2015 SUN TRACKER BASS BUGGY 16 DLX ET
With the stability of pontoons, a walk-around deck to fish from, a live well, seating and storage options few fishing boats have, and a bimini top for days of rain or sun, Sun Tracker’s 2015 Bass Buggy 16 DLX ET has an additional advantage: an electric outboard. Although priced similarly to many other fishing boats of the same size, the 16 DLX ET doesn’t include one essential accessory, a trailer. But it has 16 feet by 7 feet of deck space that’s 100 percent usable for fishing, with almost no chance of being tossed willy nilly into the water by an errant boat or jet ski’s wake.
2015 SUN TRACKER BASS BUGGY 16 DLX ET
Horsepower @ RPM:6
The Bass Buggy 16 DLX ET is not a speed boat. Pontoon boats are inherently stable and the 16 DLX ET is no exception. It will rock, but it will recover more quickly than a monohull fishing boat of similar size. Its two form-enhanced, multi-chambered pontoons are 15 feet, 8 inches long, 24 inches in diameter and made from 0.80-inch thick 5052 marine aluminum alloy. Its German-built Torqeedo 2.0 electric motor provides power equivalent to a 6-horsepower gas engine; strong enough for a leisurely stroll to a favorite gunk hole or in waters where speed is regulated, but not enough to power out of a dangerous situation.
From the Captain’s Chair
The Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 16 DLX ET’s control console hides some of the boat’s storage space behind a curtain. Rocker switches turn on navigation lights and the on-deck courtesy lights that light the deck after dark. The trim switch for the Torqeedo Cruise 2.0 main motor and the trim indicator live on the port side of the console. The instrument package is simpler than that for a gas engine, since you don’t need to monitor things like oil pressure or exhaust temperature. Instead, the instrument cluster includes a battery-life gauge linked to Sun Tracker’s Battery Management System, to keep track of the boat’s lithium-ion battey. This monitors your rate of battery use and, when combined with input from a built-in GPS receiver, displays your speed and how much farther the current charge can take you at that speed. The console features a sport-style steering wheel with a 4-to-2 steering ratio. A tray behind the console’s tinted windshield provides a space to hold small items, such as extra flies or hooks; both drink and rod holders complete the console’s equipment.
From the Fishing Chair
The boarding gates open inward and have dual latches, Sun Tracker’s nod to the idea of small children accompanying their boating parents. Just forward of the console, there’s a forward-facing, bench-style seat whose cushions conceal the boat’s live well and the live-well-water shutoff valve. The seat has built-in grab bars and rod holders. Two folding fishing seats occupy the boat’s forward deck, for those times when you’ve tired of standing to take the fight to the fish. The bow is home to a built in trolling motor, a drop-down extension of the main engine.
When the fight moves toward the stern of the boat – or for those who don’t think that fishing is life — an L-shape lounge bench at the stern and the port side provides seating that helps relieve the rigors of the angler’s art. Well-cushioned and covered in UV-resistant fabric, the lounge seats conceal the majority of the boat’s storage under their cushions. Finally, Sun Tracker’s bimini top, with its stay-taut tie-down straps, is standard equipment and can cover the boat’s entire deck so that, rain or shine, the fishing can continue.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
• The Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 16 DLX ET is nearly unsinkable, because of the construction and foam-fill in the pontoons. The pontoons also give the boat a wider stance when faced with the light chop from the wake of passing or crossing boats.
• If you’re the first owner, the Bass Buggy 16 DLX ET comes with Sun Tracker’s 10-year bow-to-stern warranty and a lifetime limited warranty on the boat’s structural and deck systems. The warranty is transferable to the second owner. Owners after that are on their own.
• The Torqeedo motors require no winterization and don’t consume fuel directly, making the Bass Buggy 16 DLX ET a more environmentally friendly way to fish.
• The bimini no longer flaps, thanks to the tie-down straps.
• Unlike some conventional aluminum-hull fishing boats, a trailer’s not included in the sale.
• It can carry a total of seven persons, or a total of 1,400 pounds of people and gear, a lot more than the average fishing boat.
The Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 16 DLX ET is a 16-by-7 foot fishing platform with some amenities. It won’t win any races, but it may make you feel good because it’s all-electric, or it may make you feel good because it doesn’t require the kind of maintenance a gas- or diesel-fired outboard requires. The Sun Tracker warranty is always good. Even if you find it hard to get excited about a pontoon fishing boat, the boat offers advantages you won’t find elsewhere.
2015 SUN TRACKER BASS BUGGY 16 DLX ET Key Features:
- Backed by our 10+Life™ Warranty—the Best in the Industry
- Eco-friendly Torqeedo Cruise 2.0 R electric motor [6HP equivalent] for horsepower-limited lakes & waterways—or if you simply prefer a QUIET ride
- Perfect when access to fuel is a hassle: No fuel to pay for, tote or spill. No gas fumes or exhaust smell. No winterizing. Starts every time.
- Torqeedo lithium "smart" batteries w/multifunction display: battery charge status, speed, power consumption & remaining range based on integrated GPS info
- NEW fishing-friendly, easy-clean vinyl flooring throughout
- Helm console w/tinted windscreen, drink holders, vertical rod storage & closed storage below
- Forward-console seat w/grab handles & aerated livewell below
- Bow fishing platform w/2 fishing chairs
- 24" (60.96 cm) diameter high-buoyancy, multichambered pontoon logs
- Aft L-Lounge constructed w/marine-grade, UV-resistant upholstery (26-oz. base vinyl) & multiple densities of foam
- Dual-latching gates that open inward
- Color-keyed Bimini top w/protective boot and pull-down loops to keep fabric taut
2015 SUN TRACKER BASS BUGGY 16 DLX ET Standard Features:
Comfort, Convenience & Peace of Mind
- 10+Life™ Warranty: 10-year bow-to-stern warranty + limited lifetime structural & deck warranty + transferable to a second owner
- NMMA Certified
- Color-keyed 6’ (1.83 m) polyester Bimini top w/protective boot, easy-adjusting straps
- NEW pull-down loops on Bimini top straps help keep fabric taut for best appearance & reduced vibration
- Dual-latching gates w/finger guards & brightly finished heavy-duty hinges that open inward
- Gate stops/holders to keep gates secure in open position
- Navigation lights w/LED bow lights
- 4 mooring cleats
- Fire extinguisher
- Torqeedo battery-life gauge w/battery charge status, speed, power consumption & remaining range based on integrated GPS info built in to the Battery Management System (BMS)
- NEW sport steering wheel
- 4:2 ratio steering for responsive, easy turning
- Below-console storage space w/curtain
- Forward-console seat w/molded-in grab handles & below-cushion livewell w/shutoff valve
- Small items tray & drink holders
- Rocker switches
- Side-mounted controls w/trim
- Vertical rod holders
Construction & Exterior
- NEW fence graphics for 2015
- 24" (60.96 cm) diameter high-buoyancy multichambered pontoons w/wave deflectors & internal bracing for additional strength
- High-sheen fence finish for long-lasting good looks
- 1.25" (3.18 cm) anodized aluminum fence rails w/decorative styling
- Extruded anodized aluminum deck edging w/polished aft corner covers
- Stainless or coated corrosion-resistant fasteners
- 7-ply pressure-treated 0.75" (1.91 cm) deck w/Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Full-width heavy-duty extruded Z-bar deck supports that are thru-bolted to M-brackets
- Elevated fence panels for deck drainage & ventilation
- Sound- & vibration-deadening fence insulation for a quiet ride
- Box-beam all-aluminum transom for strength & longevity
- Black or Red fence color
- Protective abrasion-resistant wire wrap
- Water-resistant connectors
- Marine-grade, UV-resistant, top-coated upholstery w/26-oz. base vinyl & multiple densities of foam for ergonomic comfort & luxury
- NEW fishing friendly, easy-clean vinyl flooring throughout
- Aft L-lounge w/underseat storage compartments
- In-deck pedestal base for optional table
- Bow fishing positions w/2 removable fold-down fishing chairs
- Fishing chairs constructed w/all-composite seat frames & heavy-duty seats w/2-3/8" (6.03 cm) pedestals
- Port wheelchair-access gate
- Port side-mounted pull-out boarding ladder
- Forward-console aerated livewell w/padded cushion
- Environmentally friendly Torqeedo electric motor for power-restricted lakes & waterways
- Torqeedo lithium batteries w/redundant Battery Management System (BMS) featuring battery charge status, speed, power consumption & remaining range based on integrated GPS info
- Extended motor pod
|Max. recommended HP||6 HP|
|Fuel capacity (portable)||0.000 Gallons|
|Pontoon log length||15’ 8’’|
|Pontoon log diameter||24"|
|Pontoon log material||0.080 5052 Marine Alloy|
|Max. Person Capacity (U.S.)||7 Persons|
|Max. Person Capacity (Canada)||7 Persons|
|Max. person weight||1150 Lbs.|
|Max. weight capacity||1400 Lbs.|
|Approx. weight||1235 Lbs.|
|Package height||8’ 8’’|
|Package width||7’ 1’’|