2008 Sea-Doo RXT
The 2008 Sea-Doo RXT comes with incredibly aggressive yet stable handling to slice up the water in ways that’ll certainly inspire jealousy among onlookers.
2008 Sea-Doo RXT
The 2008 RXT is powered by 215 supercharged 1494cc four-stroke, intercooled, Rotax SOHC with four valves per cylinder engine to blur your surroundings or blast through choppy conditions.
A supercharger forces air into the cylinders like a turbocharger, but without the delay common on turbochargers, giving the Sea-Doo immediate throttle response.
Looking at the 2008 RXT, it’s easy to see the resemblance with a muscle car. This resemblance is not obtained through applied decals, but by molded plastic trim that in many cases are integral to the design of the boat.
The modern gauges look cool and are functional, but Sea-Doo included their multifunction digital display with a host of additional information. Other features only found in personal watercraft of recent vintage include Sea-Doo’s digitally encoded security key, and the company’s “learning key” which limits the engine RPM for less experienced riders. This makes the RXT very rough in choppy water in the break in period, but once you’re off the learning key, it’s a whole new world. It handles better, accelerates better, and all out performs better.
Why looking for another 3-seater when you can have the versatility 2008 Sea-Doo RXT.
- Speedometer (Information Center)
- Tachometer (Information Center)
- Information Center (18 functions)
- O.P.A.S.™ system
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ (LK1 or LK2)
- Double density comfort hand grip
- Cut and sew seat
- Wide handlebars
- Reboarding deck pad
- Flip-down reboarding step
- Supercharged 1494cc four-stroke, intercooled, Rotax SOHC with four valves per cylinder - 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable ultra-high performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- Multi-port fuel injection - Better control of exhaust emission and power at all RPM ranges to reduce emissions and reduce fuel consumption.
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™ - LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph; LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 50 mph.
- Chokeless starting - Simple, user-friendly starting.
- Water cooled exhaust pipe - Regulates exhaust temperature.
- Closed-loop cooling system - Ensures the proper operating temperature at all speeds and improves corrosion durability.
- Water/air separator - Provides maximum airflow to engine and reduces water intrusion.
- Watertight digital ignition - Provides optimal energy for a consistent spark, ensuring maximum performance.
- RPM limiter - Protects engine from over-revving.
- Warning device - Warns operator of engine and exhaust overheating, engine management and system failure.
- Handlebar-mounted start/stop button - Engine starts and stops with single, user-friendly control button.
- Tips Over Protection System (T.O.P.S.™) - Protects engine in case of turn over.
- Sea-Doo Direct Drive propulsion system - Delivers optimum performance with the Rotax engine.
- Forward/neutral/reverse - Improves maneuverability especially around docks and trailer ramps.
- Aluminum stator vanes - Handle the high-performance engine without erosion.
- Replaceable urethane wear ring - Provides long impeller life, less maintenance and maximum thrust.
- Dual automatic vacuum siphon pumps - Continuously remove water entering the engine compartment.
- Large diameter drive shaft with crowned spline design - Maintains engine and pump alignment at all operating speeds.
- Stainless steel impeller - Delivers improved acceleration, higher top speed and less cavitation.
Hull and Components
- Modified-V design - Ensures a smooth and comfortable ride in a variety of conditions, and greater maneuverability.
- FRP construction - Strong, light and easy to maintain.
- Sponsons - For improved handling.
- D-Sea-BeI™ system - Sound reduction system for a quieter ride.
- Bumpers - Help protect watercraft from damage while tied to a dock or another craft.
- Bow and stern eyes - Designed for towing or securing the craft to a trailer or dock.
- Temporary docking loops - Provide access for quick tie-up.
- Carpeted footwells and deck pads - Offer extra comfort, non-skid surface and great looks.
- Reboarding platform - For easy and comfortable mounting of the craft in deep water.
- Wide handlebars - More ergonomic for ease of use and comfort.
- Double density comfort hand grips - Provide extreme hand comfort and great looks.
- Floating safety lanyard - Stops engine in manual and emergency situations.
- Seat strap - Aids in reboarding from water and as a passenger handhold.
- Grab handle - For easy reboarding and as a passenger handhold.
- Built-in reboarding step - Grooved fold-down for easy reboarding.
- Extra-large storage compartment(s) - Abundant room for supplies on extended cruises.
- Cut and sew seat - Comfortable room for three – permits spotter for watersports.
- Glove compartment - Great place to store smaller items.
- Ski-eye - Improved for easy and secure attachment of ski rope.
- Extended range fuel tank (15.9 gal) - Provides maximum cruising and exploring range.
- Elevated fuel filler - Easy access and prevents water intrusion while refueling.
- Multifunction Digital Information Center - Reports 18 key operating functions: Fuel Level, Low Fuel Level, Low Oil Pressure, Low Voltage, Hi Voltage, Tachometer, Overheat, Hour Meter, Maintenance Info, Speedometer, Compass, Error Codes, Check Engine, Lake Temperature, Sensor Check, Key (battery protection), Key (wrong key), L-Key.
- Dual drain plugs - Screw type design with built-in retainer for easy removal and installation.
- Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™) - Industry’s first digitally encoded theft-deterrent system.
- External exhaust cooling flush attachment - Easily accessible and fits a common garden hose.
- Adjustable mirrors - Increase field of view.
- Foam flotation - Ride with security and peace of mind. Meets or exceeds USCG standards.
- Operator’s guide, instructional video and booklet - Informs you of boating regulations, care, maintenance and operating safety features.
- Off-Power Assisted Steering (O.P.A.S.™) - Assists steering during off-power, as well as off-throttle situations.
- BRP limited warranty covers the watercraft for one year.
Length: 130.0 in. (331.0 cm)
Width: 48.0 in. (122.0 cm)
Height: 47.2 in. (120.0 cm)
Weight (dry): 815 lbs (370 kg)
Rider capacity: 1, 2 or 3
Fuel capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Storage capacity: 31.4 gal (118.9 l)
Type: 215 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax® 4-TEC® engine
Intake system: Supercharged with intercooler, 52mm throttle body
Bore x stroke: 100mm x 63.4mm
Compression ratio: 8.4:1
Cooling: Closed-loop cooling system
Fuel type: Premium unleaded
Propulsion system: Sea-Doo® Direct Drive
Jet pump: Aluminum, axial flow, single stage, large hub with 10-vane stator
Transmission: Direct drive, forward/neutral/reverse
Impeller: Stainless steel
Ignition: Digital inductive
Battery: 12 volt
Hull and Components
Type: Modified-V, composite
Colors: Silver Metallic or Viper Red/White/ Black
Price: starts at 11,799 USD