2008 Yamaha FX High Output
If you were wondering what Yamaha could do to improve on a PWC masterpiece, the answer is the new 2008 FX High Output with a body built of the new super-lightweight construction material NanoXcel™ to make it the lightest machine in the full-sized three-seater category.
2008 Yamaha FX High Output
The combination of the ultra-smooth running and reliable high-performance 1052cc four cylinder, four-stroke MR-1 High Output Engine and a hull that delivers stable handling performance in a variety of different running conditions has set a high standard among personal watercraft.
The exciting FX High Output not only delivers massive propulsion power, but packs more engine-management technology into a watercraft engine than ever before.
With a lightweight, High Output engine, this Waverunner delivers explosive acceleration and segment-leading fuel economy.
Helping to deliver this stunning performance and economy of the 2008 Yamaha FX High Output is a new, super-light, super-tough hull and deck material called NanoXcel™ – a feature of all the latest FX models. The QSTS - Quick Shift Trim System, 18.5 gallons fuel capacity, huge watertight storage compartments, comfortable sports seat, beverage holders, handy re-boarding are good reasons to choose the FX High Output.
The high-strength, lightweight NanoXcel hull and deck reduces weight by 25% to create an enviable power-to-weight ratio. Adjustable trim lets you customize your ride without missing a beat. And performance sponsons improve handling and add stability.
You will find the 2008 FX HO to be well outfitted for a diverse range of marine sports and leisure with features like the sports type seat that enables greater freedom of sitting position for the rider and passenger, the rear platform and convenient reboarding step. If you are the kind who wants a multipurpose PWC equipped for cruising as well as a wide variety of marine sports, the FX High Output is a model designed just for you. You will also appreciate the sporty look of the analog meter panel and practical conveniences like the watertight storage, beverage holder and the large-capacity storage compartment.
When it comes to performance, the Yamaha FX HO has upped the ante – proving that the only way to lead the pack is to have the total package: speed, agility and handling. This WaveRunner holds nothing back delivering exhilarating performance for the extreme enthusiast.
Yamaha High Pressure Pump
- The FX™ HO’s pump design could be the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin. Like the High Output MR-1™ engine, the new pump design also contributes to the FX HO’s excellent power-to-weight ratio.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you cannot turn around easily.
- Quick Shift Trim System (Q.S.T.S.): Mechanically operated, this system offers instant change in the attitude of the watercraft while underway allowing for tighter turns or quicker acceleration on plane, as the rider prefers. Q.S.T.S. offers 24 degrees of total trim range.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
- The FX™ HO is powered by a high output Yamaha MR-1™ engine. This 1052cc four cylinder, four-stroke Yamaha marine engine delivers more power in a lighter package than any other full-size, four-stroke normally-aspirated watercraft in the industry.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Four individually adjustable throttle bodies, throttle position sensor (TPS) and intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The results are a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Independent Water-jacketed Exhaust Manifolds with Collector: Achieves high power while keeping noise and exhaust heat under control.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The NanoXcel Hull and Deck
- The FX HO features the world’s first hulls and decks manufactured through the use of cutting edge nanotechnology. Yamaha’s new NanoXcel ultra-lightweight, high strength material reduces the weight of the hull, deck and liner by 25% and provides performance gains in acceleration, top speed and handling. Additionally, the NanoXcel material offers a shinier, gem-like finish which reduces surface tension on the water, providing a more nimble, responsive ride.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- Five-step Adjustable Tilt Steering System: Allows the rider to adjust the steering column angle from 55 degrees to 35 degrees.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, battery voltage, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function and the industry’s only audible warning system.
- Industry’s First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha’s innovative remote-controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the FX HO’s digital security system and all-new Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
- Low RPM Mode™: Also with the touch of a button on the remote transmitter, the top speed of the FX HO is reduced by nearly 30 percent.
- Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the FX HO without your permission.
- 27 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large 19.8-gallon cooler, rear storage tub and glove box.
- Comfortable Two-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support. The extra-long seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine and the cooler.
- Pneumatically-assisted Storage Compartment: Large 19.8-gallon front compartment, remote release lever and pneumatic lid support.
- Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry’s first self-draining beverage holders.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform with Retractable Reboarding Step: Provides a stable area for reboarding.
- Dual Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 76 x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Compression Ratio: 11.9:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 31° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
Pump: 155mm, High-Pressure Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 132.7 in. (3.37 m)
Width: 48.4 in. (1.23 m)
Height: 45.7 in. (1.16 m)
Seat Length: 66 in./56 in. (1.67 m/1.43 m)
Dry Weight: 773 lbs (350 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 18.5 gal (70 l)
Oil Capacity: 1.32 gal (5 l)
Vehicle Capacity: 3 person/ 529 lbs (240 kg)
Storage Capacity: 26.4 gal (100 l)
Hull Material: NanoXcel
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
Color: Blue Onyx
Price: starting at 10,599 USD