2007 Baja 40 Outlaw
2007 Baja 40 Outlaw
The engine hatch opened on two electric screw jacks to a near-vertical position to allow superb access to the engines. The engines are installed with standard MerCruiser side-by-side mounts and L-angles thru-bolted to the stringers, while a four-point offshore mount with heavy-duty half-inch L-angles thru-bolted to the stringers was used to secure the front engine.
Now let me tell you about the engines! The Baja 40 Outlaw can be powered, pay attention, by three MerCruiser engines! Can you imagine the exciting speed obtained by a Triple MerCruiser 600 SCI with 600 hp? If you think that’s too much for you but you still want a triple engine you can chose from a 375 hp, 425 hp or a 525 hp engine. Now I get it! You like speed but not that much! Ok, it’s nothing to be ashamed of. In that case you can use the standard 425 hp twin engine or you can upgrade to the other two twin MerCruiser engines that Baja offers: the 525 hp one or the 600 hp engine. In any case whatever power option you chose you won’t regret it.
You made everyone turn their heads whit the sound of your engine when you started them, and together with the shiny red-and-yellow color scheme and speedy lines of the 40 Outlaw you’ll definitely be noticed when you leave the docs.
Baja’s proven bottom design works very well on the 40 Outlaw, a standard offshore 24 degree deadrise V-bottom with four strakes and a standard chine. The two inside strakes terminated well forward of the transom, while the outside strakes ran full length. The hull is made from laminated bi-axial hand laid fiberglass fabrics.
At this model Baja forgot the traditional deck and hull styling, the softer, gentler angles witch made it so famous? No, definitely they didn’t forgot nothing, they just design a hull that features a fully encapsulated interlocking stringer system to produce a stiff, rugged and forgiving structure.
The interior of the 2007 Baja 40 Outlaw is spacious enough to accommodate 8 passengers and provides sleeping capacity for 4 persons.
The cabin offers all the comfort you need for a couple of resting hours. Forward of the seats is a series of rectangular cushions over a berth area. You’ll find here large stowage compartments under the seat cushions in the lounge and berth, as well as a separate stowage locker. The cabin looks like a high tech room with plenty of light. In the forward area of the cabin is a large V-berth with privacy curtain and storage below. Further aft are two large bench seats and a small galley with refrigerator, stainless steel sink, and single-burner alcohol stove. There’s also an enclosed head which houses a porta potti.
The cockpit is a functional one with lots of space for all the passengers of the 40 Outlaw. The pilot and copilot seats are stout McLeod power bolster with pistol-grip handles in the rear corners. The other passengers can seat on two McCloud electric bolster seats and on the aft banch.
The helm is very well designed and can also be customized by the owner. Over here you’ll find three 5-inch Gaffrig tachometers and a single 100-mph Gaffrig liquid-filled speedometer. Plenty of Teleflex gauges will help you monitories your systems. Two panels of electrical switches keep everything within reach, and easy sight. The Gaffrig Platinum split shift throttle controls and the trim tabs and K-plane indicators allow for fine tuned handling and performance. The fact that the 40 Outlaw has no windshield will not obstruct your view.
Testing the 2007 Baja 40 Outlaw is a real pleasure. This boat cuts slalom turns in wind chop without a skip or hitch. It takes the curves at cruising speed so well you’ll think it is on rails. The steering torque is non-existent. The deep V hull is designed for delivering the best performance ride while traveling at high speeds so his boat can definitely reach a top speed of 100 mph with the right power package and the perfect weather conditions.
Testing the 40 Outlaw on a windy you will find that a 525 hp Triple MerCruiser® HP 525 EFI can deliver a top speed of 76 mph at 5000 rpm and a cruising speed of 43 mph at 3000 rpm with a range of 290 milles.
Baja’s 40 Outlaw is a boat you can count on to handle consistently well regardless of the water conditions. The 40 is one mean performance machine, the biggest, toughest model in Baja Marine’s famed Outlaw series.
The 40 Outlaw is the last boat of the Baja Outlaw series, series that delivers an innovative style, maximum performance, and exceptional quality. The Outlaw series is made up of :
- The 20 Outlaw – the first in the series, the 20 has trim controls on the steering wheel, abundant storage, and a powerful Clarion stereo system.
- The 23 Outlaw – the 23 focuses on the captain, with flip-up bolster seating and tilt steering. It also sports a sleek cabin in case of rain.
- The 26 Outlaw – this Outlaw delivers exceptional handling, with a squared-off transom, flat decks, and a generous cabin. The 26 will command attention at any poker run.
- The 30 Outlaw – speed and wind tunnel tested, the most stressful areas of the true, V-shaped hull of the 30 is specially reinforced with carbon fiber to give you maximum performance.
- The 33 Outlaw – with an enclosed head and a huge cockpit, the 33 offers the space you need to treat friends and family to a fast ride. This boat is available with up to 575 horsepower with twin MerCruisers.
- The 35 Outlaw – hydro and wind tunnel testing has produced a boat packed with power, style and attitude. The 35 Outlaw offers superior construction with carbon fiber for lighter weight, and sleek brushed aluminum in the cockpit.
- The 35 Outlaw Poker Run – Baja engineers use carbon fiber in the lay-up of this boat, which sheds 1200 pounds from the standard 35 Outlaw. The 35 Poker Run Edition sports custom painting, a fiberglass engine, and other special features that you must see to believe.
- The 40 Outlaw – the last of the Outlaw series, the 40 is the spirit of Baja. It has triple engine capacity to make jaws drop, and race ready bolsters. The 40 Outlaw combines comfort and speed with precision and control.
Bilge Pump, Automatic (500 GPH)
Carbon Monoxide Monitor
Carpet (40 oz.)
Cushion, V-Berth: Vinyl
Lighting, Indirect (2)
Seating, Bolsters: Electric Drop-Down
Seating, Couch (2): Face-to-Face
Seating, Rear Bench: w/Storage Below
Stereo, Performance System: (Clarion®) AM/FM/CD
Storage, Compartments: Overhead
Cup Holders, Jumbo: Stainless Steel
Dash Console, Fiberglass: (Custom) - Port & Starboard
Door, Cabin Entry: (Sliding & Lockable) - Acrylic
Floor Liner, Fiberglass: w/Textured Surface - Integral w/Deck
Headrests, Integrated: w/Air Intake
Steps, Molded: w/Foredeck Access
Storage, Anchor Locker
Storage, Side Panels
Stringer System, Interlocking Grid: Fully Encapsulated
Sundeck, Padded: w/Headrest, Electric Lift & Manual Release
Upholstery (34 oz.)
Compass, Electronic: w/Digital Read-Out
Controls, Performance: with Trim on Handle (Livorsi™)
Horns, Air: Flush-Mounted (Dual)
Hour Meters (2): Integrated into Tachometers
Instrumentation: w/Livorsi™ Gauges - Backlit Red w/Dimmer Switch
Isolated 12V Accessory Power System: (Includes Battery & Switch)
Steering Wheel, Custom: Black w/Satin Finish Spokes
Switches, Rocker: Engraved Illuminated Text
Accessory Panel: w/Circuit Breakers
Battery Trays (2): w/On/Off Switches
Safety Switch: w/Lanyard
425 HP (Twin): Twin MerCruiser® 496 Magnum HO/425 HP/Bravo X/Latham Steering/ K Planes
Bilge Pump, Automatic (1250 GPH)
Engine Mounts: Offshore
Hose Clamps: Stainless Steel
Lighting, 12V (4)
Fuel Tank: w/Electric Gauge - 296-Gal. - Stainless Steel Fuel Fill (Pop-Up)
Galley Package (DC): CO Monitor, DC Wired Refrigerator, Stainless Steel Sink, DC Switch Panel, Sink Light, 12V Receptacle
Head, Enclosed: w/Porta Potti and 12V Lights
Hull & Deck
Bonding, Plexus: w/Thru Bolts
Bow & Stern Eyes: Stainless Steel - Thru-Bolted
Bow Rail, Aluminum: Thru-Bolted (White)
Cleats, 8 in. Pull-Up: Stainless Steel
Drain Plug, Garboard: Transom (Brass)
End Grain Balsa Core Construction
Fasteners, Chrome-Plated: Stainless Steel
Grab Bars (3)
Graphics, In-Gel: 4-Color (Outlaw)
Hatches, Deck: White
Laminates, Bi-Axial: Hand-Laid
Latches: Stainless Steel
Rub Rail: w/Vinyl Insert - White
Vinylester Resin Barrier Coat
Windscreen, Venturi Integral: w/Deck
Propellers, Stainless Steel
Trim Tabs: K-Planes w/Mechanical Indicators
525 HP (Twin): Twin MerCruiser® HP 525 EFI/525 HP/Bravo XR/Latham Steering/K Planes - Opt
600 HP (Twin): Twin MerCruiser® 600 SCI/600 HP/Bravo XR/Latham Steering/K Planes - Opt
375 HP (Triple): Triple MerCruiser® 496 Magnum/375 HP/Bravo I/Latham Steering/K Planes - Opt
425 HP (Triple): Triple MerCruiser® 496 Magnum HO/425 HP/Bravo X/Latham Steering/K Planes - Opt
525 HP (Triple): Triple MerCruiser® HP 525 EFI/525 HP/Bravo XR/Latham Steering/K Planes - Opt
600 HP (Triple): Triple MerCruiser® 600 SCI/600 HP/Bravo XR/Latham Steering/K Planes - Opt
Air Conditioner: (AC/DC Galley Package Required) (Reverse Cycle)
Canvas, Cockpit Cover: (Sunbrella®)
Canvas, Trailering Cover
Carpet, Cockpit: w/Baja Logo
Control, Billet/Chrome: (Livorsi™)
Cushion, V-Berth: w/Bed Sham
Exhaust, Quick & Quiet Plus: (Corsa™)
Exhaust, Thru-Hull: w/Quick & Quiet II (Corsa™)
Fire Extinguishing System
Galley Package - AC/DC: 110Volt Microwave, GFI Outlet, Shore Power w/Waterproof Battery Charger, Cord & Galvanic Isolator, AC Switch Panel, AC/DC Wired Refrigerator, Stainless Steel Sink, Electric Stove, Hot Water, 12V Receptacle, DC Switch Panel, Spotlight, CO Monitor
Graphics, Full Color: Hull Sides only
Graphics, Full Color
Instrument Panel: (Livorsi™) w/Colored Bezels (Dark Violet, Orange, Yellow, Red, Chrome or Electric Blue)
Rub Rail: w/Stainless Steel Insert - White
Speedometer, GPS: Livorsi™ (Livorsi™ Gauge Panel Set or SST Pak Required)
Steering Wheel, Custom: (Carbon Fiber)
Steering Wheel, Custom Platinum: (Blue, Red, Purple, Orange or Yellow Accent)
Stereo, 6-Disc CD Changer
Stereo, Performance Plus System: Clarion® (Includes Dash Mounted Remote Control and Sirius Satellite)
Stereo, Remote Control
Stereo, Sirius Satellite Radio
Swim Platform, Extended: Aluminum - Colored (Red, Yellow, Dark Violet, Electric Blue, or Orange) w/Stainless Steel Bolt-On Ladder
TV/DVD: Flat Screen, Flip-Down
- Canvas, Cockpit Cover (Sunbrella®)
- Fire Extinguishing System
- Rub Rail w/Stainless Steel Insert - White
- Instrument Panel (Livorsi™) w/Colored Bezels (Dark Violet, Orange, Yellow, Red or Electric Blue)
- Steering Wheel, Custom Platinum (Blue, Red, Purple, Orange or Yellow Accent)
Length: 40 ft. & 6 in. (12.34 m)
Length w/Swim Platform: 42 ft. 7 in. (12.98 m)
Beam: 8 ft. & 6 in. (2.59 m)
Weight Twin Engine: 9,300 lb (4,218.4 kg)
Weight Triple Engine: 12,000 lb (5,443.2 kg)
Draft Twin: 40 in. (101.60 cm)
Draft Triple: 46 in. (116.84 cm)
Deadrise at Transom: 24 degrees
Fuel Capacity: 296 gal (1,120.4 l)
Passenger Capacity: 8
Sleeping Capacity: 4
- 425 HP (Twin): Twin MerCruiser® 496 Magnum HO/425 HP/Bravo X/Latham Steering/K Planes
- 525 HP (Twin): Twin MerCruiser® HP 525 EFI/525 HP/Bravo XR/Latham Steering/K Planes
- 600 HP (Twin): Twin MerCruiser® 600 SCI/600 HP/Bravo XR/Latham Steering/K Planes
- 375 HP (Triple): Triple MerCruiser® 496 Magnum/375 HP/Bravo I/Latham Steering/K Planes
- 425 HP (Triple): Triple MerCruiser® 496 Magnum HO/425 HP/Bravo X/Latham Steering/K Planes
- 525 HP (Triple): Triple MerCruiser® HP 525 EFI/525 HP/Bravo XR/Latham Steering/K Planes
- 600 HP (Triple): Triple MerCruiser® 600 SCI/600 HP/Bravo XR/Latham Steering/K Planes
Max. HP: 600 hp
Price: 240,077 USD