2008 Sea-Doo RXP
Designed to shake off a rough day, the 2008 Sea-Doo RXP pinpoint handling lets you dig into every turn and pull off maneuvers that riders of a lesser craft couldn’t even fathom.
2008 Sea-Doo RXP
The 2008 RXP is powered by a 215 hp or 155 hp Rotax engine option and has an acceleration that demands you hold on tight, a leisurely cruise can quickly turn into a butterfly-inducing sprint. Of immeasurable value, the RXP’s “Learning Key” has been programmed to limit RPM’s and top speed. New and inexperienced riders will benefit from the reduction in power delivery.
One look at the 2008 RPX sleek, performance styling and burning up the water and only thing will be on your mind: SPEED!
The semi V design of the hull, the sleek lines, the crisp edges and slashing angles lend themselves toward aerodynamics. In turn aerodynamics lending itself to increased speed and fuel economy through decreased drag.
The ignition is permitted via the employment of the Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.) within the safety lanyard kill switch. Without this connection – that is specifically programmed for use with your Sea-Doo – it will not start.
At low speed or off-throttle operation, the O.P.A.S. system – another feature of the RPX – kicks in to insure adequate steerage remains available.
The digital information centre offers important information about 18 key operation functions for the RXP powered by the 155 hp engine and 19 key functions for the one powered by the 215 hp engine.
For those who are power hungry the 2008 Sea-Doo RXP offers everything they need to satisfy their hunger.
- Speedometer (Information Center)
- Tachometer (Information Center)
- Fuel gauge (Information Center)
- V.T.S. 
- Information Center (19 functions) 
- Information Center (18 functions) 
- O.P.A.S.™ system
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ (LK1 or LK2)
- Double density comfort hand grips
- Wide handlebars
- Reboarding deck pad
- Cut and sew seat
- Removable engine hatch
- Reboarding ladder - OPT
- 1494cc four-stroke, SOHC with four valves per cylinder
- 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable ultra-high performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- 155 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™
- LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph. LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 50 mph.
- LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph. LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 45 mph.
- Multi-port fuel injection - Better control of exhaust emission and power at all RPM ranges to reduce emissions and reduce fuel consumption.
- Chokeless starting - Simple, user-friendly starting.
- Closed-loop cooling system - Ensures the proper operating temperature at all speeds and improves corrosion durability.
- Water/air separator - Provides maximum airflow to engine and reduces water intrusion.
- Watertight digital ignition - Provides optimal energy for a consistent spark, ensuring maximum performance.
- RPM limiter - Protects engine from over-revving.
- Warning device - Warns operator of engine and exhaust overheating, engine management and system failure.
- Handlebar-mounted start/stop button - Engine starts and stops with single, user-friendly control button.
- Tips Over Protection System (T.O.P.S.™) - Protects engine in case of turn over.
- Sea-Doo Direct Drive propulsion system - Delivers optimum performance with the Rotax engine.
- Forward/neutral/reverse - Improves maneuverability especially around docks and trailer ramps.
- Composite/aluminum stator vanes - Handle the high-performance engine without erosion.
- Replaceable urethane wear ring - Provides long impeller life, less maintenance and maximum thrust.
- Dual automatic vacuum siphon pumps - Continuously remove water entering the engine compartment.
- Large diameter drive shaft with crowned spline design - Maintains engine and pump alignment at all operating speeds.
- Stainless steel - Delivers improved acceleration, higher top speed and impeller less cavitation.
Hull and Components
- Semi-V design - Ensures a smooth and comfortable ride in a variety of water conditions, and greater maneuverability.
- FRP construction - Strong, light and easy to maintain.
- Sponsons - For improved handling.
- D-Sea-BeI™ system - Sound reduction system for a quieter ride.
- Bumpers - Help protect watercraft from damage while tied to a dock or another craft.
- Bow and stern eyes - Designed for towing or securing the craft to a trailer or dock.
- Temporary docking loops - Provide access for quick tie-up.
- Carpeted footwells and deck pads - Offer extra comfort, non-skid surface and great looks.
- Reboarding platform - For easy and comfortable mounting of the craft in deep water.
- Wide handlebars - Ergonomic design for ease of use and comfort.
- Double density comfort hand grips - Provide extreme hand comfort and great looks.
- Floating safety lanyard - Stops engine in manual and emergency situations.
- Seat strap - Aids in reboarding from water and as a passenger handhold.
- Grab handle - For easy reboarding and as a passenger handhold.
- Extra-large storage compartment - Room for supplies on extended cruises.
- Removable engine hatch - Easily removed to allow expanded access during routine engine maintenance.
- Glove compartment - Great place to store smaller items.
- Extended range fuel tank (15.9 gal) - Provides maximum cruising and exploring range.
- Elevated fuel filler - Easy access and prevents water intrusion while refueling.
- Multifunction Digital Information Center - Reports 18 key operating functions [19 on 215]: Fuel Level, Low Fuel Level, Low Oil Pressure, Low Voltage, Hi Voltage, Tachometer, Overheat, Hour Meter, Maintenance Info, Speedometer, Compass, Error Codes, Check Engine, Lake Temperature, Sensor Check, Key (battery protection), Key (wrong key), L-Key, [V.T.S. on 215].
- Electric Variable Trim (V.T.S.) system [215 only] - Provides boat trim adjustments, maximizes acceleration and high-speed stability.
- Dual drain plugs - Screw type design with built-in retainer for easy removal and installation.
- Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™) - Industry’s first digitally encoded theft-deterrent system.
- External exhaust cooling flush attachment - Easily accessible and fits a common garden hose.
- Adjustable mirrors - Increase field of view.
- Foam flotation - Ride with security and peace of mind. Meets or exceeds USCG standards.
- Operator’s guide, instructional video and booklet - Informs you of boating regulations, care, maintenance and operating safety features.
- Off-Power Assisted Steering (O.P.A.S.™) - Assists steering during off-power, as well as off-throttle situations.
- BRP limited warranty covers the watercraft for one year.
Length: 121.0 in. (307.0 cm)
Width: 48.0 in. (122.0 cm)
Height: 46.6 in. (118.0 cm)
- RXP 215 HP engine: 792 lbs (359 kg)
- RXP 155 HP engine: 750 lbs (340 kg)
Rider capacity: 1 or 2
Fuel capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Storage capacity: 10.7 gal (40.3 l)
- 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine
- 155 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine
- RXP 215 HP engine: Supercharged with intercooler, 52mm throttle body
- RXP 155 HP engine: Naturally aspirated with 52mm throttle body
Bore x stroke: 100mm x 63.4mm
- RXP 215 HP engine: 8.4:1
- RXP 155 HP engine: 10.6:1
Cooling: Closed-loop cooling system
- RXP 215 HP engine: Premium unleaded
- RXP 155 HP engine: Regular unleaded
Propulsion system: Sea-Doo® Direct Drive
- RXP 215 HP engine: Aluminum axial flow, single stage, large hub with 10-vane stator
- RXP 155 HP engine: Composite/aluminum, axial flow, single stage, large hub with 10-vane stator
- RXP 215 HP engine: Direct drive, forward/neutral/reverse and electric V.T.S.™ (Variable Trim System)
- RXP 155 HP engine: Direct drive,forward/neutral/reverse
Impeller: Stainless steel
Ignition: Digital inductive
Battery: 12 volt
Hull and Components
Type: Semi-V, composite
Color: Viper Red/White/ Black
- RXP 155 HP engine option starts at 10,299 USD
- RXP 215 HP engine option starts at 11,599 USD