American Racing is one of the most addictive car racing games in our portfolio. It’s a comprehensive NASCAR-themed race game that relies a lot on NASCAR drafting, a technique by which you get as close as possible to the rear bumper of the car in front of you before you make an overtaking maneuver. You can also use the boost function to gain an edge over the competition.
The goal of the game is to pass a specific race by finishing in the pre-determined place set by the game. If the race needs you to finish in at least 10th place, you’re going to have to finish the race by placing 10th or higher to pass and earn enough money to upgrade your race car. You can also win the race outright and earn the prestigious Gold Award.
American Racing is so comprehensive that it even has a calendar of races that you can compete in. You’ll need to finish high in these races to unlock future races on your way to becoming the game’s champion.
If you’re looking for a game that’s as fun as watching a NASCAR race, American Racing is the game for you. It’s one of the best ones on the Internet that captures the frantic frenzy of stock car racing, right down to the maneuvers that you need to pull in order to overtake your rivals.
Try to defeat as many as 59 rivals in a specific race. These are the kinds of challenges that await you when you play American Racing.
How to Play
- Wait until you see the blue “Continue” button at the bottom of the intro screen
- Press “Play Game” on the main menu screen to get started
- Pick an event from the Race Calendar. The first event is called Turbo Golf and you have to meet the conditions of the race by finishing 10th or higher in a race that features 20 cars.
- Take advantage of the drafting aspect of the game. Get as close as possible to the car in front of you and make an overtaking maneuver once you’ve drafted into that car
- With the money that you earn, upgrade your race car so it can be more competitive in future races
- Try to win the Gold Award by finishing 1st in the race
- Once unlocked, play new events until you become the best in the game
- Up arrow to accelerate
- Left arrow to turn left
- Right arrow to turn right
- Space bar or Ctrl+shift to engage boost function