2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser High Output
The FX Cruiser High Output that has won a reputation among PWC users around the world for its well-balanced performance, comfortable ride and the look and feel of luxury now appears with more attractive new features.
2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser High Output
The 2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser High Output is powered by a 1052cc four cylinder, four-stroke Yamaha High Output MR-1™ engine, protected by sacrificial zinc anodes from harmful galvanic corrosion. An electronic switch protects the engine from unwanted water ingestion stopping it immediately if the waverunner becomes overturned.
The hull, the deck and the bulkheads of the 2008 FX Cruiser High Output is made from the revolutionary new NanoXcel™ material, material that makes this cruiser extremely light and easy to handle. The V shape hull increases the maneuverability, handling and comfort of the FX Cruiser HO.
Of course, you also get the other convenient amenities of Yamaha’s cruiser models like the analog meters, the multifunction instrumentation panel, pull-up cleats, the comfortable seat, 26 gal of storage and the reboarding step.
Riding the 2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser High Output you’ll find out that is “smooth fast” and turns as sharp as you can hold on and that the light hull improves a variety of riding situations, from cornering to out-of-the-hole acceleration.
With the 2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser High Output you’ll wish to have a nonstop summer holiday!
- The FX Cruiser® HO is powered by a Yamaha High Output MR-1™ engine. This 1052cc four cylinder, four-stroke Yamaha marine engine delivers more power in a lighter package than any other full-size, four-stroke normally-aspirated watercraft in the industry.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Four individually adjustable throttle bodies, throttle position sensor (TPS) and intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The results are a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- High Volume Intake Box: With water repellent air filter and flame arrestors.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and off throttle steering. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Independent Water-jacketed Exhaust Manifolds with Collector: Achieves high power while keeping noise and exhaust heat under control.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
- Direct injection: For more efficient combustion.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The FX Cruiser HO’s 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system: The three-blade stainless steel impeller is designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The FX pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you cannot turn around easily.
- Quick Shift Trim System (Q.S.T.S.): Mechanically operated, this system offers instant change in the attitude of the watercraft while underway allowing for tighter turns or quicker acceleration on plane, as the rider prefers. Q.S.T.S. offers 24 degrees of total trim range.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The NanoXcel Hull and Deck
- The FX Cruiser HO features the world’s first hulls and decks manufactured through the use of cutting edge nanotechnology. Yamaha’s new NanoXcel ultra-lightweight, high strength material reduces the weight of the hull, deck and liner by 25% and provides performance gains in acceleration, top speed and handling. Additionally, the NanoXcel material offers a shinier, gem-like finish which reduces surface tension on the water, providing a more nimble, responsive ride.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- Yamaha Cruiser Seat: Yamaha’s innovative Cruiser seat provides excellent comfort for the passenger and driver.
- Five-step Adjustable Tilt Steering System: Allows the rider to adjust the steering column angle from 55 degrees to 35 degrees.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, battery voltage, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self-diagnostic function and the industry’s only audible warning system.
- Industry’s First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha’s innovative remote controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the FX Cruiser High Output’s digital security system and all-new Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
- Foot Chocks - The foot chocks, along with the Cruiser seat and handlebars, create a three-point contact system that reduces tension on the driver’s arms and legs.
- Low RPM Mode™: Also with the touch a button on the remote transmitter, the top speed of the FX Cruiser High Output is reduced by nearly 30 percent.
- Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the FX Cruiser High Output without your permission.
- 26 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large 19.8-gallon cooler, rear storage tub and glove box.
- Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry’s first self-draining beverage holders.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform with Retractable Reboarding Step: Provides a stable area for reboarding.
- Dual Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 76 x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Compression Ratio: 11.9:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 31° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
Pump: 155mm, High-Pressure Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 132.7 in. (3.34 m)
Width: 48.4 in. (1.23 m)
Height: 48.8 in. (1.2 4m)
Seat Length: 66 in./56 in. (1.67 m/1.43 m)
Dry Weight: 783 lbs (355 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 18.5 gal (70 l)
Reserve Fuel Capacity: Not Applicable
Oil Capacity: 1.2 gal (4.5 l)
Vehicle Capacity: 3 person/ 529 lbs (240 kg)
Storage Capacity: 26.4 gal (100 l)
Hull Material: NanoXcel
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
Color: Platinum Metallic
Price: starting at 11,399 USD