2015 Kawasaki Teryx4
The Kawasaki Teryx4™ was designed to provide reliable off-road enjoyment for the whole family. The 2015 edition continues to lead the way with performance, power and handling that sets the benchmark in its class. Now more than ever, the entire family will be able to enjoy the smooth ride and long list of standard features on the Teryx4, making those rugged excursions more fun than ever!
After the 2014 model year’s complete engine and suspension refresh, the 2015 Teryx4 sees all of the top-shelf components continue to provide drivers and passengers with the highest level of performance available. Fox® Podium™ shocks at all four corners give the Teryx4 more trail-taming comfort than ever before,and its cutting-edge Electric Power Steering (EPS) system is proven technology that provides light, low-effort steering for navigating through the most adverse conditions with ease.
Continue reading for more information on the Kawasaki Teryx4.
2015 Kawasaki Teryx4
Engine:Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
2015 Kawasaki Teryx4 Key Features:
The 2015 Kawasaki Teryx4 side x side boasts 4-passenger seating with plenty of power, capability and legendary handling.
• Large 783cc digital fuel-injected 90-degree V-twin offers the best combination of power and efficiency, delivered exactly where a four-seat Side x Side needs it most. Even better... it does it all while delivering impressive fuel economy!
• Fox Podium shocks offer excellent sporty control and plush ride comfort
• Super-strong double-X frame design with integrated ROPS cage offers rigidity and durability for the Teryx4’s extra weight and higher carrying capacity
• Kawasaki engineering and construction that is visibly strong, with high-quality welds, large bearings, stout U-joints and a premium look that can only be found on Teryx® side x sides
• Electric Power Steering (EPS) system offers low-effort steering and extra damping at speed and in rough going
• Strong bodywork package offers good looks and extreme durability for the long haul, with scratch-resistant material used throughout
• Roomy interior lets the driver and three passengers stretch out, while ample cargo space means you can take along plenty of supplies and gear
• Relatively short wheelbase allows a tight 16.7’ turning radius (handy for close-quarters maneuvering) and the ability to climb over obstacles that would ground longer and lower vehicles
• Superb off-road ability, including high-grade Maxxis® Bighorn 26” tires on 12” rims, 11.1” of ground clearance, a 17-degree break-over angle
• Continuously variable transmission (CVT) and a centrifugal clutch offer sporty performance and the slow-speed throttle precision needed in tricky or slow-speed conditions
• Electronic three-mode transfer case is controlled by a handy cockpit switch and allows instantaneous changes from 2WD to 4WD and 4WD with differential lock for maximum traction situations
• Dual 200mm front discs and a sealed multi-plate rear brake system help provide stopping power
• Convenience features include latching doors, auto-style parking brake, roomy cargo area, full instrumentation, passenger hand-holds, over fenders for mud protection, easy-opening front hood for maintenance and much more
• Multi-function instrumentation offers the driver a host of important information, including speed, hour meter, fuel level and much more
• Kawasaki STRONG 3-Year Limited Warranty
2015 Kawasaki Teryx4 Key Features:
The Teryx4 side x side is designed and builtwith the strength to handle the rigors of four-passenger off-roading. Its 783cc V-twin engine delivers serious torque in the low-to mid-range, just where you need itin a four-seat Side x Side,and with impressive fuel economy, it’s also efficient. The 90-degree V-twin design is revered for its stump-pulling power, distinctive sound and easy-to-harness flexibility, making it the perfect powerplant for a machine like the Teryx4. It’s also supersmooth, with perfect primary balance that helps keep things comfortable for the driverand the passengers for the entire drive. It delivers instantaneous and controllable low-and mid-range response partnered with eye-opening hauling ability. In fact, Kawasaki’s engineers purposely gave the big V-twin optimum camshaft profiles and revised exhaust headers to deliver exciting power when ridden solo or with a single passenger, but alsoprovide plenty of torque for carrying more people or heavier loads.
A Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT),centrifugal clutch and a three-mode electronic Hi/Low-Range 4WD system that can be selected by rotating a dash-mounted switch to deliver optimum gearing and traction. Teryx4 feeds on technical terrain, thanks to its robust chassis and tight 16.7’ turning radius, which makes maneuvering in tight quarters a cinch.
Routing all that impressive and usable power to the ground is a CVT, centrifugal clutch assembly and an electrically selectable 4WD system that features instant-switch access to 2WD, 4WD and 4WD plus Front Differential Lock modes. The CVT is well known for its quick response and direct engine “feel” in sportier riding situations, where engine power is used to help control the chassis while turning and in rough conditions.
The key to the Teryx4’s tractability is its highly effective centrifugal clutch, which offers an extra degree of slow-speed precision and smoothness, which is ideal for tricky terrain where precise throttle inputs are key. The oil-bathed clutch design also contributes to extended CVT belt life by lessening shock and belt deflection.
The electronic 4WD system allows drivers toeasily select between three different drive modes to cover most situations: 2WD (light steering, great handling) for maximum sporty performance, 4WD delivers enhanced traction while keeping steering relatively light, and 4WD with Differential Lock for absolute maximum traction. A dash-mounted selector makes it easy to shift between these modes, and changes occur almost instantaneously, so the driver can concentrate on the fun, without worrying about the drivetrain. So whether it’s climbing a slippery and rocky uphill trail, negotiating a stream or just plain hauling down a wide-open two-track, the Teryx4 has an ideal drivetrain mode to handle it.
Electric Power Steering
It also offers the easiest, lowest-effort and mostprecise steering characteristics in all of four-wheeling, thanks to Kawasaki’s Electric Power Steering (EPS) system. EPS offers additional damping on straights, especially on rougher surfaces, as well as reduced steering kickback and bump-steer.
The key to the Teryx4’s light-steering performance comes from a Showa-built system that eliminates the traditional power-steering pump so steering inputs won’t put a drain on engine power. The system only works when the engine is running, so there is no battery drain. Input from vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance – more during slow-speed use, and less as speeds increase, just like a good sports car.
The tough foundation of the Teryx4 is the epitome of side x side strength. Its rigid, square-tube steel frame was designed by Kawasaki engineers using detailed computer analysis and loads of off-road testing to create its super-strong Double-X frame design, which features two X-shaped cross members that bridge the frame’s box structures from corner-to-corner for maximum strength and optimum durability. This sturdy frame is significantly reinforced by its certified Roll-Over Protective Structure (ROPS) which extends all the way out to the edges of the bodywork to maximize cockpit space and help shield the chassis and bodywork from damage.
This impressive package is enhanced with a wide-track/wide-body chassis that contributes to superb cornering characteristics. The wide track helps resist body roll during cornering and boosts its ability to cope with rough terrain at speed. The mid-ship engine placement also helps by centralizing the Teryx4’s centerof mass to reduce turning inertia and promote easy direction changes.
Large 26” Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires offer the type of ride comfort, control and traction you’d expect from a first-class side x side like Teryx4. Their construction and tread design helps maximize forward traction while optimizing response for aggressive cornering.
Teryx4’s shorter (compared to other four-seat Side x Sides) 85.7” wheelbase affords it a surprisingly small 16.7’ turning radius, which makes tight turns an easy affair on trails or in tight spaces. The unit’s substantial 11.1” of ground clearance helps keep it from bottoming when cresting an obstacle or ridge, while high approach and departure angles (79- and 65-degrees, respectively), reduce the possibility of smacking the front bumper when approaching a steep slope or scraping the tail when exiting one.
The Teryx4 independent suspension was already tough to beat, and the 2015 Teryx4 utilizes one of the best names in the high-performance suspension business, Fox. Kawasaki engineers collaboratedwith Fox to fit the Teryx4with the ultimate high-performance Side x Side shocks, fully adjustable for spring preload and 24-way compression damping, to tailor the ride to the terrain.
As always, Kawasaki and Fox incorporated a dual-mode design ideology so that the Fox Podium coil-over shocks provide everything from cruising comfort with four passengers aboard to sport-style bump absorption when driven solo or with a single passenger. It’s a difficult combination to getright, but Fox’s high-grade Podium shocks, which feature piggyback reservoirs to help maintain consistent damping, are more than capable of the task.
With all this performance and handling potential, consistent stopping power is a must, and the Teryx4 delivers! High-performance hydraulic discs up front using 200mm rotors gripped by dual-piston calipers offer exceptional feel and stopping power. The brakes are recessed within the wheels, protecting them from dirt, water and debris, while durable steel-braided lines help keep pedal feel crisp and progressive.
In back is Kawasaki’s unique sealed internal wet brake that features internal components that are completely sealed frommud, water, dust and debris, the result being ultra-reliable braking performance. The combination of powerful discs up front and the sealed system in back is ideal, and contributes once again to the Teryx4’s wide-ranging overall performance.
Hauling & Towing
The Teryx4 side x side also excels at all sorts of tasks, from hauling family to towing. Its sizable 17.9 x 47.6”, 250 lb capacity cargo box is8.7” deep, with a flatbottom that is big enough for a large cooler, several spare fuel cans, or other large objects. Four tie-down loops help secure cargo, and the rear wall is shorter in the center, to make it easier to load and remove items. Teryx4 featuresa standard 2” hitch receiver, and towing capacity is a substantial 1,300 lb with an optional draw bar.
Convenience & Styling
Convenience features include two DC power outlets – one in front, another in back – providing up to 120 watts of peak electrical power, while nearly eight-gallon fuel capacity and impressive fuel economy offer substantial range, enough for a long day on the job or trail. There’s also a convenientlylocated beverage holder for each of the four seats.
Those powerful and purposeful good looks start with a high-strength steel front guard and an aggressive looking hood that opens for ease of maintenance. The headlamp and fender design gives the Teryx4a no-nonsense look that says “sporty” and “functional” in the same breath. Accessing the front suspension, coolant reservoir, air filter and electrical equipment is easy,thanks to an easy-open front hood, which is part of a tough, rugged looking body package.
Unlike some competitors, Teryx4 features secure latching doors that are easy to use, look good, and offer a level of mud protection. Scratch-resistant bodywork and textured paint on the sturdy front guard and ROPS cage help keep the Teryx4 looking sharp for a good long time.
Passengers will enjoy riding in the Teryx4 during a long day, because it’s the most comfortable side x side in its class, by far. Its roomy interior gives the driver and passengers ample room to spread-out, with plenty of hip, shoulder and legroom.
This tough side x side’s high-backed bucket seats feature high-quality cushioning and cold-resistant seat material provide all-day plushness. When the going gets rough, the Teryx4’s three-point seatbelts offer a high degree of security to keep the driver and passengers in place. The adjustable front seats offer three positions in one-inch increments, while the rear seats are mounted slightly higher than those in front. Stadium-style seating provides rear seatpassengers a better view forward. Handholds integrated into the frame give passengers extra security, while shock absorbing comfort mounts and an anti-cinch feature on the seatbelts helps prevent over-tightening when the belts lock during sudden deceleration (or when the tilt sensor is activated).
Instrumentation is top-notch, and includes a multi-function electronic display that provides a ton of useful information:speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer and hour meter, clock, dual trip meters, 2WD/4WD indicator, front differential indicator light, parking brake indicator, water temp and fuelinjection warning indicators, reverse indicator light, etc. – everything you need to know.
Strength. Power. Comfort. Convenience. Hauling and towing ability. Reliability. Four seats. The Teryx model line has always beena pinnacle of off-road fun and function, and the 2015 Teryx4 represents the best of the best in Kawasaki Teryx performance, reliability and comfort.
Kawasaki Strong 3-Year Warranty
When you consider everything that has gone into the 2015 Teryx4, it’s clear there is really no competition for its overall excellence. But Kawasaki didn’t stop with simply building the best Side x Side in the world; they backed it up with the new Kawasaki Strong 3 Year Limited Warranty! It’s well known that the Teryx4’s premium engineering makes it long-lasting and dependable. Now, that peace of mind is enhanced with a factory-backed three-year warranty on every 2015 Teryx and Teryx4 side x side!
Strength. Power. Comfort. Convenience. Hauling and towing ability. Reliability. The Teryx model line has been a pinnacle of off-road fun and function since its inception, and the 2015 Teryx4 ushers in a new era inKawasaki side x side performance, reliability and comfort!
A large selection of Genuine Kawasaki Accessories is available through authorized Kawasaki dealers. As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages Side x Side drivers to drive responsiblyand to respect the environment.
Powerful Liquid-cooled 783cc V-twin Engine
• Large 783cc SOHC, four-valve-per-cylinder, digital fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin pumps out torque and power over a broad spread of the rev band, especially in the low- and mid-range, precisely where a four-seat Side x Side needs it.
• With impressive fuel economy, the 2015 Teryx4 goes farther than ever on one tank of gas
• Oversquare (85 x 69mm) engine dimensions and high-flow four-valve cylinder heads contribute to the Teryx4’s superb acceleration, low- and mid-range pulling power and overall engine flexibility
• 90-degree V-twin configuration offers perfect primary balance, resulting in low engine vibration and maximum comfort for driver and passengers
• Aluminum cylinders are electrofusion-plated for light weight and excellent heat dispersion – all of which add durability and reliability
• Valve timing, lift and ignition timing are optimized, as is the exhaust system, for a powerplant that pumps out ideal power for a four-person Side x Side
• Piston wall thickness, connecting rod bearing surfaces and crank journal surfaces are optimized for durability
• Engine can be started in gear as long as the brake pedal is depressed
• A heavy-duty liquid cooling system keeps temperatures under control in the harshest conditions, and provides long-term dependability
• Underhood snorkel air intake and massive air box feed the engine plenty of clean air while minimizing intake noise. Easy maintenance design promotes long engine life
• Paper air filter element offers plenty ofsurface area and excellent dust resistance
• Large-capacity radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for protection against mud and debris, while a large cooling fan increases cooling capacity, especially during slower going and while towing heavy loads
• Large-diameter cooling-system hoses maximizecoolant flow and overall capacity, while the coolant reservoir is located beneath the flip-up front cover for easy maintenance
• Engine weight is reduced via numerous advanced technologies, including lightened crank webs, rare earth magnet usage, a small generator, and paring excess material wherever possible
• An ignition cut-out helps preserve the brake system, by preventing driving while the parking brake is engaged
Digital Fuel Injection
• Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®) system offers excellent throttle response and automatically adjusts for changes in temperature and elevation for optimumperformance in a wide range of environments
• Teryx4’s DFI system is controlled by a 32-bit ECU and continuously monitors coolant temperature, air-intake temperature and pressure, throttle position, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle, to automatically provide the ideal amountof fuel via two 36mm throttle bodies, which include 12-hole fine-atomizing injectors, for extremely stable power delivery regardless of the conditions
• FI system permits easy engine starting at low temperature and utilizes an Automatic Idle Speed Control and Automatic Fast Idle function to help ensure smooth engine warm up
• The high-pressure fuel pump located within the tank features a unique reservoir chamber at the bottom of the pump to help ensure air does not leak into the fuel system
• Specific Teryx-sized throttle bodies, optimized ignition timing and fine-atomizing injectors maximize low- and mid-range torque as well as offer excellent response at higher rpm
Kawasaki Automatic Power-drive System CVT
• Featuring high and low ranges, plus reverse, this advanced and continuously variable transmission provides extremely direct engine feelalong with instantaneous acceleration from the centrifugal clutch
• Transmission uses a strong, high-grade belt designed to handle the output of the engine. The drive converter shaft is hard chrome-finished for added durability
• A large intake duct, located high to keep water and debris out, provides plenty of cooling air to the CVT
• Heat shielding on the exhaust pipe below the intake duct helps minimize CVT temperatures
Responsive Centrifugal Clutch
• The smooth centrifugal clutch is key to the Teryx4’s superior acceleration precision at slow and very slow speeds
• Centrifugal clutch is located between the crankshaft and CVT drive pulley, which eliminates CVT belt shock and contributes to optimal transmission performance
Selectable Four-wheel Drive / Locking Front Differential
• Selecting two- or four-wheel drive is as easy asrotating a switch located on the dash to quickly choose between 2WD / 4WD / 4WD+differential lock
• Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while a convenient dash-mounted knob allows the front differential to be locked to help boost traction in slippery conditions
Piggyback-Reservoir Coil-over FOX PodiumShocks and Sport-focused Suspension
• High-performance gas-charged FOX Podium shocks on all-four corners feature remote resevoirs and adjustable spring preload and 24-way compression damping for excellent fade-resistant performance in the toughest conditions
• 8” of front and 8.3” of rear wheel travel help provide a plush, controlled ride
• Independent rear suspension provides the bestpossible performance and handling over a wide-range of speeds
• The piggyback reservoirs on all-four shocks help reduce oil frothing under hard conditions by keeping the shocks cooler under strain
• A front torsion bar helps minimize body roll, maximizing chassis performance
Electric Power Steering (EPS)
• Electrically powered system reduces steering effort, especially at low speeds when turning effort is greatest
• Input from vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance required from the system’s motor
• Electric motor’s inertia reduces bump steer and kickback to the steering wheel caused by shocks to the wheels, resulting in a more comfortable and controlled ride
Stout Double-X Frame Design and Wide-body Chassis
• The super-strong double-X frame design bridges each of the boxed sections with cross members that significantly stiffen and strengthen the overall structure, adding durability and reducing flex
• Strong tubular steel cab framework meets SAE J1194,7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4 and 7.5 requirements as a Roll-Over Protective Structure (ROPS) and helpsprotect driver and passengers from trees, bushes and other overhanging obstacles, while alsolending extra strength to the double-X frame
• Steel guards protect the engine from rocks and other trail hazards
• Sport-focused suspension has optimized spring and damping settings for high-performance riding and a high degree of comfort with extra passengers
• Wide-body track promotes secure handling, especially at speed, yet turning radius remains surprisingly tight – 16.7’ – thanks to the Teryx4’s short, 85.7” wheelbase
• Short wheelbase offers other advantages, including a favorable breakover angle, which helps when Teryx4 side x side climbs over obstacles
• Chassis offers 11.1” of ground clearance, an ideal compromise between sport handling and the ability to clear tough off-road obstacles
• Frame design optimizes front and rear suspension lower A-arm lengths for precise handling and minimal geometry change throughout the suspension’s travel
• Engine and undercarriage guards provide maximum protection from rocks and debris
• Chassis and suspension serve up an ideal balanceof bump absorption, taut steering and ride comfort with one, two, three or four occupants
Underhood Snorkel Air Intake
• Underhood snorkel air intake and massive air box feed the engine plenty of clean air while reducing intake noise. Easy maintenance design promotes long engine life
• Paper air filter element offers plenty ofsurface area and increased dust resistance
• Dual front 200mm disc brakes gripped by rigid-mount 27mm twin-piston calipers provide powerful, fade-free braking and solid feel. To protect against damage and debris, the discs are tucked within wheel recesses
• Premium quality braided-stainless-steel lines provide excellent brake feel and consistency
• A sealed, oil-bathed multi-plate rear brake system provides maximum stopping power in almost any condition along with reduced maintenance due to its completely sealed design
• The sealed rear brake’s compact design contributes to excellent ground clearance
Large, 26” Maxxis® Tires
• 26” Maxxis tires developed specifically for Teryx side x sides provide outstanding traction in many different conditions
• Mounted on 12-inch rims, they are some of the largest tires available in the side x side category and provide outstanding rough terrain performance and obstacle clearance
Handy Cargo Bed
• Strong 17.9 x 47.6” cargo bed is both durable and plenty useful, especially with the extra passengers the Teryx4 can easily carry
• With a 250 lb capacity and standard cargo hooks, the Teryx4’s cargo bed helps carry quite a bit of gear, making the four-person Teryx4 massively functional
Comfortable Cockpit and Ergonomics
• With its massive passenger compartment, the Teryx4 provides plenty of shoulder and legroom
• Form-fitting high-back bucket seats (the front ones are three-way adjustable) and retractable three-point seatbelts (with a shock absorbing anti-cinch system) help provide a comfortable ride
• Rear seats are mounted higher than those in front, which helps passengers see clearly ahead and makes getting in and out much easier
• Roomy seating position makes the Teryx4 easier to get in and out of than other four-passenger sport Side x Sides
• Hand holds for front and rear passengers are standard, making it easier to climb in and out
• A drink holder for each seat is standard and helps keep occupants comfortable on long drives
• Padded sport-style steering wheel is positioned low for comfort
Multi-function Digital Display
• Standard on all models, the Multi-function Display includes a digital speedometer (mph or kph), clock, dual trip meters plus 2WD / 4WD / 4WD with differential lock indicator, water temperature and fuel-injection warning indicators, digital fuel gauge, hour meter, parking brake indicator, neutral, reverse and low oil pressure warning lights, and much more
• Strong thermoplastic olefin bodywork looks great and offers a scratch-resistant surface that’s capable of staying good-looking much longer than the cheap plastic bodywork offered by some competitors
• Four body colored doors offer easy access and an enhanced driving experience
• Fender extensions help keep flinging mud at bay
• Strong all-steel front guard helps protect the nose from brush, trail debris and minor impacts
• Forward-tilting front hood assembly offers quick access to the radiator and front suspension components for easy maintenance and suspension tuning
• Dual 35W headlights and 8/27W dual tail lights mean you’ll see and be seen
Range / Transportability
• Large 7.9-gallon (30L) fuel tank and excellent fuel efficiency provide campers, hunters and trail explorers the ability to get far, far away and back again
• Even with its wide track and big tires, the Teryx4 is compact enough to fit in the bed of most full-size pickup trucks
|Engine||Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin|
|Valve system||SOHC, four valves per cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||85 x 69mm|
|Fuel System||DFI® with two 36mm Mikuni throttle bodies|
|Ignition||TCBI with electronic advance|
|Transmission||Continuously variable belt-drive transmission w/ high and low range, reverse, and a wet centrifugal clutch|
|Final Drive||Selectable four-wheel drive with locking front differential, shaft|
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel||Dual A-arm with a piggyback reservoir coil-over FOX® Podium™ shocks, with adjustable spring preload and 24-way compression damping / 8"|
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel||Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with a piggyback reservoir coil-over FOX Podium shocks, with adjustable spring preload and 24-way compression damping / 8.3"|
|Front Tires||Maxxis 26x9-12|
|Rear Tires||Maxxis 26x11-12|
|Steering||Wheel/Rack & Pinion w/EPS|
|Front Brakes||Dual hydraulic discs with two-piston calipers|
|Rear Brakes||Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc|
|Fuel Capacity||7.9 gallons|
|Cargo Bed Capacity||249 lb, 47.6 W x 17.9 L x 8.7" H|
|Towing Capacity||1,300 lb|
|Lighting||(2) 35W headlights, (2) 0.24W tail light, 1.8W LED stoplight|
|Frame||Double-X reinforced design using large-diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel|
|Curb Weight||1,571.5 lb|
|Instruments||Multi-function digital meter with speedometer, fuel gauge, clock hour meter, odometer, dual trip meter and parking-brake indicator, R / N / P / 4WD, water temp and low-oil-pressure indicators|
|Color Choices||Super Black|
|Warranty||Kawasaki Strong 3 Year Limited Warranty|
|Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional)||12 or 24 months|