2009 Yamaha VX Sport
Sporty yet practical, the 2009 Yamaha VX Sport shows off the dual aspects of its personality with a sturdy black hull, dynamic performance and outstanding dependability.
The VX Sport established itself as the best-selling standard in the world’s entry-level and rental markets appears this year with refreshing new Heat Red coloring. It is sure to cut a stylish figure against the blue sky and water. The combination of the VX hull, with its light handling feel and running stability, and the four-stroke 1052cc engine with its outstanding reliability and durability, make this model the popular favorite for all kinds of use conditions in riding areas around the world. You will appreciate its multifunction meters that provide necessary information in easily viewable form and the Extended Rear Platform designed to accommodate all kinds of marine recreation. This VX Sport embodies the WaveRunner qualities that open up a world of "Fun Riding" and "Excitement." Let it take you to that world of fun and freedom on the water.
2009 Yamaha VX Sport
The 2009 VX Sport is powered by a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-stroke, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled Yamaha MR-1™ engine that offers class-leading performance.
The VX Sport features more than 18 gallons of storage to hold all of the day’s gear, a waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity; a black hull that reduces unsightly scratches and a large rear platform for easy boarding.
The Yamaha VX Sport is a fun, affordable WaveRunner personal watercraft that offers families the best in reliability, durability and fuel economy.
- The VX™ Sport is powered by a Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configurations ever: The pump increases stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
- The VX Sport hull is designed to be light and strong.
- Progressive, V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- 19 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glovebox.
- Comfortable One-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support. The extra-long seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine compartment.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for reboarding.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Bore/Stroke: 76mm x 58mm
Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Type of Exhaust: Wet
Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
Ignition Timing: 30° BTDC
Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
Pump: 155mm Axial Flow Single Stage
Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
Gear Ratio: 21:31
Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Length: 126.8” (3.22m)
Width: 46.1” (1.17m)
Height: 45.3” (1.15m)
Seat Length: 66”/56” (1.67m/1.43m)
Dry Weight: 703 lb (319 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gal (60L)
Vehicle Capacity: 3 person/529 lbs (240 kg)
Oil Capacity: 1.1 gal (4.3 L)
Storage Capacity: 18.7 gal (70.8 L)
Hull Material: SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color: Heat Red