2008 Yamaha GP1300R
The 2008 Yamaha GP1300R – the world’s most desirable musclecraft – is a pureblooded thoroughbred born of the unending challenge of achieving competitive excellence that is a part of the Yamaha DNA.
2008 Yamaha GP1300R
The 3-cylinder, 2-stroke, 1,297cc fuel injected Yamaha Marine engine is unquestionably the ultimate form of the 2-stroke engine, and outfitted with a highly efficient catalytic converter, it achieves a high-level balance of power output and clean exhaust of the highest standard. The powerful engine of the 2008 GP1300R makes it feel as though it has an afterburner.
In its last year of production, the Yamaha GP1300R has a new metallic blue exterior and aggressive graphics that give to this musclecraft a new visual impact to this model’s concept.
The high-performance hull has been refined and proven victorious in the race arena, where quick handling and running stability in a variety of conditions are a must. The machine’s light weight at less than 655 lbs is another important asset of the GP1300R that enables you to enjoy the ultimate in sporty riding.
A race-proven hull with adjustable sponsons, high-power jet pump and Quick Shift Trim System - for instant control of hull attitude, even on the fly - plus Yamaha’s high-performance EFI system to help deliver lightning-quick throttle response, breathtaking acceleration and clean-burning fuel efficiency.
The 15.9 gallons fuel capacity, the 4.8 gallons of storage capacity, the multifunction instrumentation panel, the quick shift trim system, the adjustable sponsons that allow you to customize your Waverunner with just a few turns of the wrench and the performance hull specifically designed for those who demand uncompromising handling and responsiveness make the Yamaha GP1300R the perfect choice for you.
All heads turn when they see the GP1300R race by like a bolt of blue lightening across the water.
The sleek, muscular lines of this model are the epitome of the "muscle craft" and it invites you to get out on the waterand ride to your heart’s content.
If you’ve ever dreamed about ripping up the water on the legendary GP1300R, this is your final chance. With a slew of world-championship titles under its belt, this WaveRunner® has had more than its share of glory – but once it leaves the gates in 2008, it won’t be back so now it’s time to get your hand on it.
- The GP®1300R is powered by a high-performance, fuel-injected, three-cylinder, 1296cc Yamaha marine engine.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Computer-controlled, electronic fuel injection system automatically adjusts fuel flow and ignition timing for quick throttle response, maximum acceleration, and improved fuel efficiency.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and off-throttle steering. The OTS function of YEMS activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- raction Control: To manage the awesome power of the GP1300R, Y.E.M.S. utilizes a traction control feature that alters fuel/air mixtures. This system enhances acceleration by reducing prop spin and achieves top end performance by maintaining engine RPM.
- Ceramic-plated Cylinders: Optimal heat transfer, durable, accurate and consistent bore, lightweight.
- Yamaha Loop-charged Combustion: Fuel mixture actually loops as it enters the combustion chamber, which helps distribute fuel/air mixture evenly for better combustion, performance and fuel economy.
- High-performance Tuned Exhaust Pipe and Manifold: The equal flow manifold allows all cylinders to perform equally at peak performance
- Variable Oil Injection: Regulates the fuel/oil mixture to deliver only what is needed at different RPM levels; reduces smoke and oil consumption.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The GP1300R high pressure pump: Designed to maximize water flow for high performance, while reducing sound, the GP1300R intake cavity and pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- Quick Shift Trim System (Q.S.T.S.): Mechanically operated, this system offers instant change in the attitude of the watercraft while underway allowing for tighter turns or quicker acceleration on plane, as the rider prefers.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Hull and Deck
- The lightweight GP1300R Sheet Molded Compound (SMC) hull and deck: Designed specifically for two-person riding and competition. The GP1300R hull is reinforced at critical load bearing areas for durability and strength.
- Championship Winning, Semi-V Hull: This hull is based on the same design as that of the world champion GP®1200R. Its unique variable draft and concave keel design delivers exact handling in all water conditions.
- Yamaha Adjustable Sponsons (Y.A.S.): This system allows the rider to adjust the turning characteristics of the watercraft to either a positive racing set-up or a more recreational feel.
- Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Reduces bow spray.
- By employing proven technologies, Yamaha delivers significant reductions in emissions output and noise levels without compromising performance and reliability.
- Yamaha Sound Suppression System: This system of integrated noise reduction components targets the three common types of noise: 1.) intake noise, 2.) exhaust noise and 3.) noise from vibration.
- Yamaha Platinum Plus System: The Yamaha Platinum Plus System is a high-tech catalyst that is artfully integrated into the exhaust system. The GP1300R comes with a California “two-star” rating for very low emissions.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, oil level, low fuel warning, low oil warning, overheat warning and hour meter, battery voltage, exhaust temperature warning indicator, check engine light with self-diagnostic function and the industry’s only audible warning system.
- Skid Resistant Footwells: Provides added traction and comfort.
- Padded Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform while reboarding.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A 10 foot-plus spray of water created to improve the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 3-Cylinder, 2-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 84mm x 78mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Intake: Reed Valve
Type of Scavenging: Loop-Charged
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Variable Oil Injection
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Compression Ratio: 5.9:1
Carburetor/Injection: Electronic Fuel Injection
Ignition Timing: 18° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGK BR8ES-11
Pump: 155mm High-pressure Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive From Engine
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 115.4 in. (2.93 m)
Width: 45.3 in. (1.15 m)
Height: 40.2 in. (1.02 m)
Seat Length: 37.4 in./35 in. (.95 m/.89 m)
Dry Weight: 655 lbs (306 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Oil Capacity: 1.45 gal (5.5 l)
Vehicle Capacity: 2 person/353 lbs (160 kg)
Storage Capacity: 4.8 gal (18 l)
Hull Material: Ultra-Lightweight SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
Color: Metallic Midnight Blue
Price: starting at 9,699 USD
Model not available in NY or CA