2007 Yamaha FX High Output
2007 Yamaha FX High Output
The Yamaha FX High Output offers all the high performance that you want from a waverunner. Yamaha implemented in the FX High Output the most sophisticated engine in the industry, the result of 20 years of sky jets building.
The FX High Output is powered by a 1052 cc four cylinder, four-stroke, 3-blade Stainless Steel impeller Yamaha 160 hp MR-1 engine. This powerful, clean and quiet High Output Yamaha Marine Engine boasts a better power-to-weight ratio than the competition. A high volume intake box with water repellent air filter, dry sump lubrication, and a corrosion protection system provides a long engine life.
The Yamaha FX High Output has a new deck design that makes the ski jet to look like a world-class sports car. The titanium and black color scheme looks fast, the molded front shroud and dashboard combination is characterized by smooth lines and graceful corners. The Yamaha Cruiser seat is padded and molded to support the hips. Combined with the handlebars and the raised foot chocks, the three-point contact system allows the driver to relax the legs, arms and lower back to reduce fatigue on those extended cruises.
On the dashboard you’ll find an analog speedo/tach, digital speed, time, and distance computer, air & water temp, and a digital compass. In addition a remote control security system allows the ignition to be locked and also controls Yamaha’s low RPM mode, reducing it by about 30%.
If you need storage space you’ll found it on the FX High Output: twenty six gallons of total storage including a cooler, rear-seat storage and, at the driver’s position, a glove box, and a waterproof compartment for your cell phone, wallet, and other important items.
The Yamaha FX High Output handles great. On perfect weather conditions it can reach a top speed of 58.2 mph at 10000 rpm. It responds wonderfully in turns and doesn’t bounce the rider when chopping the waves. Smooth, powerful, quiet, and solid that will be your impression after riding the FX High Output.
The Yamaha FX High Output is a versatile athlete on the water with the performance to satisfy both the serious enthusiast who seeks outstanding running performance and people who just want to share the joys of being on the water with their families.
- The FX™ High Output is powered by a high output Yamaha MR-1™ engine. This 1052cc four cylinder, four-stroke Yamaha marine engine delivers more power in a lighter package than any other full-size, four-stroke normally-aspirated watercraft in the industry.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Four individually adjustable throttle bodies, throttle position sensor (TPS) and intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The results are a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Independent Water-jacketed Exhaust Manifolds with Collector: Achieves high power while keeping noise and exhaust heat under control.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
Yamaha High Pressure Pump
- The FX™ High Output’s pump design could be the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin. Like the High Output MR-1™ engine, the new pump design also contributes to the FX™ High Output’s excellent power-to-weight ratio.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you cannot turn around easily.
- Quick Shift Trim System (Q.S.T.S.): Mechanically operated, this system offers instant change in the attitude of the watercraft while underway allowing for tighter turns or quicker acceleration on plane, as the rider prefers. Q.S.T.S. offers 24 degrees of total trim range.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
- The FX™ High Output was specifically designed to be ultra-light. Built from a high-tech SMC material, the FX™ High Output’s hull is not only the best-handling hull in its class, but its lighter weight adds to the FX™ High Output’s best-in-class power-to-weight ratio.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort. One of the driest hull designs in the industry.
- Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and stability.
- Five-step Adjustable Tilt Steering System: Allows the rider to adjust the steering column angle from 55 degrees to 35 degrees.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, battery voltage, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function and the industry’s only audible warning system.
- Industry’s First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha’s innovative remote-controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the FX™ High Output’s digital security system and all-new Low RPM Mode™ from up to 30 feet away.
- Low RPM Mode™: Also with the touch of a button on the remote transmitter, the top speed of the FX™ High Output is reduced by nearly 30 percent.
- Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the FX™ High Output without your permission.
- 27 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large 19.8-gallon cooler, rear storage tub and glove box.
- Comfortable Two-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support. The extra-long seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine and the cooler.
- Pneumatically-assisted Storage Compartment: Large 19.8-gallon front compartment, remote release lever and pneumatic lid support.
- Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry’s first self-draining beverage holders.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform with Retractable Reboarding Step: Provides a stable area for re-boarding.
- Dual Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Rated Horsepower: 160 hp
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 76 x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Ignition: Direct Ignition
Compression Ratio: 11.9:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electric Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 31° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
Pump: 155mm, High-Pressure Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 131.5 in. (3.34 m)
Width: 48.4 in. (1.23 m)
Height: 45.7 in. (1.16 m)
Seat Length: 66 in./56 in. (1.67 m/1.43 m)
Dry Weight: 827 lbs (375.1 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 18.5 gal (70 l)
Oil Capacity: 1.32 gal (5L)
Vehicle Capacity: 1, 2, or 3 person/529 lbs (240 kg)
Storage Capacity: 26.4 gal (100 l)
Hull Material: Ultra Lightweight SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
Color: Heat Red or Solar Yellow
Price: starting at 10,499 USD
Max. Speed: 50.6 knots (58.2 mph)