2015 Suzuki KingQuad 500AXi
The rugged and reliable KingQuad 500AXi receives a few new changes that provides smoother acceleration, quicker throttle response, and a stronger feel in the mid-high RPM range. The front end of the quad gets a newer aggressive stance while side panel change allows you to easily check your oil level without removing any body parts.
Continue reading for more information on the Suzuki KingQuad 500AXi
2015 Suzuki KingQuad 500AXi
Engine:4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder
Over three decades, Suzuki literally invented the 4-wheel ATV. The Original Suzuki LT-125 established Suzuki as the First On 4-Wheels. The Suzuki KingQuad 500AXi carries on the tradition of performance that rules. Boasting the same advanced technology as the extraordinary KingQuad 750AXi, it’s engineered to help you cut the work day down to size - or conquer the toughest trails. The KingQuad 500AXi offers plenty of class-leading features and its fuel-injected 493cc engine gives it exceptional performance. Independent front and rear suspension. A QuadMaticTM CVT-type automatic transmission, locking front differential and a host of other impressive features place the KingQuad 500AXi at the front of the pack.
2015 Suzuki KingQuad 500AXi Features and Benefits:
• A powerful 493cc, SOHC, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine was designed for a wide powerband with strong top-end power. Its cylinder is canted forward for a lower center of gravity, reduced engine height and lower seat height. The engine also features a counterbalancer shaft for smooth operation.
• The KingQuad 500AXi has a compact 4-valve cylinder head with large intake valves and straight intake ports for increased cylinder charging efficiency. A sportbike-derived chain-and-gear camshaft drive system allows a short/narrow cylinder head design and reduced overall engine height.
• A lightweight aluminum cylinder bore is electro-plated with Suzuki’s own race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for improved heat transfer and tighter piston clearance.
• A high capacity aluminum radiator with large diameter cooling fan provides stable engine operating temperature.
• The KingQuad 500AXi comes with a QuadMatic™ CVT-type automatic transmission designed for maximum versatility and convenience with a fender-mounted gate-type shifter operation for high/low. Its advanced engine-braking system minimizes free-wheeling with the throttle off and helps control the vehicle during steep descents.
• A compact torque-sensing limited-slip front differential offers more powerful traction plus light steering effort. A differential-lock system provides serious four-wheel-drive traction.
• A convenient handlebar-mounted push-button controls allow the rider to easily select between 2WD, 4WD and differential-lock 4WD to get the right setting for any traction condition. An Override switch on the left handlebars can be used to override the normal speed limiter when stuck in the mud.
• Independent double A-arm front suspension (7.1 inches of wheel travel) includes large diameter shock absorbers with 5-way spring preload adjustment.
• Fully independent, A-arm/I-beam rear suspension with long suspension travel (7.9 inches of wheel travel), includes large diameter shock absorbers with 5-way spring preload adjustment and large diameter rear sway-bar.
• The KingQuad 500AXi has dual hydraulic front disc brakes. A sealed, multi-plate rear brake system, with a clutch-type design provides high durability, offers reduced unsprung weight, and is low-maintenance.
• 25-inch tires come mounted on heavy-duty steel wheels.
• Suzuki’s innovative and exclusive T-shaped seat with tapered design for rider mobility, plus thick padding for support.
• A polyethylene skid plate provides front-to-rear under carriage protection with minimal resistance over rocks and rough terrain. Durable plastic guards protect the front and rear half shafts.
• A winch-ready chassis with flexible tube routing comes standard (for wiring from the winch mounting space to under the seat).
• Digital instrumentation includes LCD readouts for speedometer, odometer, twin tripmeters, hour meter, clock, fuel gauge, driving range position and drive mode. LED indicator lamps for high, low, neutral, reverse and drive—2WD/4WD and differential-locked 4WD. LED indicator lamps for fuel injection and engine temperature.
• The KingQuad 500AXi offers distinctively-styled 30W multi-reflector halogen headlights, and compact 5/21W tail light and brake light.
• A high output magneto generator system and large 18-amp maintenance-free battery provides extra power.
• The KingQuad 500AXi comes with a large 4.6 gallon fuel tank, positioned for a low center-of-gravity. It includes a vacuum-operated petcock, ratchet-style fuel cap and convenient bar-type fuel gauge.
• A large 2.8 liter water resistant front storage compartment includes new easy-to-open/close screw-on cap.
• The KingQuad 500AXi comes with rugged steel-tube racks with wrinkle paint finish for increased durability and scratch resistance.
|Engine||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, OHC|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (CDI)|
|Fuel System||Suzuki fuel injection|
|Overall Length||2115 mm (83.3 in)|
|Overall Width||1210 mm (47.6 in)|
|Wheelbase||1285 mm (50.6 in)|
|Ground Clearance||260 mm (10.2 in)|
|Seat Height||920 mm (36.2 in)|
|Curb Weight||305 kg (672 lbs)|
|Transmission||CVT (V-belt), with high-/low-range, and reverse|
|Final Drive||Shaft drive|
|Suspension Front||Independent, double wishbone, coil spring, oil damped with five-way preload adjustable shock absorbers|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake, twin|
|Brakes Rear||Sealed oil-bathed multi-disc|
|Tires Front||AT25 x 8-12, tubeless|
|Tires Rear||AT25 x 10-12, tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||17.5 L (4.6 US gallons)|
|Color||Terra Green, Flame Red, Camo|
|Suspension Rear||Independent, double wishbone, coil spring, oil damped with five-way preload adjustable shock absorbers|
|Warranty||12 month limited warranty.|
|Price||$7,399 (Terra Green, Flame Red)|
“For 2015, Suzuki’s U.S. built KingQuad 500AXi utility ATV (starting at $7399) sees a few updates to help it run stronger for longer whether hauling hay bales on the ranch, or playing on the trail. Suzuki’s ’15 KingQuad 500AXi gets a new engine side cover which makes the oil fill more accessible. It also has a new four-valve cylinder head and fuel injector for smoother engine performance.” ----- 4wheeldirt
“Redesigned for 2015, the Suzuki King Quad 500 AXi moves to the top of the extremely competitive mid-cc utility ATV class. Starting with the compact 493cc liquid-cooled engine, Suzuki engineers incorporated a new, twin-spark-plug cylinder head for improved combustion efficiency. A multi-hole injector in the Suzuki fuel-injection system delivers a much finer spray, which further increases combustion efficiency.” ----- ATV Riders