2015 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC
When the terrain on the job is just as challenging as the job itself, workers in even the most remote locations can rely on the strength of the MULE™ 610 4x4 XC side x side.
With greater height and enhanced ground clearance compared to a standard MULE 610 4x4, this two-seat workhorse is reliable enough to handle whatever task comes up in the backcountry. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be strong and rugged enough to be called a MULE!
Continue reading for more information on the Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC.
2015 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC
Engine:Four-stroke, fan-cooled single, OHV
Transmission:Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
Top Speed:25 mph
The Kawasaki MULE 610 4x4 XC is a compact Sidex Side that is Tough Enough for the Backcountry
For those seeking a little more flair in their four-wheel drive off-road utility vehicle, the 2015 MULE 610 4X4 XC is also available in a Camo model and a Special Edition model, which features Bright White bodywork and sporty graphics.
2015 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC Key Features:
• Extra-large 26" Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 radial tires mounted on 12" wheels
• 1.3” wider track than standard model
• Large tires offer extra ground clearance – 8.1”
• Standard skid plates for the front differential, engine and rear differential
• All-weather seat cover provides a secure perch for the driver and passenger
• Sporty graphics give the MULE 610 4x4 XC a bold look
• A sport steering wheel from the Teryx side x side enhances control and appearance
• Optimum brake pedal ratio, powerful master-cylinder, and high-performance brake shoes
• Stain- and scratch-resistant special black-texture paint in the cargo bed
• Simple release tailgate for easy opening and closing
• Camo and Special Edition models give customers more options
2015 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC Features and Benefits:
Chassis, Tires & Wheels
The MULE 610 4x4 XC reveals its off-road capability with burly 26" Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 radial tires mounted on all-business 12" wheels. The aggressive treads widen the MULE’s track by 1.3”, while the extra rubber’s height increases ground clearance to 8.1”. Pair the additional grip of the radial tires with sturdy standard skid plates and you get a vehicle built to overcome obstaclesand outperform the competition when the going gets rough!
In spite of its wide-ranging capabilities and radical design, you can be sure of the MULE 610 4x4 XC’s reliable and powerful drivetrain. A resilient, 401cc fan-cooled overhead-valve engine mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) keeps all four wheels reliably turning, and simple automotive controls make operation simple.
To ensure easy starting, an enrichening system partially opens the throttle for quick start up in hot or cold conditions. In addition, this MULE can be started in 2WD or 4WD and in forward (Hi or Low) or reverse gear, provided the brake pedal is applied. Verdict: this is not your grandfather’s 4x4.
Supsension & Braking
MacPherson strut front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering combine great bump absorption with light handling, while the balanced mid-engine layout and swingarm rear suspension provide plenty of traction in back.
A powerful braking system that featuresan optimum brake pedal-input ratio and high-performance brake shoes brings it all to a reliable halt.
In the engineering shop, Kawasaki engineers decided to do more than adjust the suspension. After kicking the front bumper forward 1.2” to make room for the beefy 26” tires, they enhanced the cockpit experience via a more ergonomically satisfying seat and a sport-oriented steering wheel. Wrapping up the process are seriously sporty graphics for hard work and even harder play.
Dual cup holders help keep riders hydrated while on the clock, a large glove box can carry more than just gloves, and the fronthood pops open to reveal more than 12 gallons worth of storage.
While it may appear focused on fun, the MULE 610 4x4 XC is all about hard work. A special black-texture paint applied to its 400 lb capacity all-steel cargo bed allows even greater utility and durability, while a 1,100 lb towing capacity means you can haul whatever gear you need.
Camo and SE Models
The 610 4x4 XC is available in 2 more model variations. First, the Camo model adds that all-important Realtree® Xtra® Green Camouflage pattern, which is perfect for the avid worker who is going to double up and use their MULE for hunting activities.
In addition to the Camo model, a Special Edition (SE) model incorporates sporty graphics and Bright White bodywork.
Kawasaki Strong Three-Year Warranty
Customers can take pride in the knowledge that the MULE 610 4x4 XC is assembled right here in America at Kawasaki’s manufacturing facility in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Completing the appeal of the MULE 610 4x4 XCis Kawasaki’s promise to keep you running Strong with our standard Three-Year Warranty. We don’t just want you to enjoy this vehicle, we want you to live the MULElifestyle and be absorbed in its heritage: a heritage of long-lasting, durable, fun-to-drive vehicles.
A large selection of Kawasaki Genuine Accessories is available through authorized Kawasaki dealers. Popular accessories include an enclosed cab, snow plow, winch and soft or hard tops.
Fan-Cooled, Single-Cylinder Engine
• Simple and lightweight 401cc four-stroke single is compact, lightweight and extremely durable
• Overhead valve design provides maximum efficiency, while the MULE 610 4x4 XC’s carburetor helps provide excellent fuel economy
• Fan cooling helps the engine maintain an ideal operating temperature
• Cab frame air intake draws clean, uncontaminated air for the engine from the top of the cab
• High-mount exhaust design keeps the system dry and out of harm’s way
• An oil-temperature warning lamp linked toa crankcase sensor help prevent overheating
• The choke accurately opens the throttle during starting so the accelerator pedal does not need to be depressed
• Depressing the brake pedal allows the engine to be started in gear
Gear Driven Engine Balancer
• A rotating counter balancer, dramatically reduces vibration and minimizes noise and wear for increased comfort and reduced engine stress
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
• Carburetor settings greatly reduce exhaust emissions
• Positive crankcase ventilation system recycles blow-by gases to the intake tract where they’re burned in the engine
• A USFS-approved spark arrestor integrated into the muffler greatly reduces fire hazard
• California models have a check valve on the fuel tank/charcoal canister connector hose to prevent gasoline from entering the canister when operating on inclines or over rough terrain
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
• A simple and lightweight CVT (continuously variable transmission) is fully automatic and keeps engine speed in the most efficient range for any selected vehicle speed, load or terrain
• Fully automatic transmission features easily selectable 2- or 4-wheel drive
• An open-sided drive pulley runs cooler for maximum belt life
• Belt deflection can be easily adjusted by changing the shim thickness of the adjuster bolt located on the outside of the driven converter
• A die-cast aluminum belt converter has high silicon content for light weight, excellent toughness and maximum durability
• The belt converter case is sealed to keep out contaminants
• A long-wearing ATV-style double cog CVT belt provides long wear and minimal maintenance
• The belt converter’s air cleaner cover uses a clip-type clamp for easy maintenance and a secure seal
• A maintenance-free sealed bearing between the front and rear driveshafts increases durability
• Locked mode provides maximum traction in difficult conditions
• Unlocked mode decreases turning radius and minimizes ground disturbance – great for use on grass
• Ackerman rack-and-pinion steering provides precise, accurate handling and a tight turning radius that enhances maneuvering its close quarters
• Rack-and-pinion system is durable, simple, easy to maintain and helps reduce tire wear
MacPherson Strut Independent Front Suspension
• MacPherson Strut front suspension serves-up a comfortable ride, excellent load-carrying capability and excellent terrain ability
• Simple, rugged single A-arm design provides a tight turning radius for extra maneuverability
Unit Swingarm Rear Suspension
• Unique design places engine and rear wheels on a sub-frame with a mid-point pivot that isolates vibration for a smooth ride
• MULE 610 4x4 XC’s rear end can handle heavy loads, yet provides a comfortable ride even with an empty cargo bed
• The front grille includes space for mounting a 3,000 lb capacity winch
• Compact, lightweight and easy to transport to the job, the MULE fits in the bed of a full-sized pickup
• Durable plastic body panels resist dents, and the MULE 610 4x4 XC’s Super Black finish is molded in for long-lasting good looks
• Fully meets SAE Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and FMVSS 216
• Speed electronically limited to 25 mph
• The front hood opens up to reveal 12.6 gallons of sealed storage space
• A passenger side glove box is perfect for small item storage
• Cup holders located at each side of the front hood by the dash keep hydration close at hand
Tilting Cargo Bed
• A steel cargo bed covered in non-slip paint can carry up to 400 lb, and tilts for maintenance and cleaning.
• A Teryx®-style tailgate with simple release mechanisms makes loading and unloading easy.
• A crankcase oil-level dipstick and dual-element air cleaner make maintaining the MULE 610 4x4 XC quick and convenient
• An automotive-style dash featuresfunctional easy-reach controls
• A standard-equipment hour meter makes maintenance intervals easy to track
• Fuel gauge and oil temperature warning light keep track of essential fluids
• Gear selector for High, Low, Neutral and Reverse very user-friendly
• A differential locking lever and convenient parking brake are simple to find and operate
• Powerful and stylish 35w headlights let the work day continue after dark
Popular Accessory Items
• Under seat storage compartment
• Plastic Hard Top
• Snow Plow
|Engine||Four-stroke, fan-cooled single, OHV|
|Bore x Stroke||82 x 76mm|
|Ignition||Magneto and transistor|
|Exhaust||Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor|
|Transmission||Continuously variable transmission with high and low range, plus reverse|
|Final Drive||Shaft-driven selectable four-wheel drive, dual-mode rear differential|
|Top Speed||25 mph, governed|
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel||MacPherson strut / 3.1"|
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel||Unit swing axle, adjustable shocks / 3.1"|
|Front Tires||AT26 x 9R -12 Maxxis® tubeless|
|Rear Tires||AT26 x 9R -12 Maxxis® tubeless|
|Brakes||Four-wheel hydraulic drums, triple sealed|
|Fuel Capacity||4.1 gallons|
|Air Filter||Snorkel-type with two-stage dry replaceable element|
|Turning Radius||11.8 ft (differential unlocked)|
|Oil Filter||Automotive-type spin-on canister|
|Roll Over||Protective Structure (ROPS) This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement|
|Cargo Bed Dimensions (LxWxH)||41.1 x 35.4 x 9.6" / 8.08 cu ft|
|Cargo Bed Capacity||400 lb|
|Load Capacity||926 lb|
|Towing Capacity||1,100 lb|
|Lighting||(2) 35w headlights, and tail/brake light|
|Curb Weight||1,056 lb|
|Electrical||12V DC, 14 amp-hour battery, alternator|
|Instruments||Oil temperature meter, hour meter|
|Color Choices||Super Black|
|Warranty Kawasaki Strong||3 Year Limited Warranty|
|Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional)||12 or 24 months|
“The Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC model brings with it 26 inch Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 radial tires mounted with hard hitting treads which broaden the MULE’s track by 1.3 inches mounted on 12 inch wheels which in turn increases the ground clearance to 8.1 inches. It bring to life a 401cc fan-cooled overhead-valve engine coupled with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). You can start your Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC side x side in 2WD or 4WD and in forward (Hi or Low) or reverse gear, as long as the brake pedal is applied. It has a smooth ride thanks to the MacPherson strut front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering and can haul your gear easily up to a 400 pound capacity in the all-steel cargo bed.” ----- Motorcycle USA