2015 Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo
The Kawasaki Teryx4™ Realtree Xtra® Green Camo is the pinnacle of hunting Side x Side performance and styling. It was designed with a genuine Realtree Camo color scheme to give owners an authentic experience while out enjoying their weekend hunting trips and adventures.
The 2015 Teryx4 Realtree Xtra Green Camo leads the way with performance, power and handling that sets the benchmark in its class. The entire family will be able to enjoy the smooth ride and long list of standard features on the Teryx4, making those rugged excursions more fun than ever!
Continue reading for more information on the Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo.
2015 Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo
Engine:Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
The 2015 Kawasaki Teryx4 Realtree Xtra® Green Camo side x side boasts 4-passenger seating with plenty of power, capability and legendary handling.
The 2015 Teryx4 Camo utilizes top-shelf components that continue to provide drivers and passengers with the highest level of performance available. FOX® Podium™ shocks at all four corners give the Teryx4 trail-taming comfort, and its cutting-edge Electric Power Steering (EPS) system is proven technology that provides light, low-effort steering for navigating through the most adverse conditions with ease.
2015 Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo Key Features:
• Large 783cc digital fuel-injected 90-degree V-twin offers the best combination of power and efficiency, delivered exactly where a four-seat Side x Side needs it most. Even better... it does it all while delivering impressive fuel economy!
• FOX® Podium™ shocks offer excellent sporty control and plush progressive ride comfort
• Super-strong double-X frame design with integrated ROPS cage offers rigidity and durability for the Teryx4’s extra passenger and higher load carrying capacity
• Kawasaki engineering and construction that is visibly strong, with high-quality welds, large bearings, stout U-joints and a premium look that can only be found on Teryx side x sides
• Electric Power Steering (EPS) system offers low-effort steering and extra damping at speed and in rough going and reduce driver fatigue
• Strong bodywork package offers good looks and extreme durability for the long haul, with scratch-resistant material used throughout
• Roomy interior lets the driver and three passengers stretch out, while ample cargo space means you can take along plenty of supplies and gear
• Relatively short wheelbase allows a tight 16.7’ turning radius (handy for close-quarters maneuvering) and the ability to climb over obstacles that would high-center longer and lower vehicles
• Superb off-road ability, including high-grade Maxxis Bighorn 26” tires on 12” rims, 11.1” of ground clearance, a 17-degree break-over angle
• Continuously variable transmission (CVT) and a centrifugal clutch offer sporty performance and the slow-speed throttle precision needed in tricky or slow-speed conditions
• Electronic three-mode transfer case is controlled by a handy cockpit switch and allows instantaneous changes from 2WD to 4WD and 4WD with differential lock for maximum traction situations
• Dual 200mm front discs and a sealed multi-plate rear brake system help provide secure stopping power
• Convenience features include latching doors, auto-style parking brake, roomy cargo area, full instrumentation, passenger hand-holds, over fenders for mud protection, easy-opening front hood for maintenance and much more
• Multi-function instrumentation offers the driver a host of important information, including speed, hour meter, fuel level and much more
2015 Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo Features and Benefits:
The Teryx4 Camo is designed and built with the strength to handle the rigors of four-passenger off-roading. Its 783cc V-twin engine delivers serious torque in the low- to mid-range, just where you need itin a four-seat Side x Side,and with impressive fuel economy, it’s also efficient. The 90-degree V-twin design is revered for its stump-pulling power, distinctive exhaust note and linear power delivery, making it the perfect powerplant for a machine like the Teryx4. It’s also super smooth, with perfect primary balance that helps keep things comfortable for the driver and the passengers for the entire day’s ride. It delivers instantaneous and controllable low- and mid-range response partnered with impressive hauling ability. In fact, Kawasaki’s engineers designed the big V-twin with optimum camshaft profiles and exhaust headers to deliver exciting power when ridden solo or with multiple passengers,but also provide plenty of torque for carrying more passengers or heavier loads.
A Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT),centrifugal clutch and a three-mode electronic Hi/Low-Range 4WD system, which can be selected by a dash-mounted dial, deliver optimum gearing and traction. Teryx4 feeds on technical terrain, thanks to its robust chassis and tight 16.7’ turning radius, which makes maneuvering in tight quarters a cinch.
The CVT is well known for its quick response and direct engine “feel” in sportier riding situations, where engine power is used to help control the chassis while turning and in rough conditions.
It operates in conjunction with the centrifugal clutch, which offers an extra degree of slow-speed precision and smoothness. This isideal for tricky terrain where precise throttle inputs are key. The oil-bathed clutchdesign also contributes to extended CVT belt life by lessening shock and belt deflection.
The electronic 4WD system allows drivers toeasily select between three different drive modes to cover most situations: 2WD (light steering, great handling) for maximum sporty performance, 4WD delivers enhanced traction while keeping steering relatively light, and 4WD with Differential Lock for maximum traction. A dash-mounted selector makes it easy to shift between these modes, and changes occur almost instantaneously, so the driver can concentrate on the fun, without worrying about the drivetrain. So whether it’s climbing a slippery and rocky uphill trail, negotiating a watercrossing or just plain hauling down a wide-open two-track, the Teryx4 has an ideal drivetrain mode to handle it.
Electric Power Steering
Easy, low-effort and precise steering are hallmarks of the Teryx4’s clever Electric Power Steering (EPS) system. The Showa-built system eliminates the traditional power steering pump found on most of the competition, so steering inputs don’t drain engine power, and because it is only active when the engine is running, there is no battery drain. Input from vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance – providing more during slow-speed use, and less as speeds increase, just like a state-of-the-art sports car. EPS offers additional steering damping in all conditions, especially on rough surfaces, resulting in reduced steering kickback, bump-steer, and less fatigue for the user.
The rugged chassis of the Teryx4 Camo is the epitome of Side x Side strength. Its rigid, square-tube steel frame was designed by Kawasaki engineers using detailed computer analysis and extensive off-road testing tocreate its super-strong Double-X frame design, which features two X-shaped cross members that bridge the frame’s box structures from corner-to-corner for maximum strength and optimum durability. This sturdy frame is significantly reinforced by its certified Roll-Over Protective Structure (ROPS) which extends all the way out to the edges of the bodywork to maximize cockpit space and help shield the chassis and bodywork from damage.
This impressive package is enhanced with a wide-track/wide-body chassis that contributes to superb cornering characteristics. The wide track helps resist body roll during cornering and boosts its ability to cope with rough terrain at speed. The mid-engine placement also helpsby centralizing the Teryx4’scenter of mass to reduce turning inertia and facilitate easy direction changes.
Large 26” Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires offer the ride comfort, control and traction you’d expect from a first-class Side x Side like Teryx4. Their construction and tread design helps maximize forward traction while optimizing response for aggressive cornering.
Teryx4 has a shorter 85.7” wheelbase (compared to other four-seat Side x Sides), which affords it a surprisingly small 16.7’ turning radius, making tight turns an easy affair on trails or in narrow spaces. The unit’s substantial 11.1” of ground clearance helps keep it from high-centering when cresting an obstacle or ridge. It has high approach and departure angles (79 and 65 degrees, respectively) to reduce the possibility of contacting the front bumper when approaching a steep slope or scraping the tail as you depart.
The 2015 Teryx4 utilizes one of the best names in the high-performance suspension business, FOX. Kawasaki engineers collaborated with FOX to fit the Teryx4 with the ultimate high-performance Side x Side shocks, fully adjustable for spring preload and 24-way compression damping, to tailor the ride to the terrain.
As always, Kawasaki and FOX incorporated a dual-mode design ideology so that the FOX Podium coil-over shocks provide everything from cruising comfort with four passengers aboard to sport-style bump absorption when driven solo or with a single passenger. It’s a difficult combination to getright, but FOX’s high-grade Podium shocks, which feature piggyback reservoirs to help maintain consistent damping, are more than capable of the task.
With all this performance and handling potential, consistent stopping power is a must, and the Teryx4 delivers! High-performance hydraulic discs up front using 200mm rotors gripped by dual-piston calipers offer exceptional feel and stopping power. The brakes are recessed within the wheels, protecting them from dirt, water and debris, while durable steel-braided lines help keep pedal feel crisp and progressive.
Kawasaki’s unique rear sealed internal wet brake features internal components that are completely sealed from mud, water, dust and debris. The result is ultra-reliable braking performance. The combination of powerful discs up front and the sealed system at the back contributes once again to the Teryx4’s wide-ranging overall performance.
Hauling & Towing
The Teryx4 Camo side x side also excels at all sorts of tasks, fromhauling family to towing. Its sizable 17.9 x 47.6”, 250 lb capacity cargo box is 8.5” deep, with a flat bottom that is big enough for a large cooler, several spare fuel cans, or other large essentials. Four tie-down loops help secure cargo, and the rear wall is shorter in the center, to make it easier to load and remove items. Teryx4 features a standard 2” hitch receiver, and the towing capacity is a substantial 1,300 lb.
Convenience & Styling
Convenience features include two DC power outlets – one in front, another in back – providing up to 120 watts of peak electrical power, while a fuel capacity of almost eight gallons and impressive fuel economy offer substantial range, enough for a long day on the trail. There’s also a conveniently located beverage holder for each of the four seats.
These powerful and purposeful good looks start with a high-strength steel front guard and an aggressive looking hood that opensfor ease of maintenance up-front. The headlamp and fender design gives the Teryx4a no-nonsense look that says “sporty” and “functional” in the same breath. Accessing the front suspension, coolant reservoir, air filter and electrical equipment is easy,thanks to an easy-open front hood – part of its tough, rugged body package.
Unlike some competitors, Teryx4 features secure latching doors that are easy to use, look good, and offer a level of mud protection. Scratch-resistant, Camo-themed bodywork and ROPS cage help keep the Teryx4looking sharp for a good long time.
Passengers will enjoy riding in the Teryx4all day long, because it’s the most comfortable Side x Side in its class, by far. Its superior roomy interior gives the driver and passengers ample room to spread-out, with plenty of hip, shoulder and legroom.
This tough Side x Side’s high-backed bucket seats feature high-quality cushioning and cold-resistant seat material provide all-day plushness. When the going gets rough, the Teryx4’s three-point seatbelts offer security to keep the driver and passengers in place. The adjustable front seats offer three positions in one-inch increments, while the rear seats are mounted slightly higher and inboard of those in front. Stadium-style seating provides rear seat passengers a better view forward. Handholds integrated into the frame give passengers extra security, while shock absorbing comfort mounts and anti-cinch seatbelts help to prevent over-tightening when the belts lock during sudden deceleration (or when the tiltsensor is activated).
Instrumentation is top-notch, and includes a multi-function electronic display has all the useful information: speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer and hour meter, clock, dual trip meters, 2WD/4WD indicator,front differential indicator light, parking brake indicator, water temp and fuel injection warning indicators, reverse indicator light, etc. – everything you need to know at a glance.
Strength. Power. Comfort. Convenience. Hauling and towing ability. Reliability. Four seats. The Teryx4 model line has always been a pinnacle of off-road fun and function, and the 2015 Teryx4 Camo represents the best of the best in Kawasaki Teryx4 performance, reliability and comfort.
Kawasaki Strong 3-Year Warranty
When you consider everything that has gone into the 2015 Teryx®, it’s clear there is really no competition for its overall excellence. But Kawasaki didn’t stop with simply building the best Side x Side in the world; they backed it up with the new Kawasaki Strong 3 Year Limited Warranty! It’s well known that the Teryx’s premium engineering makes it long-lasting and dependable. Now, that peace of mind is enhanced with a factory-backed full three-yearwarranty on every 2015 Teryx and Teryx4 side x side!
Strength. Power. Comfort. Convenience. Hauling and towing ability. Reliability. The Teryx model line has been a pinnacle of off-road fun and function since its inception, and the 2015 Teryx ushers in a new era in Kawasaki Side x Side performance, reliability and comfort!
A large selection of Genuine Kawasaki Accessories are available through authorized Kawasaki dealers. As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages Side x Side drivers to drive responsiblyand to respect the environment.
Powerful Liquid-cooled 783cc V-twin Engine
• Large 783cc SOHC, four-valve-per-cylinder, digital fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin pumps out torque and power over a broad spread of the rev band, especially in the low- and mid-range, precisely where a four-seat Side x Side needs it.
• With impressive fuel economy, the 2015 Teryx4 goes farther than ever on one tank of gas
• Oversquare (85 x 69mm) engine dimensions and high-flow four-valve cylinder heads contribute to the Teryx4’s superb acceleration, low- and mid-range pulling power and overall engine flexibility
• 90-degree V-twin configuration offers perfect primary balance, resulting in low engine vibration and maximum comfort for driver and passengers
• Aluminum cylinders are electrofusion-plated for light weight and excellent heat dispersion – all of which add durability and reliability
• Valve timing, lift and ignition timing are optimized, as is the exhaust system, for a powerplant that pumps out ideal power for a four-person Side x Side
• Piston wall thickness, connecting rod bearing surfaces and crank journal surfaces are optimized for durability
• Engine can be started in gear when the brake pedal is depressed
• A heavy-duty liquid cooling system keeps temperatures under control in the harshest conditions, and provides long-term dependability
• Underhood snorkel air intake and massive air box feed the engine plenty of clean air while minimizing intake noise. Easy maintenance design promotes long engine life
• Paper air filter element offers plenty of intake surface area and excellent dust resistance
• Large-capacity radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for protection against mud and debris, while a large cooling fan increases cooling capacity, especially during slower going and while towing heavy loads
• Large-diameter cooling-system hoses maximizecoolant flow and overall capacity, while the coolant reservoir is located beneath the flip-up front cover for easy maintenance
• Engine weight is reduced via numerous advanced technologies, including lightened crank webs, rare earth magnet usage, a small generator, and paring excess material wherever possible
• An integrated ignition cut-out helps preserve the brake system, by preventing driving while the parking brake is engaged
Digital Fuel Injection
• Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®) system offers excellent throttle response and automatically adjusts for changes in temperature and elevation for optimumperformance in a wide range of environments
• DFI system is controlled by a 32-bit ECU and continuously monitors coolant temperature, air-intake temperature and pressure, throttle position, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle, to automatically provide the ideal amount of fuel via two 36mm throttle bodies, which include 12-hole fine-atomizing injectors, for extremely stable power delivery egardless of the conditions
• DFI system permits easy engine starting at low temperature and utilizes an Automatic Idle Speed Control and Automatic Fast Idle function to help ensure smooth engine warm up
• The high-pressure fuel pump located within the tank features a unique reservoir chamber at the bottom of the pump to help ensure air does not leak into the fuel system
• Use-specific-sized throttle bodies, optimized ignition timing and fine-atomizing injectors maximize low- and mid-range torque as well as offer excellent response at higher rpm
Kawasaki Automatic Power-drive System CVT
• Featuring high and low ranges, plus reverse, this advanced and continuously variable transmission provides extremely direct engine feelalong with instantaneous acceleration from the centrifugal clutch
• Transmission uses a strong, high-grade belt designed to handle the output of the engine. The drive converter shaft is hard chrome-finished for added durability
• A large intake duct, located high to keep water and debris out, provides plenty of cooling air to the CVT
• Heat shielding on the exhaust pipe below the intake duct helps minimize CVT temperatures
Responsive Centrifugal Clutch
• The smooth centrifugal clutch is key to the Teryx4’s superior acceleration precision at slow and very slow speeds
• Centrifugal clutch is located between the crankshaft and CVT drive pulley, which eliminates CVT belt shock and contributes to optimal transmission performance
Selectable Four-wheel Drive / Locking Front Differential
• Selecting two- or four-wheel drive is as easy asrotating a switch located on the dash to quickly choose between 2WD / 4WD / 4WD with differential lock
• Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while a convenient dash-mounted knob allows the front differential to be locked to help boost traction in slippery conditions
Piggyback-Reservoir Coil-over FOX PodiumShocks and Sport-focused Suspension
• High-performance gas-charged FOX Podium shocks on all-four corners feature remote resevoirs and adjustable spring preload and 24-way compression damping for excellent fade-resistant performance in the toughest conditions
• 8” of front and 8.3” of rear wheel travel help provide a plush, controlled ride
• Independent rear suspension provides the bestpossible performance and handling over a wide-range of speeds
• The piggyback reservoirs on all-four shocks help reduce oil frothing under hard conditions by keeping the shocks cooler under strain
• A front torsion bar helps minimize body roll, maximizing chassis performance
Electric Power Steering (EPS)
• Electrically powered system reduces steering effort, especially at low speeds when turning effort is greatest
• Input from vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance required from the system’s motor
• Electric motor’s inertia reduces bump steer and kickback to the steering wheel caused by shocks to the wheels, resulting in a more comfortable and controlled ride
Stout Double-X Frame Design and Wide-body Chassis
• The super-strong double-X frame design bridges each of the boxed sections with cross members that significantly stiffen and strengthen the overall structure, adding durability and reducing flex
• Strong tubular steel cab framework meets SAE J1194,7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4 and 7.5 requirements as a roll-over protective structure (ROPS) and helps protect driver and passengers from trees, bushes and other overhanging obstacles, while also lending extra strength to the double-X frame
• Steel guards protect the engine from rocks and other trail hazards
• Sport-focused suspension has optimized spring and damping settings for high-performance riding and a high degree of comfort with extra passengers
• Wide-body track promotes secure handling, especially at speed, yet turning radius remains surprisingly tight – 16.7’ – thanks to the Teryx4’s short, 85.7” wheelbase
• Short wheelbase offers other advantages, including a favorable breakover angle, which allows the Teryx4 Side x Side to climb over obstacles without high-centering
• Chassis offers 11.1” of ground clearance, an ideal compromise between sport handling and the ability to clear tough off-road obstacles
• Frame design optimizes front and rear suspension lower A-arm lengths for precise handling and minimal geometry change throughout the suspension’s travel
• Engine and undercarriage guards provide maximum protection from rocks and debris
• Chassis and suspension serve up an ideal balanceof bump absorption, taut steering and ride comfort with one, two, three or four occupants
Underhood Snorkel Air Intake
• Underhood snorkel air intake and massive air box feed the engine plenty of clean air while reducing intake noise. Easy maintenance design promotes long engine life
• Paper air filter element offers plenty ofsurface area and increased dust resistance
• Dual front 200mm disc brakes gripped by rigid-mount 27mm twin-piston calipers provide powerful, fade-free braking and solid feel. To protect against damage and debris, the discs are tucked within wheel recesses
• Premium quality braided-stainless-steel lines provide excellent brake feel and consistency
• A sealed, oil-bathed multi-plate rear brake system provides maximum stopping power in almost any condition along with reduced maintenance due to its completely sealed design
• The sealed rear brake’s compact design contributes to excellent ground clearance
Large, 26” Maxxis® Tires
• 26” Maxxis tires developed specifically for Teryx side x sides provide outstanding traction in many different conditions
• Mounted on 12-inch rims, they are some of the largest tires available in the Side x Side category and provide outstanding rough terrain performance and obstacle clearance
Handy Cargo Bed
• Strong 17.9 x 47.6” cargo bed is both durable and plenty useful, especially since the Teryx4 can easily carry extra passengers who will need to stow their gear
• With a 250 lb capacity and standard cargo hooks, the Teryx4’s cargo bed helps carry quite a bit of gear, making the four-person Teryx4 extremely versatile
Comfortable Cockpit and Ergonomics
• With its massive passenger compartment, the Teryx4 provides plenty of shoulder and legroom
• Form-fitting high-back bucket seats (the front ones are three-way adjustable) and retractable three-point seatbelts (with a shock absorbing anti-cinch system) help provide a comfortable all day ride
• Rear seats are mounted higher and inboard than those in front, which helps passengers see clearly ahead and makes getting in and out much easier
• Roomy seating position makes the Teryx4 easier to get in and out of than other four-passenger sport Side x Sides
• Hand holds for front and rear passengers are standard, making it easier to climb in and out
• A drink holder for each seat is standard and helps keep occupants comfortable on long drives
• Padded sport-style steering wheel is positioned low for comfort
Multi-function Digital Display
• Standard on all models, the Multi-function Display includes a digital speedometer (mph or kph), clock, dual trip meters plus 2WD / 4WD / 4WD with differential lock indicator, water temperature and fuel-injection warning indicators, digital fuel gauge, hour meter, parking brake indicator, neutral, reverse and low oil pressure warning lights, and much more
• Dual high-intensity LED headlights and 8/27W dual tail lights mean you’ll see and be seen
• Genuine Realtree Xtra® Green Camo pattern
• Strong thermoplastic olefin bodywork looks great and offers a scratch-resistant surface that’s capable of staying good-looking much longer than the cheap plastic bodywork offered by some competitors
• Four body colored doors offer easy access and an enhanced driving experience
• Fender extensions help keep flinging mud at bay
• Strong all-steel front guard helps protect the nose from brush, trail debris and minor impacts
• Forward-tilting front hood assembly offers quick access to the radiator and front suspension components for easy maintenance and suspension tuning
• Dual 35W headlights and 8/27W dual tail lights mean you’ll see and be seen
Range / Transportability
• Large 7.9-gallon (30L) fuel tank and excellent fuel efficiency provide campers, hunters and trail explorers the ability to get far, far away and back again
• Even with its wide track and big tires, the Teryx4 is compact enough to fit in the bed of most full-size pickup trucks
|Engine||Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin|
|Valve system||SOHC, four valves per cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||85 x 69mm|
|Fuel System||DFI® with two 36mm Mikuni throttle bodies|
|Ignition||TCBI with electronic advance|
|Transmission||Continuously variable belt-drive transmission w/ high and low range, reverse, and a wet centrifugal clutch|
|Final Drive||Selectable four-wheel drive with locking front differential, shaft|
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel||Dual A-arm with a piggyback reservoir coil-over FOX® Podium™ shocks, with adjustable spring preload and 24-way compression damping / 8"|
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel||Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with a piggyback reservoir coil-over FOX Podium shocks, with adjustable spring preload and 24-way compression damping / 8.3"|
|Front Tires||Maxxis 26x9-12|
|Rear Tires||Maxxis 26x11-12|
|Steering||Wheel/Rack & Pinion w/EPS|
|Front Brakes||Dual hydraulic discs with two-piston calipers|
|Rear Brakes||Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc|
|Fuel Capacity||7.9 gallons|
|Cargo Bed Capacity||249 lb, 47.6 W x 17.9 L x 8.7" H|
|Towing Capacity||1,300 lb|
|Lighting||(2) 20.4 / 10.2W LED headlights, (2) 0.24W LED tail lights, 1.8W LED stoplights|
|Frame||D ouble-X reinforced design using large-diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel|
|Curb Weight||1,591.3 lb|
|Instruments||Multi-function digital meter with speedometer, fuel gauge, clock hour meter, odometer, dual trip meter and parking-brake indicator, R / N / P / 4WD, water temp and low-oil-pressure indicators|
|Color Choices||Realtree Xtra® Green Camo|
|Warranty||Kawasaki Strong 3 Year Limited Warranty|
|Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional)||12 or 24 months|
“The Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo brings the ability to blend into your environment a little bit closer with the Realtree Xtra Green Camo wrapping it from head to toe. It has the super-strong double-X frame design with integrated ROPS cage for a more durable ride while the Electronic Power Steering makes it easier to maneuver turns and corners. The Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo has a 16.7 foot turning radius and is difficult to get high centered with the shorter wheelbase.” ----- Motorcycle USA