2008 Yamaha VX Deluxe
The 2008 Yamaha VX Deluxe is for people who like active marine sports riding and prefer a freer riding position. This model has been fitted with a sports type seat that will be appreciated because it allows greater freedom of sitting position for the rider and passenger.
2008 Yamaha VX Deluxe
The 2008 VX Deluxe is powered by a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine.
The one piece cylinder and crankcase assembly are special design providing tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
An integrated, computerized management system assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating controlling and adjusting functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS.
The V hull of the VX Deluxe is designed to be light and strong and to provide excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
The VX Deluxe offers aggressive styling, exceptional economy, stunning performance and all-round ability, but included in its comprehensive specification are extra luxuries like mirrors that help the driver is able to keep an eye on wakeboarders and skiers in tow, reverse gives this waverunner superior maneuverability - making it easier to dock and launch and the Yamaha remote security system with ‘L’ mode.
The 19 gallons of total storage, the comfortable one-piece seat, the extra large boarding platform and the remote transmitter that helps you easily to set Low RPM Mode for better fuel efficiency, or to disable the ignition when you leave your vehicle unattended make this waverunner the perfect one for you.
This watercraft delivers many features of higher-priced models, but in a far more affordable package and at a higher performance level. For the rider who wants a good-looking all-around performer, the VX is the perfect fit.
- The VX™ Deluxe is powered by a Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you cannot turn around easily.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
- The VX Deluxe hull is designed to be light and strong.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- Industry’s First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha’s innovative remote-controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the VX digital security system and Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
- Low RPM Mode™: Also with the touch of a button on the remote transmitter, the top speed of the VX Deluxe is reduced by nearly 30 percent.
- Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the VX Deluxe without your permission.
- Dual Concave Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- 19 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
- Comfortable One-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support. The extra-long seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine compartment.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for reboarding.
- Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry’s first self-draining insulated beverage holders.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 76mm x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 30° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
Pump: 155mm Axial Flow
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Gear Ratio: 21:31
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 126.8 in. (3.22 m)
Width: 46.1 in. (1.17 m)
Height: 45.3 in. (1.15 m)
Seat Length: 66 in./56 in. (1.67 m/1.43 m)
Dry Weight: 710 lbs (322 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Vehicle Capacity: 3 person/ 529 lbs (240 kg)
Oil Capacity: 1.1 gal (4.3 l)
Storage Capacity: 18.7 gal (70.8 l)
Hull Material: SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color: Neptune Blue; Eclipse Black
Price: starting at 7,999 USD