2015 Yamaha Raptor 700
Once you’ve ridden the Raptor 700 there is no turning back. Its thrilling power and great handling give you new levels of excitement on various types of terrain. And once you’re hooked, this mighty ATV will transform your leisure time forever.
Continue reading for more information on the Yamaha Raptor 700,
2015 Yamaha Raptor 700
Engine:Liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke
Comfort Coupled With Performance
The gutsy 686cc 4-stroke engine comes with a series of new features that boost power for even faster acceleration. And with its reduced fuel consumption, the latest model takes you further between refills.
Riding comfort is enhanced with a new rear shock - and larger 22-inch front tyres give you precise steering and added control. Because when you take your fun seriously, you need the ultimate performer.
2015 Yamaha Raptor 700 Key Features:
• Aggressive styling makes the Raptor 700 look as menacing as it really is. The mighty Raptor 700 is ready to go whether the destination is the dunes, the trails or the track.
• Powered by our most potent big-bore Raptor engine ever – 686cc of liquid cooled, fuel-injected power. The engine produces big torque right off idle, transitioning into a fat mid-range and monstrous top-end.
• Big power and lightweight, a combination that makes any ATV rider take notice, is standard on the Raptor 700, with a hybrid steel aluminum frame and Controlled-Fill aluminum sub-frame and cast aluminum swingarm combining to produce a super-strong structure and the lightest ATV in its class.
• A thick comfortable seat provides excellent comfort while the dual counterbalancers, electric starting, and reverse keep things nice and civilized when needed, but when it comes time to pull the trigger the big-bore Raptor 700 stands tall.
• The YFZ inspired handling of the Raptor 700 is incredible to experience blasting through the woods. Thanks to the 9.1 inches of front travel and 10.1 inches out back, the trail bumps smooth out while the rider keeps things under control. With the combination of power, solid handling, and a great suspension this machine has to be experienced to be fully appreciated.
2015 Yamaha Raptor 700 Features and Benefits:
New for 2015:
• An increase in compression from 9.2:1 to 10.0:1 produces more power – resulting in increased engine performance.
• To further enhance engine performance for 2015, the cylinder head and piston have been redesigned, and valve timing and fuel injection mapping have been modified.
• New suspension settings enhance rider comfort and reduce bottoming.
• To optimize traction with the increased power a new front tire has been adopted.
• A new durable and long-lasting X-ring® drive chain is used to drive power to the rear wheels.
• Raptor 700R is Yamaha Diagnostic Tool-ready for improved serviceability.
• Forged lightweight piston, connecting rod and crankshaft in the 686cc engine are light and strong, for a hard-hitting, quick-revving powerplant that revs all the way to 9000 rpm. Dual counterbalancers keep it smooth.
• Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) means consistently excellent engine performance in a wide range of conditions, elevations and temperatures.
• Digital TCI w/32-bit electronic control unit controls fuel injection and ignition systems for consistent performance and fantastic throttle response.
• Reliable pushbutton electric start in any gear adds extra convenience.
• Race-bred five-speed transmission with reverse, along with Raptor 700’s monstrous powerband, means there’s a choice of gears in just about all situations.
• YZ-spec ratchet shifter ensures smooth, resistance-free shifting under power. Heavy-duty clutch features extra-sturdy basket and plates designed to harness the Raptor 700’s power.
• Easy-to-reach oil filter and tool-free air filter provide added convenience.
• State-of-the-art chassis combines a steel front section with an aluminum rear section and detachable subframe to create a super-strong structure.
• YZ-style piggyback rear shock gives 10.1-inch wheel travel along with preload adjustment.
• Twin aluminum-piston front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power. Discs are drilled, which helps reduce unsprung weight for excellent suspension compliance.
• Twin piston rear brake caliper for excellent stopping power.
• Handlebar-mounted flip-type parking brake lever.
• A new, high-performance front 22x10-9 and existing 20x10-9 rear Maxxis® tires with a specially designed tread pattern deliver superb, class-leading traction for razor-sharp handling in a variety of terrain and conditions.
• Lightweight aluminum wheels help enhance suspension performance by reducing unsprung weight.
• Race-inspired 45mm serrated foot pegs provide excellent boot traction.
• Controlled-fill aluminum subframe is light and strong. So is the composite front grab bar.
• Long, YZ-style seat allows maximum rider comfort and movement with superb sport-riding ergonomics.
• Multireflector 30-watt Krypton headlights set back in the front cowl add the perfect no-compromises sporting accent, and an LED taillight provides great visibility.
• Large-capacity, 2.9-gallon fuel tank and Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) mean more time on the trail between fill-ups.
• Thumb throttle lever has a smooth shape for a feel riders will appreciate, with less fatigue at the end of the day.
• The Raptor 700 is proudly assembled in the U.S.A., alongside Yamaha’s 4x4 and Side x Side utility vehicles.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||102.0mm x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 44mm|
|Transmission||5-speed w/reverse; wet multiplate clutch|
|Drive Train||2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric adjustment|
|Suspension / Front||Independent double wishbone and 5-way preload adjustment, 9.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Cast aluminum swing arm with preload adjustment, 10.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Brakes / Rear||Ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Tires / Front||Maxxis® AT22 x 7-10|
|Tires / Rear||Maxxis® AT20 x 10-9|
|L x W x H||72.6 x 45.5 x 43.9 in|
|Seat Height||32.7 in|
|Ground Clearance||9.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.9 gal|
|Wet Weight||422 lb|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 3.9/0.5W LED brakelight|
|Warranty||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Color||Team Yamaha Blue/White|