2008 Yamaha VX Cruiser
Yamaha’s unique Cruiser Concept puts some fine finishing touches in 2008 on the popular Yamaha VX Cruiser model to widen its appeal even more.
2008 Yamaha VX Cruiser
The heart of the 2008 Yamaha VX Cruiser is the 4-stroke 4-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine with its smooth, unstressed power development and broad power band that provides plenty of usable power at every rpm level. At the same time, this engine’s excellent fuel economy has been proven in comparison tests time and again. The added cruising range this economic engine provides is a major plus for a cruiser model.
The VX Cruiser is a step up from the very capable and exciting VX Deluxe model and offers the same aggressive styling, exceptional economy, stunning performance, precision handling and all-round ability, together with luxuries like mirrors, reverse and the Yamaha remote security system with “L” mode.
You will experience, on the 2008 VX Deluxe, how the Cruiser Seat provides a perfect fit, when maneuvering through the water and when accelerating. You will also experience the sharp handling, perfect cornering control, excellence balance and sure-footed handling that the VX hull design provides.
The rider forward design is longer than comparable models allowing ample space for riders plus a larger rear boarding platform. You get all the bells and whistles, built with unparalleled Yamaha reliability and all at a great price.
Moving up to this fabulous VX Cruiser means you get even more, because this is a craft specifically geared for the joys of relaxed, long-range performance cruising in the way only Yamaha know how.
The 2008 VX Cruisers some features like the convex dual mirrors that help the driver to keep an eye on wakeboarders and skiers in tow; the low RPM/ security mode that offers better fuel efficiency and can disable the ignition when you leave your vehicle unattended and the unique reverse bucket that gives this Waverunner superior maneuverability - making it easier to dock and launch.
When you can have the 2008 Yamaha VX Cruiser – the industry’s best selling, most comfortable and affordable PWC – why settle for less?
- The VX™ Cruiser is powered by a Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you cannot turn around easily.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
- The VX Cruiser hull is designed to be light and strong.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- Industry’s First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha’s innovative remote-controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the VX digital security system and Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
- Low RPM Mode™: Also with the touch of a button on the remote transmitter, the top speed of the VX Cruiser is reduced by nearly 30 percent.
- Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the VX Cruiser without your permission.
- Dual Concave Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- 19 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
- Cruiser Seat: Adds confort and support for both passenger and driver.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for reboarding.
- Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry’s first self-draining insulated beverage holders.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 76mm x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Ignition: Direct Ignition
Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 30° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
Pump: 155mm Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Gear Ratio: 21:31
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 126.8 in. (3.22 m)
Width: 46.1 in. (1.17 m)
Height: 45.3 in. (1.15 m)
Seat Length: 66 in./56 in. (1.67 m/1.43 m)
Dry Weight: 712 lbs (323 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Vehicle Capacity: 3 person/ 529 lbs (240 kg)
Oil Capacity: 1.1 gal (4.3 l)
Storage Capacity: 18.7 gal (70.8 l)
Hull Material: SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color: Eclipse Black; Carbon Bronze
Price: starting at 8,399 USD