2018 Elan E3
Performance star.by Sulthoni, on
Following the new Elan design the new E3 was developed with both racing performance and cruising comfort in mind. The unique combination of T-bulb keel, twin-rudder steering and twin wheels, all rare features on a design of this size, really put her in the spotlight in her class.
This is truly a multi-dimensional sailing boat. Researched and developed for the most demanding needs, it is designed to be sufficiently easy to sail to carry the badge of a starter boat, yet it is sophisticated enough in its sailing qualities to convince passionate sailors, delivering them the performance and general scope they might expect to find in a much bigger and more expensive boat.
A unique combination of VOR70 inspired design and performance, combined with a generous cockpit and comfortable interior, the Elan E3 is definitely an exciting boat to sail.
2018 Elan E3
With a broad stern, chined hull, twin-rudder system and a spacious cockpit layout, all designed for best sailing efficiency.
With a broad stern, chined hull, twin-rudder system and a spacious cockpit layout, all designed for best sailing efficiency, the new Elan E3 just emulates the feel of a larger boat. Simply put, she delivers exuberant performance with such ease, you will want to sail her harder, such as the level of control delivered by her chines and twin rudder arrangement. Elan E3’s T-bulb keel lowers the ballast centre of gravity significantly, again allowing a reduction of displacement for a given level of stability. A sparkling performance, but realized in a shorthanded crew context.
• Lower companionway for easier access down below and more safety.
• Genoa cars along the coachroof for optimum sheeting angle and safe passage forward.
• Recessed mainsheet traveller and two additional portlights in aft cabin for more light and air.
• Helmsman’s foot support for safe and comfortable steering when heeled.
• Retractable gennaker pole, optional in carbon for an enjoyable downwind sailing.
• Retractable cleats for a clean deck and more efficiency (standard on S3).
• Anchor locker with removable anchor roller, through-deck furler and access to the gennaker pole.
Elan E3’s bright and airy interior does not compromise when it comes to onboard comfort and cruising leisure.
The pure joy of sailing does not have to stop whilst moored. Elan E3’s bright and airy interior does not compromise when it comes to onboard comfort and cruising leisure. With a big, social saloon area with standing headroom, well equipped galley and comfortable cabins, the crew will enjoy every minute on this performance cruiser, especially as it will probably be among the first back on the mooring and secure the best space! But when racing calls again, the saloon, galley and cabin cabinets can be removed to save considerable weight (available as an option).
• Saloon features an extra wide forward cabin door and new elegant upholstery design.
• Elan E3 features a lower companionway for easier access down below, LED overhead lights and ergonomically positioned handrails.
• The L-shaped galley is well equipped and extremely functional.
• Ample space at the nav station, complete for all instruments.
• Plenty of storage space and a comfortable double berth.
• The head compartment features a wet locker with drain and ample storage.
|LENGTH OVERALL||9.25 m / 30’4’’ ft|
|HULL LENGTH||9.25 m / 30’4’’ ft|
|LENGTH AT WATERLINE||8.71 m / 28’7’’ ft|
|BEAM MAX||3.22 m / 10’7’’ ft|
|DRAFT (standard)||2.15 m / 7’1’’ ft|
|DRAFT (option)||1.90 m / 6’3’’ ft|
|1.50m / 4’11’’ ft|
|LIGHT DISPLACEMENT (mLCC)||3.986 kg / 8,780 lbs|
|BALLAST (standard)||895 kg / 1973 lbs|
|BALLAST (option)||1046 kg / 2306 lbs|
|1055 kg / 2326 lbs|
|WATER CAPACITY||140 l / 36.1 US gal|
|FUEL CAPACITY||45 l / 11.0 US gal|
|ENGINE (standard)||13 kW / 18 hp Volvo Penta|
|10 kW / 14 hp Yanmar|
|AIR DRAFT (incl. antenna)||15.90 m / 52’2’’ ft|
|MAINSAIL||30.15 m2 / 324’5’’ sq ft|
|JIB||23.47 m2 / 252’6’’ sq ft|
|GENNAKER||75.00 m2 / 807’3’’ sq ft|
|I||12.25 m / 40’2’’ ft|
|J||3.58 m / 11’9’’ ft|
|P||12.05 m / 39’6’’ ft|
|E||4.13 m / 13’7’’ ft|
|BOAT DESIGN CATEGORY||CE A|
|DESIGN||Humphreys Yacht Design & Elan Design Team|