2012 Kawasaki Jet SKi Ultra 260LX
The 2012 Kawasaki Jet Ski Ultra 300X is the strongest model in its class. At its heart lies a supercharged and intercooled, four-stroke, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline four-cylinder, 1498cc, engine that cranks out an impressive power of 300 hp. The engine is fed by a generous 20.6 gallons fuel tank which is the largest in its class.
This strong engine is combined with a modern hull that draws inspiration from the race models, so you can expect to first class handling performances too.
The jet ski is also equipped with a useful Electronic Cruise Control system and the Smart Learning Operation (SLO) mode - a smart system especially developed for those who aren’t yet familiar with such a powerful scooter.
The 2012 Kawasaki Jet Ski Ultra 300X weighs 1040.8 lb. and its maximum storage capacity is rated at 60 gallons.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Kawasaki Jet Ski Ultra 300X.
2012 Kawasaki Jet SKi Ultra 260LX
The Eaton Twin Vortices Series (TVS) roots supercharger, introduced just last year on the 300X, features twin four-lobe rotors and offers an impressive performance compared to its supercharger peers. Roots-type superchargers are known as fixed-displacement units, which produce large quantities of boost at all rpm, even right off idle, for a flat torque curve and usable, step-free power across the rev range. That’s a good thing.
This supercharger is capable of smooth power delivery, due to its ability to channel compressed air through at a steady rate, instead of in waves, as other superchargers do. Mechanical losses are only 10 percent. A liquid-cooled intercooler helps keep the compressed intake charge cool, which stops power-robbing heat from sapping the system’s efficiency.
There’s more. Stong internal engine parts assist power production and help maintain the high level of reliability you’ve come to expect from Kawasaki Jet Skis. An efficient oil cooler helps minimize temperatures when the action gets really hot upstairs by sandwiching oil between two cooling jackets. The result is a staggering 300 horsepower.
The 300X’s array of futuristic electronics include a highly advanced fuel injection system controlled by a high-tech Electronic Control Unit (ECU), the “brain” of the entire system. The ECU not only commands the injectors and throttle bodies to route a precise amount of air/fuel mixture into the combustion chambers with help from the Electronic Throttle Valve (ETV) system (which converts throttle lever inputs into electronic signals that are then passed on to the throttle body), it also allows a host of other technologies.
These include a range of varied riding “modes” such as Fuel Economy Assistance mode (for maximum economy during slower going), one-touch 5 mph mode (for use in no-wake zones), the 300X’s handy Electronic Cruise Control system (for steady cruising speeds when touring) and the Smart Learning Operation (SLO) mode, which allows newer riders to become familiar with the handling and response of this Jet Ski at a more relaxed pace. The setup also includes a digital dash display called the Economical Riding Indicator that shows the rider when riding conditions are most efficient (such as at planing speed, where hull resistance is minimal).
- Supercharged and intercooled 1,498cc, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine
- Cast pistons with machine finishing for excellent durability
- Hardened nickel valves offer superior heat resistance and reliability
- 33.4mm intake and 28.3mm exhaust valves
- Two-layer oil cooler offers efficient cooling
- Large cam chain handles enhance engine power
- Reinforced crankcase adds to engine’s durability and reliability
- Heat-resistant plastic intake manifold for weight savings
- Optimum cylinder wall temperature is maintained by a check valve between the cylinder jacket and water muffler that shuts water flow off above 2,000 rpm, keeping the cooling water inside the cylinder jacket
- Precise power adjustments are easy with a throttle lever designed to prevent finger fatigue on longer rides
Electronic Throthle Valve With Cruise Control
- Electronic cruise control smoothly holds a set speed from 5 mph up to top speed
- Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) converts throttle lever input to an electronic signal that’s used to control the throttle valve via an electric motor for optimum throttle response and smoothness
- Redundancy in the system ensures control is maintained in case of failure
- One-touch 5 mph mode allows push button no-wake zone riding
- Fuel Economy Assistance mode allows maximum fuel efficiency when going slow
- Economical Riding Indicator mode can be viewed on a graph on the LCD info screen
- Eco Mode reduces and smooths engine performance while conserving fuel
- Class-shattering 300 horsepower for outstanding performance
- Strong, light, deep-V hull offers both stability and great cornering performance
- Massive, industry-leading storage capacity lets you bring your gear with you
- Largest fuel tank in class keeps the fun going longer
- Five-position adjustable handlebar accommodates a variety of riders
- Separate keys for full power operation and Smart Learning Operation
|Engine||Supercharged and intercooled, four-stroke, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline four-cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||83 x 69.2 mm|
|Induction||Eaton Twin Vortices Series roots-type supercharger with air-to-water intercooler|
|Maximum boost||17.0 psi|
|Maximum horsepower||300hp* * Horsepower measured in PS at the crankshaft under controlled conditions. Actual performance may vary.|
|Cooling system||Inducted water|
|Fuel System||Digital Fuel Injection|
|Ignition||TCBI with Digital Advance|
|Lubrication||Semi-Dry Sump system|
|Coupling||Direct drive from engine|
|Propulsion system||160mm jet pump, axial-flow, single stage|
|Impeller||Three-blade, oval-edge stainless steel|
|Overall Length||132.7 in.|
|Overall Width||47.0 in.|
|Overall Height||45.3 in.|
|Curb Weight||1040.8 lb.** Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)|
|Storage Capacity||60 gal.|
|Fuel Capacity||20.6 gal.|
|Oil Capacity||5.3 qt.|
JetSkier----"Stronger and more advanced internal engine parts assist power production and help maintain the high level of reliability you come to expect. Revised pistons, team with a pumped-up valve train that includes stronger, hardened- nickel valves with thicker stems, a beefier cam chain and reworked exhaust camshaft with revised lobe profiles and increased durability. According to Kawasaki the new pistons sit on the bore a few millimetres though, it uses the same type of piston rings. Cylinder temperature has been increased on the new 300X with smaller water jackets on the cylinder and by controlling oil temperature with a thermostat."