2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4x4 Sport
With its stubborn personality, the Teryx 750 FI 4x4 Sport is the perfect solution if you are looking for a rugged four wheel drive vehicle which is able to deal effortless with dirt, mud and unbeaten tracks.
In its savage adventures the Kawasaki Teryx 750 is helped by a set of lightweight alloy wheels controlled by high-end, gas-charged shocks which offer a superior level of wheel and chassis control, even through rough terrain. What’s even better, the piggyback-reservoir shocks are fully adjustable for spring preload, compression damping and rebound damping, so you can choose your own settings.
The 2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4x4 Sport is propelled by a reliable power 749cc 90-degree 8-valve V-twin. This engine is not only plenty powerful, it’s also very smooth thanks to the 90-degree configuration’s perfect primary balance.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4x4 Sport.
2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4x4 Sport
The Teryx’s high-end suspension units are easy to appreciate even when you’re not moving. The aluminum-bodied gas-charged piggyback-reservoir shocks are fully adjustable for spring preload, compression damping and rebound damping for maximum tunability and control of its lightweight aluminum wheels. Each wheel is a whopping two pounds lighter a standard Teryx wheel, and this 8-pound difference in unsprung weight is easy to feel at speed.
The Teryx Sport’s advanced digital fuel-injection system includes functions for automatic elevation compensation, automatic idle adjustment and easy, choke-free starting via a sophisticated array of sensors for inlet air pressure, throttle position, crankshaft position, rpm, water temperature and a vehicle down sensor. There’s also an ignition cut-out, which won’t allow the Teryx Sport to be ridden away when the parking brake is engaged. This braking system technology complements the Teryx’s CVT Belt Protection System, which, among other good things, automatically retards ignition timing if the system detects engine operation at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless (i.e., the belt is slipping), and warns the rider via a flashing belt warning lamp on the dash.
All that electronically enhanced performance is perfectly packaged within an advanced chassis that’s narrow enough to navigate the gnarliest trails (and fit in a standard pickup bed), yet wide enough to offer a roomy cab and an excellent ride. The wide-track design frame uses large-diameter, thin-walled tubing to combine tremendous rigidity with light weight. And the upper frame adds great looks and protection, while providing enough room inside to fit two full-sized adults in a comfortable but supportive pair of bucket seats with retractable three-point seat belts.
Once comfortably strapped in, the rider can choose 2WD or 4WD with the flip of a switch, and Kawasaki’s super-efficient continuously variable transmission takes it from there, to practically anywhere you feel like going. A cockpit-adjustable variable front differential control even lets you fine-tune front-end traction.
Long-travel independent suspension, those fully adjustable gas-charged shocks at all four corners, a rear stabilizer bar and mid-ship engine placement all work together to tame tough trails, while a high-performance long A-arm double-wishbone suspension design reduces camber changes for sharp steering at all times. When it’s time to slow down, dual discs up front and a high-tech sealed oil-bath braking unit out back get the job done with power to spare, while Kawasaki Engine Braking Control uses clever electronics to assist with engine braking when driving down hills. Custom 26-inch Maxxis tires designed for the Teryx’s characteristics are the final ingredient in its amazingly potent handling package.
- Teryx’s liquid-cooled, 749cc SOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine cranks out class-leading power
- Oversquare (85 x 66mm) engine with 4-valve heads contributes to the Teryx’s superb acceleration and torque
- The 90-degree V-twin configuration offers perfect primary balance, resulting in low engine vibration
- Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
- Engine can be started in any gear, as long as the brake pedal is depressed
- Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RUV when traversing down hills
- The engine is positioned mid-ship, providing optimum front/rear balance and optimum traction
- Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine, while a heavy-duty liquid-cooling system keeps temperatures under control in the harshest conditions
- Large-capacity radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for protection against mud and debris; a larger cooling fan increases cooling capacity in slow going.
- Ignition cut-out feature protects the brake system by preventing riding with the parking brake on
- Coolant reserve tank is located under the front cover for easy maintenance
- High-performance, aluminum bodied, fully adjustable, piggyback reservoir, gas-charged Kayaba shocks provide excellent fade-resistant damping performance in the toughest conditions while providing 7.5 inches of plush, controlled wheel travel
- Independent rear suspension provides an ideal balance of rider comfort and handling at high speeds
- Rear torsion bar helps minimize body roll
- Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame combines high rigidity, light weight and mid-engine placement – a perfect combination for performance riding
- Tubular cab frame meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, requirements as a roll-over protective structure (ROPS)
- Performance-focused suspension is designed for high-performance riding
- Wide track helps provide a great ride, but unit is narrow enough to fit in a standard pickup truck bed
- Chassis has 11.6 inches of ground clearance, which strikes a perfect compromise between great low-cg handling and the ability to clear tough off-road obstacles
- Narrow frame concept maximizes the length of the front and rear suspension’s lower A-arms for excellent road-handling performance and minimal geometry change throughout the suspension’s travel
- Chassis serves up a near-perfect balance of bump absorption and taut steering
- A hinged, forward-tilting front hood and headlight assembly highlights aggressive styling and allows quick access to the radiator and front suspension components for easy maintenance and suspension tuning
- The tilt bed’s frame is engineered with extra rigidity for a high degree of durability
- Thermoplastic Olefin bodywork has a beautiful high-gloss finish that’s more scratch-resistant than polyethylene—so it stays great-looking longer
- Engine and undercarriage guards provide maximum protection from rocks and debris
- Teryx’s battery and electric parts are located higher and further away from water and harm’s way
- Dual 40W headlights and 8/27W dual taillights mean you’ll see and be seen
|Engine||Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin|
|Valve System||SOHC, four valves per cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||85 x 66mm|
|Fuel System||2 x Mikuni 34mm throttle bodies|
|Transmission||Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control|
|Final drive||Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft|
|Frame type||Large diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||Dual A-arm with aluminum-body gas-charged shocks with piggyback reservoirs, fully adjustable preload, and adjustable rebound/compression damping / 7.5 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with reservoir-equipped gas-charged shocks with adjustable preload and adjustable rebound/compression damping / 7.5 in.|
|Front Tire Size||Maxxis 26x8-12|
|Rear Tire Size||Maxxis 26x10-12|
|Front brakes||Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers|
|Rear Brakes||Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc|
|Overall length||116.3 in.|
|Overall width||58.5 in.|
|Overall height||75.8 in.|
|Ground clearance||11.6 in.|
|Lighting||(2) 35W headlights, (2) 8W taillight, 27W stoplight|
|Cargo Bed Capacity||500 lbs., 44.2 W x 32.7 L x 11.1 in. H|
|Towing Capacity||1,300 lbs.|
|Curb weight||1,395.1 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||7.4 gal.|
|Instruments||Multi-function Digital Meter with speedometer, fuel gauge, clock hour meter, odometer, dual trip meter and parking brake, CVT belt, R/N/P/4WD, water temp and oil pressure indicators|
|Color Choices||Super Black, Lime Green|
Motorcycle USA----"For the Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4x4 Sport they came up with features that will allow you to have more fun running around and catching air on the dunes. It starts with high performance cast aluminum wheels which are about two pounds lighter in each corner that gives a boost you can’t deny. Then they give you high performance aluminum-bodied gas charged piggyback reservoir shocks at all four corners that are adjustable for spring preload, compression damping and rebound damping for an RUV that you can turn in with ease."