2015 Yamaha Viking
Thanks to its unstoppable character and versatile nature, the Yamaha Viking can tackle any terrain with poise. On top of that it also offers space for up to three persons and is packed with all is needed to keep you out if trouble in the toughest conditions.
The Yamaha Viking sports a 686 cc, liquid-cooled W/Fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves engine with Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI). The unit is combined with an electric starter and is mated on a Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt transmission with all-wheel engine braking. The engine is located under the cargo bed and can be easily accessed when the bed is lifted.
Once on board, you will find a convenient dash mounted parking brake, head rests and a digital instrument panel with a multifunction LCD display.
Prices start at $11,799.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha Viking.
2015 Yamaha Viking
Engine:Liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves
Transmission:Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt
Energy:Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
Top Speed:60 mph (Est.)
Top of its class in capability, comfort and convenience.
The Viking sets the standard, and beats the competition, with true three-person seating and class-leading capability and versatility in the widest range of conditions.
2015 Yamaha Viking Key Features:
• The all-new Viking is ready to conquer whatever comes its way with our most powerful 686cc, liquidcooled, fuel injected, SOHC power plant. This new engine delivers strong low-end acceleration and pulls hard through the rpm range to deliver excellent power delivery for getting the job done or when hitting the trails.
• The Viking features a large-capacity air intake system that improves overall engine performance. The air cleaner box is accessible from inside the cabin for improved serviceability.
• Ultramatic® transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and uses a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode and reverse.
• Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command® 4WD system lets you dial between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD.
• This true 3-passenger machine achieves driver and passenger comfort with a handhold, padded head rests, and 3-point seat belts for all riders. The superior seating position, adjustable driver’s seat, and the middle seat set back 5 degrees, provide unmatched comfort that all riders will appreciate. Yamaha’s proven electric power steering technology further reduces fatigue and strain on the driver.
• The chassis design includes a convenient pass-through floor for greater ease of on-board movement, making it possible to enter and exit the vehicle from either side. The rear cargo bed is made of steel and is designed for maximum load capacity.
2015 Yamaha Viking Features and Benefits:
• The Viking is equipped with Yamaha’s most powerful 686cc engine with a broad, usable powerband. Four-valve head with 10.0:1 compression delivers optimum torque for virtually any workload, and up to a 30% gain in fuel efficiency.
• Electronic fuel injection ensures peak performance in nearly all conditions and elevations, along with instantaneous cold starts.
• Large-capacity air intake system contributes to the engine’s overall power development.
• New air injection system burns the un-combusted elements in the exhaust, resulting in even further reduced emissions.
• Specially designed drive system air intake helps prevent overheating and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the drive case.
• Convenient dash-mounted gated shift lever (L/H/N/R) provides simple Ultramatic transmission operation.
• 11.8-inch ground clearance delivers maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
• Large diameter front and rear wheel disc brakes provide unsurpassed stopping power, and the dash-mounted parking brake is simple and convenient to use.
• Standard center-mounted, heavy-duty 2-inch receiver-style hitch can tow up to 1500 pounds.
• Tough, rotomolded doors help keep mud, water and dirt on the trail where they belong.
• Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 600 pounds of gear, with two simple, yet proven latching levers on the left and right for maximum durability. In the bed are four standard tie-down hooks to help make sure cargo is strapped down securely.
• Cargo bed can be unlatched and tilted from either side when needed for ease of unloading cargo.
• The engine is located under the cargo bed and can be easily accessed when the bed is lifted.
• Padded head rests are included and the middle seat is set back for both driver and passenger comfort. The pass-through floor provides on-board ease of movement for getting in and out of the vehicle from either side.
• Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
• Steel skid plate under the frame provides protection from rocks and ruts and helps prevent the Viking from getting stuck.
• Center hood access for battery and other electrical components ease maintenance.
• Latching glove box is included to store smaller items such as cell phones, wallets, etc.
• Dash-mounted parking brake for driver convenience.
• The Viking width is sized to help minimize row crop damage.
• Equipped with four in-dash cup holders for passenger comfort.
• Large, 9.7-gallon fuel tank allows for long rides.
• Under-seat, tool-free air filter is a snap to service.
• Proudly built Real World Tough and assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||102.0 x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; L, H, N, R|
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive|
|Suspension / Front||Independent double wishbone; 8.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Independent double wishbone; 8.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Brakes / Rear||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tires / Front||AT25 x 8-12|
|Tires / Rear||AT25 x 10-12|
|L x W x H||122.0 x 61.8 x 74.1 in|
|Turning Radius||177.56 in|
|Ground Clearance||11.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||9.7 gal|
|Wet Weight||1342 lb|
|Bed Capacity; L x W x H||600 lb; 36.6 x 54.7 x 12.2 in|
|Towing Capacity||1500 lb|
|Warranty||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Color Options||Steel Blue, Hunter Green w/Suntop, Red w/Suntop, Realtree® AP™ HD w/Suntop|
|Price||$11,799 (Steel Blue)|
|$11,999 (Hunter Green w/Suntop, Red w/Suntop)|
|$12,599 (Realtree® AP™ HD w/Suntop)|
"The Viking’s unique cab configuration allows for pass-through bucket seating and maximum headroom without sacrificing critical ground clearance. Automotive-style controls engage the 686cc engine, and Yamaha’s threeway On-Command® system, featuring 2WD, 4WD and 4WD with differential lock, is driver-controlled with an automotive-type rotary dial selector. Yamaha’s Ultramatic™ transmission with high, low and reverse has proven to be the industry’s most durable CVT system and provides the most natural feeling all-wheel engine braking." — Powersports Business