2008 Yamaha VX
Dependable, reliable, affordable.
The 2008 VX is Yamaha’s answer to the person who wants the refreshing feeling of a high-performance 4-stroke engine and the kind of sharp handling that the high-performance VX hull provides, all at a reasonable price.
2008 Yamaha VX
The 2008 VX is powered by a 110 horsepower, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine.
What will surprise you at the Yamaha VX is the great fuel economy of this model’s 4-cylinder VX engine. For riders who want to spend less money on fuel and more time out on the water, the incomparable fuel economy of this model compared to the 4-stroke models of the other makers is a real blessing.
The VX has a longer seat for an extra roomy feel and the same extended rear platform as the rest of the VX lineup, so you always have a place to relax and hang out between rides. And world renowned Yamaha reliability makes this waverunner the number one choice of rental operators everywhere.
The extended rear platform expands the variety of marine sports you can enjoy, and the full array of features like the front compartment, glove box and multifunction meters are sure to be appreciated. It may look like a nice and simple package, but the VX is simply a masterpiece, packed full of Yamaha PWC technology and waiting to open up a whole new Waverunner world for you.
With its aggressive styling, exceptional fuel economy, stunning performance and all-round ability, the VX is a great way to start your adventures in the wonderful world of watercraft.
The 15.9 gallons of fuel will take you and your two friends on a journey you won’t forget on the Yamaha VX.
Easy to ride, easy to maintain, easy to have fun – this is the 2008 Yamaha VX!
- The VX™ is powered by a Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, 110 horsepower, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configurations ever: the pump increases stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
- The VX hull is designed to be light and strong.
- Progressive, V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- 19 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glovebox.
- Comfortable One-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support. The extra-long seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine compartment.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for reboarding.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 76mm x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 30° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
Pump: 155mm Axial Flow Single Stage
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Gear Ratio: 21:31
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 126.8 in. (3.22 m)
Width: 46.1 in. (1.17 m)
Height: 45.3 in. (1.15 m)
Seat Length: 66 in./56 in. (1.67 m/1.43 m)
Dry Weight: 703 lbs (319 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Vehicle Capacity: 3 person/529 lbs (240 kg)
Oil Capacity: 1.1 gal (4.3 l)
Storage Capacity: 18.7 gal (70.8 l)
Hull Material: SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color: Aqua Blue
Price: starting at 7,399 USD