponsor.
"I feel like this is something that is a new and unique challenge for me," Hornish said Thursday. "It may or may not be the right way to look at it, but I (...) > Full story
Dale Earnhardt Inc. continued to strengthen its motorsports operation with the promotion of several key industry experts and the addition of a veteran crew chief to its roster.
Dave Charpentier, current crew chief of the No. 15 Chevrolet, has been promoted to technical director, and Doug Randolph, current crew chief of the No. 43 Petty Enterprises car driven by Bobby Labonte, will take over as crew chief for Paul Menard and the No. 15.
Charpentier, a long-time Dale Earnhardt Inc. (...) > Full story
The FIA has requested Renault appear before the World Motor Sport Council next month over allegations that the team had unauthorized possession of confidential data belonging to rivals McLaren.
In a statement released Thursday, the FIA confirmed: “The team representatives have been called to answer a charge that between September 2006 and October 2007, in breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code, the Renault F1 Team had unauthorized possession of documents and (...) > Full story
Williams test driver Kazuki Nakajima will race for the team next season alongside Nico Rosberg. Nakajima made his competitive Formula One debut in the FW29 at last month’s season finale in Brazil, while Rosberg has been at the British squad for two seasons.
“I am delighted to confirm that Nico will be racing for the team for his third consecutive year after demonstrating impressive and widely applauded form in 2007,” commented team principal Frank Williams.
“Nico will be ably (...) > Full story
NASCAR is considering a plan that would keep full-time Nextel Cup Series drivers from winning the Busch Series after the 2008 season - the same year the Busch Series will have its own version of the Car of Tomorrow.
If NASCAR signs off on the plan, any driver ranked among the top 35 in the Nextel Cup standings cannot get points in a Busch Series race.
It won’t keep Nextel Cup regulars from racing - and dominating - the junior circuit, but it will help NASCAR crown a champion that’s (...) > Full story
NASCAR announced Wednesday that Chad Walter, crew chief of the No. 24 Chevrolet driven by Casey Mears, and Tony Eury Sr., crew chief of the No. 88 Chevrolet driven by Brad Keselowski in the NASCAR Busch Series, have been fined and penalized due to rule violations at Texas Motor Speedway.
The infraction was discovered during pre-race inspection on Nov. 3.
Both crew chiefs were fined 10,000 USD and placed on probation until Dec. 31, 2007, for violating Sections 12-4-A (actions (...) > Full story
The winning organization in NASCAR announced on Wednesday its first move since its inception in 1949. Richard and Kyle Petty, in efforts to garner continued wins and championships, have agreed to move Petty Enterprises closer to the center of NASCAR activities in the greater Charlotte, N.C., area.
They have reached a multi-year lease agreement for shop space located in the city of Mooresville. The space was formerly occupied by Robert Yates Racing and its two-car Nextel Cup operation. (...) > Full story