2012 Yamaha Rhino 700 FI Auto. 4x4
It’s not the most eye pleasing ATV you can find in the market, but as far as versatility, value, and reliable performance are concerned, the Yamaha Rhino 700 FI Auto hods a back seat to no one.
True it’s name, the Rhino has all the tools that will provide you with an amazingly high level of comfort and ease, thanks to its powerful engine, Ultramatic transmission and long-travel four-wheel independent suspension.
The design of the Rhino isn’t going to win any styling contests, but it will give you a utilitarian purpose that very few all-utility ATVs can compete with. The Rhino has thick bucket seats and a long-travel suspension system that work together to provide the smoothest ride in the industry. For the 2012 model, the Rhino also gets a new steering heel with an adjustable seat, fully adjustable piggyback shocks, one-piece cast aluminum wheels, an injection-molded sun top, a Baja-inspired front carry bar, dealer-installed LED tail lights, a custom shift knob and black bed rails.
More than all the accessories, the Rhino also boasts a powerful 686cc liquid/oil-cooled, four-stroke engine that provides excellent power-to-weight ratio. The engine is then mated to a fully automatic Ultramatic
transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse, considered by people as is the most advanced drive system in the market today. As a Yamaha ATV, the Rhino also boasts of the company’s industry-exclusive three-position On-Command In/Out 4WD feature that allows riders to switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD—
all with the simple push of a button.
There’s no question that the Yamaha Rhino boasts of all-world reliability and durability, one that continues to set the standard for versatility, value and reliable performance among all ATVs on the market today.
2012 Yamaha Rhino 700 FI Auto. 4x4
Engine:liquid/oil-cooled, four-stroke engine
Transmission:fully automatic Ultramatic transmission
- 686cc engine puts out a broad powerband. Four-valve head with
9.2:1 compression bumps power and efficiency.
- Electronic fuel injection ensures peak performance in nearly all
conditions and elevations, along with instantaneous cold starts.
- Four-wheel disc brakes provide unsurpassed stopping power, and
the parking brake is super-convenient.
- Dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive with reverse taps into more pulling
power in low and more performance in high.
- Console-mounted dual-range (H/L/N/R) shift lever provides
positive Ultramatic transmission operation.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris, and a
hand-operated side cover drain is available in
- Specially designed full stainless-steel exhaust system features
aluminum heat shields and a screen-type spark arrestor for
superb power characteristics with minimum noise output.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator and oil cooler with fan-assist
delivers maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the
frame for optimal protection.
- Specially designed drive system air intake vent helps prevent
overheating and assists in keeping water and mud from entering
the drive case.
Chassis and Suspension
- Steel frame is lightweight and features outstanding durability
with superior rigidity for superb handling.
- Light, responsive rack-and-pinion steering features a fully sealed
steering column and double U-jointed steering linkage for smooth
operation and class-leading turning radius—even in 4WD.
- 12.1-inch ground clearance delivers maximum underbelly
protection while enhancing terrainability.
- Low-maintenance front shaft drive features gear case and
electronic servo-activated 2WD/4WD/Diff Lock via the
On-Command system. Direct rear shaft drive eliminates
the U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power
transfer at all rpm.
- Heavy-duty CV joint guards protect against rock and
- Standard center-mounted, heavy-duty 2-inch receiver-style
hitch can tow more than 1200 pounds.
- Tough, rotomolded doors keep mud, water and dirt on the trail
where they belong.
- Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 400 pounds of gear, with
a latch that opens from either side.
- Aggressive Maxxis tires offer great traction, longer life and a
- Equipped with two cup holders for even greater creature comfort.
- Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction LCD display with
speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status,
transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- Integrated, easy-to-read fuel gauge makes it easy to keep track
of your fuel supply.
- Large, specially designed seats are extra plush and supportive for
all-day driver and passenger comfort.
- Dual 30-watt multireflector Krypton bulb headlights with high/
low beams feature stylishly sleek cat-eye design; dual 5-watt/
21-watt tail/brake lights.
- Large, 7.9-gallon fuel tank allows for long rides.
- Maintenance-free battery provides power, even in cold weather.
- Under-hood, tool-free air filter is a snap to service.
- Cool, comfortable steering wheel and passenger grab handles.
- Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
|Model||YXR7FSPB; YXR7FBH; YXR7FBL; YXR7FBGR|
|Engine Type||686cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke;|
SOHC, 4 valves
|Bore x Stroke||102.0 x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 41mm|
|Ignition||32 Bit ECU|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with|
all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command pushbutton;|
3-way locking differential; 2WD,
4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone;5-way|
preload adjustment, 7.3-in travel
|Suspension/Rear||Independent double wishbone;|
5-way preload adjustment, 7.3-in travel
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Brakes/Rear||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tire/Front||AT25 x 8-12 NHS|
|Tire/Rear||AT25 x 10-12 NHS|
|L x W x H||113.6 x 56.6 x 73 in|
|Turning Radius||153.5 in|
|Ground Clearance||12.1 in|
|Fuel Capacity||7.9 gal|
|Dry Weight||1199 lb|
|Bed Capacity||400 lb|
|Towing Capacity||1212 lb|
|Instrumentation||Digital LCD multifunction display;|
speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour
meter, clock, fuel gauge and
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights|
& dual 21/5W brakelight
|Color||Sport Edition: Metallic Sandstone; Realtree|
AP Camo; Steel Blue; Hunter Green