2008 Yamaha VX Sport
2008 Yamaha VX Sport
Each time you look at the fuel gauge on the full featured dash of the VX Sport you’re reminded of the exceptional fuel efficiency provided by its four stroke Yamaha Marine engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
There is nothing out there that can give the performance of the 2008 VX Sport for anywhere near the same price. It’s fast, has a throaty sound to the engine, rides incredibly smooth, even when landing jumps, and is inexpensive. I would recommend this waverunner to everyone I know.
With a convenient glove box and over 18 gallons of storage, the VX Sport has plenty of room for towels, sunscreen and all the gear you need for a day on the water.
The VX Sport is an industry leader in fuel efficiency – using almost two fewer gallons of fuel per hour than the nearest competitor.
Other features of the 2008 VX Sport are: the extended rear platform, the multifunction instrumentation panel, the scratch-resistant black hull and the tow hook. And the 3 person seat makes it perfect for having fun with your family.
For families that want to spend a lot of time together without spending a lot of money, the 2008 Yamaha VX Sport delivers the kind of sport performance you’d expect from a more expensive PWC. Quality, reliability and performance all come standard with Yamaha’s legendary reputation.
- The VX™ Sport is powered by a Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configurations ever: The pump increases stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
- The VX Sport hull is designed to be light and strong.
- Progressive, V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- 19 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glovebox.
- Comfortable One-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support. The extra-long seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine compartment.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for reboarding.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 76mm x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 30° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
Pump: 155mm Axial Flow Single Stage
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Gear Ratio: 21:31
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 126.8 in. (3.22 m)
Width: 46.1 in. (1.17 m)
Height: 45.3 in. (1.15 m)
Seat Length: 66 in./56 in. (1.67 m/1.43 m)
Dry Weight: 703 lbs (319 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gal (60 l)
Vehicle Capacity: 3 person/529 lbs (240 kg)
Oil Capacity: 1.1 gal (4.3 l)
Storage Capacity: 18.7 gal (70.8 l)
Hull Material: SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color: Heat Red
Price: starting at 7,599 USD