2012 Kawasaki Teryx FI 4x4
With its robust character, the Kawasaki Teryx FI 4x4 is ready to take you to your wildest adventures. Built as a tough all road vehicle, the Kawasaki Teryx FI 4x4 offers class-leading power and torque. It is propelled by a liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin, 749cc engine which has a towing capacity of 1,300 lbs. Moreover the engine’s digital fuel injection system automatically adjusts to match changing conditions.
The 2012 Kawasaki Teryx FI 4x4’s engine is mounted on a sport-tuned wide-body chassis which offers a wide track that helps provide a stable ride, but still allows the RUV to fit into a standard pickup bed.
The Kawasaki Teryx FI 4x 4 offers the possibility to choose between 2WD and 4ED with the flip of a switch. Additionally, a cockpit-adjustable variable front differential control even lets you fine-tune front-end traction for slick or tricky terrain.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Kawasaki Teryx FI 4x4.
2012 Kawasaki Teryx FI 4x4
The Teryx’s advanced digital fuel-injection system includes functions for automatic altitude compensation, automatic idle adjustment and easy, choke-free starting via a sophisticated array of sensors for inlet air pressure, throttle position, crankshaft position, rpm, water temperature and a vehicle down sensor. Also, an ignition cut-out won’t allow the Teryx to be ridden away when the parking brake is engaged. The clever braking system protection complements the Teryx’s CVT Belt Protection System, which, among other good things, automatically retards ignition timing if the system detects engine operation at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless (i.e., the belt is slipping), and warns the rider via a flashing belt warning lamp on the dash.
All that electronically enhanced performance is packaged within an advanced chassis that’s narrow enough to navigate most trails (and fit in a standard pickup bed), yet wide enough to offer a roomy cab and an excellent ride. The wide-track design frame uses large-diameter, thin-walled tubing to combine tremendous rigidity with light weight. The upper frame adds roll-over protection, and there’s enough room inside to fit two full-sized adults in a comfortable but supportive pair of bucket seats with retractable three-point seat belts.
Once comfortably strapped in, the rider can choose 2WD or 4WD with the flip of a switch, and Kawasaki’s super-efficient continuously variable transmission takes it from there, taking you practically anywhere you want to go. A cockpit-adjustable variable front differential control even lets you fine-tune front-end traction for slick or tricky terrain.
Long-travel four-wheel independent suspension, adjustable Kayaba gas-charged shocks at all four corners, a rear stabilizer bar and mid-ship engine placement all work together to tame tough trails, with a high-performance long A-arm double-wishbone suspension design that reduces camber changes for sharp steering and excellent wheel control at all times. When it’s time to slow down, dual discs up front and a high-tech sealed oil-bath braking unit out back get the job done with power to spare, while Kawasaki Engine Braking Control uses clever electronics to assist with engine braking while driving down hills. Specially designed 26-inch Maxxis tires designed specifically for the Teryx are the final ingredient in its amazingly agile and stable handling characteristics.
A large selection of authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers for the 2012 Teryx 750 FI 4x4. As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages RUV drivers to drive responsibly and to respect the environment.
- Teryx’s liquid-cooled, 749cc SOHC, fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine cranks out class-leading power and offers unmatched smoothness
- Prodigious torque is available from the oversquare (85 x 66mm) engine design, while 4-valve heads contributes to the Teryx’s superb acceleration
- The 90° V-Twin configuration offers perfect primary balance, resulting in low engine vibration
- Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
- Engine can be started in any gear, as long as the brake pedal is depressed
- Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RUV when traversing down hills
- The engine is positioned mid-ship, providing optimum front/rear balance and superb traction
- Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine, while a heavy-duty liquid-cooling system keeps temperatures under control in the harshest conditions
- Large-capacity radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for protection against mud and debris; a large cooling fan maximizes cooling capacity in slow going
- Ignition cut-out feature protects the brake system by preventing riding with the parking brake on
- Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame combines high rigidity, light weight and mid-engine placement – a perfect combination for performance riding
- Tubular cab frame meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, requirements as a roll-over protective structure (ROPS)
- Performance-focused suspension is designed with high-performance driving in mind
- Wide track helps provide a great ride, but the unit still fits in a standard pickup truck bed
- Chassis has 11.6 inches of ground clearance – a perfect compromise between great, low-CG handling and the ability to clear tough off-road obstacles
- Narrow frame design maximizes the length of the front and rear suspension’s lower A-arms for excellent road handling performance and minimal geometry changes throughout the suspension’s travel
- Chassis serves up a near-perfect balance of bump absorption and steering control
- The tilt bed’s frame is highly rigid for added durability
- Inset headlights complement the modern, aggressive styling
- Hinged, forward-tilting front hood enforces aggressive styling and allows quick access to the radiator and front suspension components for easier maintenance and suspension tuning
- High-performance, single-chamber, preload-adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks provide excellent fade-resistant damping performance in the toughest conditions, while providing 7.5 inches of plush, controlled wheel travel
- Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of rider comfort and handling at high speeds, along with 7.5 inches of sport-tuned wheel travel.
- The preload-adjustable gas-charged Kayaba rear shocks feature piggyback reservoirs, further reducing the tendency of oil to froth under hard conditions, while a torsion bar out back helps keep body roll to a minimum
- Making maximum use of its cockpit space, the Teryx provides plenty of shoulder and legroom to comfortably accommodate two adults
- Form-fitting bucket seats and retractable three-point seatbelts serve up a comfortable ride
- Padded steering wheel is positioned low for optimum control when sport riding, and provides additional driver protection
|Engine||Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin|
|Valve System||SOHC, four valves per cylinder|
|Bore x stroke||85 x 66mm|
|Fuel System||2 x Mikuni 34 mm throttle bodies|
|Transmission||Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control|
|Final drive||Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft|
|Frame type||Large diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||Dual A-arm with gas charged shocks with preload adjustment / 7.5 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with gas charged, reservoir shocks with preload adjustment / 7.5 in.|
|Front Tire Size||Maxxis 26x8-12|
|Rear Tire Size||Maxxis 26x10-12|
|Front brakes||Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers|
|Rear brakes||Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc|
|Overall length||116.3 in.|
|Overall width||58.5 in.|
|Overall height||75.8 in.|
|Ground clearance||11.6 in.|
|Lighting||(2) 35W headlights, (2) 8W taillight, 27W stoplight|
|Cargo Bed Capacity||500 lbs., 44.2 W x 32.7 L x 11.1 in. H|
|Towing Capacity||1,300 lbs.|
|Curb weight||1,402 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||7.4 gal.|
|Instruments||Multi-function Digital Meter with speedometer (mph or kph), fuel gauge, clock hour meter, odometer, dual trip meter and parking brake, CVT belt, R/N/P/4WD, water temp and oil pressure indicators|
|Color Choices||Sunbeam Red|
MotorCycle USA----"With an enhanced chassis and an advanced digital fuel-injection system the Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4x4 means dependability reliability and a load of fun. With the 2Wd and the 4WD at the tips of your fingers, it means non-stop fun."