2008 Sea-Doo RXP-X
The new 2008 Sea-Doo RXP-X accelerates from 0 to 50 mph in 2.9 seconds enough time for you to forget about all your problems!
2008 Sea-Doo RXP-X
The RXP-X is powered by a 255 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine. The engine is the hair-raising combination of race-bred handling and a beefed up 255 hp Rotax engine, delivering the quickest acceleration ever offered on a PWC.
New for 2008, the RXP-X is an electrifying 2-seater that’s elevating the musclecraft category to a place once unimaginable.
Sea-Doo furthered the thrill with loads of race-inspired features like a newly designed handlebar, finger throttle, and seat, leaving you with a watercraft experience that’ll leave your heart pounding for days. Take a closer look at the features that have thrill seekers drooling.
The Closed Loop Cooling System of the RXP-X improves durability and keeps the engine at ideal operating temperature for maximum performance.
The innovative hull offers a smooth and comfortable ride in a variety of water conditions, and greater maneuverability, maneuverability improved by the Sponsons and the hull construction.
Elevating musclecraft to a whole new level, the 2008 Sea-Doo RXP-X jet ski is a new, electrifying two-seater that will offer you a water experience like no other!
- Billet finger throttle
- High performance V.T.S.
- X-traction footwell carpet and deck pad
- X-racing seat
- Speedometer (Information Center)
- Tachometer (Information Center)
- Fuel gauge (Information Center)
- Information Center (20 functions)
- O.P.A.S.™ system
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ (LK1 or LK2)
- Double density comfort hand grips
- Removable engine hatch
- Reboarding ladder (OPT)
- Supercharged 1494cc four-stroke, intercooled, Rotax SOHC with four valves per cylinder - 255 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable ultra-high performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- Multi-port fuel injection - Better control of exhaust emission and power at all RPM ranges to reduce emissions and reduce fuel consumption.
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ - LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph; LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 50 mph.
- Chokeless starting - Simple, user-friendly starting.
- Water cooled exhaust pipe - Regulates exhaust temperature.
- Closed-loop cooling system - Ensures the proper operating temperature at all speeds and improves corrosion durability.
- Water/air separator - Provides maximum airflow to engine and reduces water intrusion.
- Watertight digital ignition - Provides optimal energy for a consistent spark, ensuring maximum performance.
- RPM limiter - Protects engine from over-revving.
- Warning device - Warns operator of engine and exhaust overheating, engine management and system failure.
- Handlebar-mounted start/stop button - Engine starts and stops with single, user-friendly control button.
- Tips Over Protection System (T.O.P.S.™) - Protects engine in case of turn over.
- Sea-Doo Direct Drive propulsion system - Delivers optimum performance with the Rotax engine.
- Racing pump with high performance intake grate - Ensures that the inlet stays hooked up and fills the pump for maximum thrust even in the roughest conditions.
- Forward/neutral/reverse - Improves maneuverability especially around docks and trailer ramps.
- Aluminum stator vanes - Handle the high-performance engine without erosion.
- Replaceable urethane wear ring - Provides long impeller life, less maintenance and maximum thrust.
- Dual automatic vacuum siphon pumps - Continuously remove water entering the engine compartment.
- Large diameter drive shaft with crowned spline design - Maintains engine and pump alignment at all operating speeds.
- Stainless steel impeller - Delivers improved acceleration, higher top speed and less cavitation.
Hull and Components
- Semi-V design - Ensures a smooth and comfortable ride in a variety of water conditions, and greater maneuverability.
- FRP construction - Strong, light and easy to maintain.
- Sponsons - For improved handling.
- D-Sea-BeI™ system - Sound reduction system for a quieter ride.
- Bumpers - Help protect watercraft from damage while tied to a dock or another craft.
- Bow and stern eyes - Designed for towing or securing the craft to a trailer or dock.
- Carpeted footwells and reboarding deck pads - Offer extra comfort, non-skid surface and an aggressive diamond-plate pattern for additonal traction.
- Knee pads - For extreme comfort.
- Reboarding platform - For easy and comfortable mounting of the craft in deep water.
- X-handlebars - Allows rider to fine tune positioning when launching off large waves.
- Billet finger throttle with braided steel cable - Provides more comfortable throttle operation under demanding conditions.
- Double density comfort hand grips Provide extreme hand comfort and great looks.
- Floating safety lanyard - Stops engine in manual and emergency situations.
- X-racing seat - Low-profile seat allows rider to adjust body position for maximum leverage.
- Seat strap - Aids in reboarding from water and as a passenger handhold.
- Grab handle - For easy reboarding and as a passenger handhold.
- Extra-large storage compartment(s) - Abundant room for supplies on extended cruises.
- Removable engine hatch - Easily removed to allow expanded access during routine engine maintenance.
- Glove compartment - Great place to store smaller items.
- Extended range fuel tank (15.9 gal) - Provides maximum cruising and exploring range.
- Elevated fuel filler - Easy access and prevents water intrusion while refueling.
- Multifunction Digital Information Center - Reports 20 key operating functions: Fuel Level, Low Fuel Level, Low Oil Pressure, Low Voltage, Hi Voltage, Tachometer, Overheat, Hour Meter, Maintenance Info, Speedometer, Compass, Error Codes, Check Engine, Lake Temperature, Sensor Check, Key (battery protection),Key (wrong key), L-Key, V.T.S., V.T.S. Preset.
- High performance electric Variable Trim System (V.T.S.) - Provides pre-set positions for quick settings when adjusting boat trim, maximizes acceleration and high-speed stability.
- Dual drain plugs - Screw type design with built-in retainer for easy removal and installation.
- Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™) - Industry’s first digitally encoded theft-deterrent system.
- External exhaust cooling flush attachment - Easily accessible and fits a common garden hose.
- Adjustable mirrors - Increase field of view.
- Foam flotation - Ride with security and peace of mind. Meets or exceeds USCG standards.
- Operator’s guide, instructional video and booklet - Informs you of boating regulations, care, maintenance and operating safety features.
- Off-Power Assisted Steering (O.P.A.S.™) - Assists steering during off-power, as well as off-throttle situations.
- BRP limited warranty covers the watercraft for one year.
Length: 121.0 in. (307.0 cm)
Width: 48.0 in. (122.0 cm)
Height: 45.8 in. (116.0 cm)
Weight (dry): 795 lbs (361 kg)
Rider capacity: 1 or 2
Fuel capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Storage capacity: 10.7 gal (40.3 l)
Type: 255 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine
Intake system: Supercharged with external intercooler, 52mm throttle body
Bore x stroke: 100mm x 63.4mm
Compression ratio: 8.4:1
Cooling: Closed-loop cooling system
Fuel type: Premium unleaded
Propulsion system: Sea-Doo® Direct Drive
Racing pump with high: Aluminum, axial flow, single stage, performance intake grate large hub with 10-vane stator
Transmission: Direct drive, forward/neutral/reverse and high performance electric V.T.S.™ (Variable Trim System)
Impeller: Stainless steel
Ignition: Digital inductive
Battery: 12 volt
Hull and Components
Type: Semi-V, composite
Color: Hyper Silver
Price: starts at 12,999 USD