2007 Sea-Doo GTX Limited
As if the most fully-featured watercraft in the industry wasn’t already loaded enough, 2007 marks the arrival of another level of luxury: the 2007 Sea-Doo GTX Limited that has a sleek, sophisticated new look, ultra comfy new touring seat, and the usual amenities you’d expect from our top-of-the-line model.
2007 Sea-Doo GTX Limited
The 2007 Sea-Doo GTX Limited is powered by the biggest engine in the Sea-Doo range, the 215hp supercharged Rotax 4-TEC engine. This engine will get you humming along your favorite waterway at a good turn of speed, especially when you consider the 2007 GTX Limited is 50 lbs lighter than the 2006 version. Engine temperature is monitored via a closed loop cooling system that utilizes the PWC’s aluminum ride plate as a heat exchanger. This keeps the engine and its coolant at the ideal operating temperature. It does not use external water which means that it helps limit corrosion. This is of benefit to those who’ll use their craft in saltwater areas.
See-Doo prefers a supercharger because it’s driven by the engine itself, and therefore produces instant acceleration. The intercooler simply cools the air before going into the cylinders, increasing efficiency for even more power.
GTX Limited includes a “learning key” safety lanyard that limits the engine to around 5000 RPM, or about 35 mph.
While the engine may be big on performance, it’s certainly not big on sound thanks to Sea-Doo’s D-Sea-Bel sound reduction system. This system uses a combination of vibration absorbing components, foams and resonators to give you a quieter ride.
For 2007 Sea-Doo has refined the GTX Limited with a new facelift and ergonomic changes. The gauge console is raised for better visibility and a more aggressive appearance. Those that like to stand will appreciate the new wider and taller handlebars in addition to the tilt steering.
This watercraft has more posh features than any other model. Two of the most important ones are the portable Garmin GPS that clips into the glove lid and the built-in depth gauge that should help reduce the amount of sand and rocks sucked up into the pump when in unfamiliar waters.
At the deck everything is visible at a glance, with both analog and digital speed and tachometer displays, depth, fuel level, compass heading, and temperature always posted, important during high-speed evasive maneuvers, as are the dual rear-view mirrors.
The storage space of the Sea-Doo GTX Limited will definitely satisfy your needs. The jet ski has 53 gallon storage compartment: a removable tray on top, keeping important items close at hand, a small backpack lashed into the lid, and a removable soft-sided cooler, log book, safety package, and a watertight, crushproof dry box in the tray, although they could have made the dry box a bit bigger, it only fits a wallet, keys, and cell phone.
The GTX Limited is a joy to ride. The touring seat is comfortable and well cushioned, and the riding position has been further improved via a wider and higher handlebar set-up. The steering column is also tilt adjustable, so you can set yourself up for maximum comfort and adjustable mirrors increase the rider’s field of view.
The boat handles incredibly well and won’t hop around when you’re really on it. The craft is very easy to maneuver, plus the amount of storage is very helpful. You won’t even get wet unless you jump in the water or there is some serious chop! It performed like a dream. A digital information centre sits just forward of the handlebars and reports on 19 key operating features. The Off Power Assisted Steering System assists maneuverability while the Sea-Doo Learning Key system will allow novice riders to learn to ride with greater confidence and control.
The 2007 Sea-Doo GTX Limited can reach a top speed over 65 mph on a clear day and accelerated from 0 to 30 mph in just 1.9 seconds.
The GTX Limited has one problem: every time the craft is ridden in rough water the supercharger may blow up. I hope that See-Doe will fix this problem whit the next models.
The2007 Sea-Doo GTX Limited can offer you a weekend out of town or a shopping spree in Venice. No maters were you go the GTX Limited offers you a pleasant and powerful ride, and if the journey is the reward, you may never leave your GTX Limited.
- Speedometer (Information Center)
- Tachometer (Information Center)
- Fuel gauge (Information Center)
- Depth gauge (Information Center)
- Information Center (19 functions)
- O.P.A.S.™ system
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ (LK1 or LK2)
- Reboarding ladder
- Double density comfort hand grips
- New, wide handlebars
- Reboarding deck pad
- Watertight, removable storage bin
Limited Package (Std)
- Glove box with integrated GPS by Garmin
- Front and rear touring seats
- Waterproof cell phone case
- Removable dry bag
- Depth gauge (Information Center)
- Removable front tray
- Sandbag anchor
- Recessed cargo cleats
- Tilt steering
- Safety kit
- Mooring cable
- Supercharged 1494cc four-stroke, intercooled, Rotax SOHC with four valves per cylinder - 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable ultra-high performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- Multi-port fuel injection - Better control of exhaust emission and power at all RPM range to reduce emissions and reduces fuel consumption.
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ - LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph. LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 50 mph. Options are programmable by dealer.
- Chokeless starting - Simple, user-friendly starting.
- Closed-loop cooling system - Ensures the proper operating temperature at all speeds and improves corrosion durability.
- Water/air separator - Provides maximum airflow to engine and reduces water intrusion.
- Watertight digital ignition - Provides optimal energy for a consistent spark, ensuring maximum performance.
- RPM limiter - Protects engine from over-revving.
- Warning device - Warns operator of engine and exhaust overheating, engine management and system failure.
- Handlebar-mounted start/stop button - Engine starts and stops with single, user-friendly control button.
- Tips Over Protection System (T.O.P.S.™) - Protects engine in case of turn over.
- Sea-Doo Direct Drive propulsion system - Delivers optimum performance with the Rotax engine.
- Forward/neutral/reverse - Improves maneuverability especially around docks and trailer ramps.
- Aluminum stator vanes - Handle the high-performance engine without erosion.
- Replaceable urethane ring - Provides long impeller life, less mainwear tenance and maximum thrust.
- Dual automatic vacuum siphon pumps - Continuously remove water entering the engine compartment.
- Large diameter drive shaft with crowned spline design - Maintains engine and pump alignment at all operating speeds.
- Stainless steel impeller - Delivers improved acceleration, higher top speed and less cavitation.
Hull And Components
- Modified-V design - Ensures a smooth and comfortable ride in a variety of water conditions, and greater maneuverability.
- FRP construction - Strong, light and easy to maintain.
- Sponsons - For improved handling.
- D-Sea-BeI™ System - Sound reduction system for a quieter ride.
- Bumpers - Help protect watercraft from damage while tied to a dock or another craft.
- Bow and stern eyes - Designed for towing or securing the craft to a trailer or dock.
- Temporary docking loops - Provide access for quick tie-up.
- Carpeted footwells and deck pads - Offer extra comfort, non-skid surface and great looks.
- Double density comfort hand grips - Provide extreme hand comfort and greater looks.
- New, wide handlebars - Adjustable, with ergonomic design for ease of use and comfort.
- Reboarding platform - For easy and comfortable mounting of the craft in deep water.
- Floating safety lanyard - Stops engine in manual and emergency situations.
- Seat strap - Aids in reboarding from water and as a passenger handhold.
- Grab handle - For easy reboarding and as a passenger handhold.
- Built-in reboarding step - Grooved fold-down for easy reboarding.
- Removable, watertight storage bin - Provides dry storage for luggage and necessities with easy access.
- Extra-large storage compartment(s) - Abundant room for supplies on extended cruises.
- Glove compartment - Great place to store smaller items.
- Ski eye - Improved for easy and secure attachment of ski rope.
- Extended range fuel tank (15.9 US gal) - Provides maximum cruising and exploring range.
- Elevated fuel filler - Easy access and prevents water intrusion while refueling.
- Multifunction Digital Information Center - Reports 19 key operating functions: Fuel Level Low Fuel Level, Low Oil Pressure, Low Voltage, Hi Voltage, Tachometer, Overheat, Hour Meter, Maintenance Info, Speedometer, Compass, Error Codes, Check Engine, Lake Temperature, Depth Gauge, Sensor Check, Key (battery protection), Key (wrong key), L-Key.
- Dual drain plugs - Screw type design with built-in retainer for easy removal and installation.
- Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™)- Industry’s first digitally encoded theft-deterrent system.
- Adjustable mirrors - Increase field of view.
- Foam flotation - Ride with security and peace of mind. Meets or exceeds USCG standards.
- Operator’s guide, Instructional video and booklet - Informs you of boating regulations, care, maintenance and operating safety features.
- Off-Power Assisted Steering (O.P.A.S.™) - Assists steering during off-power, as well as off-throttle situations.
- Integrated handheld GPS by Garmin - Informs operator of precise location with maps and geographical coordinates.
- Depth gauge - Informs rider of water depth.
- Waterproof cell phone case - Keeps your electronics safe and dry.
- Removable dry bag - Keeps contents dry and converts to backpack when removed.
- Front and rear touring seats - Ergonomically designed for comfort and great looks providing seating for three.
- Recessed cargo cleats - Make docking your craft a breeze.
- Sandbag anchor - Provides an easy way to hold your boat in one position.
- Mooring cable - Easily ties your craft to dock.
- Organizer - Holds items securely under storage cover.
- Safety kit - Provides aid if the need arises.
- Tilt steering - Alters the steering angle for maximum ease and comfort.
- Watertight, removable front storage bin - Provides portable access to front storage items.
- Knee pad - For extreme comfort.
- BRP limited warranty covers the watercraft for one year.
Length: 130.3 in. (331.0 cm)
Width: 48.0 in. (122.0 cm)
Height: 47.2 in. (120.0 cm)
Weight (dry): 805 lbs (366 Kg)
Rider capacity: 1, 2 or 3
Fuel capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Storage capacity: 33.0 gal (125 l)
Type: 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine
Intake system: Supercharged with intercooler, 52mm throttle body
Bore x stroke: 100mm x 63.4mm
Compression ratio: 8.4:1
Cooling: Closed-loop cooling system
Fuel type: Premium unleaded
Propulsion system: Sea-Doo® Direct Drive
Jet pump: Aluminum, axial flow, single stage, large hub with 10-vane stator
Transmission: Direct drive, forward/neutral/reverse
Impeller: Stainless steel
Ignition: Digital inductive
Battery: 12 volt
Type: Modified-V, composite
Color: Cosmo Blue
Price: starts at 13,449 USD